2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

Red & Bob

Hahaha I love the dismissal of the abacus, but I admit now it was a bit of a daft suggestion that you might watch the video and learn how it works.

Now chaps, listen in, need to have a little education here - forgive me if I am stating the obvious but I now realise there are certain ummmmm capacity issues concerning your understanding of football finance.

Firstly Joe Lewis is a dynamic owner and loyal friend of THFC. You clearly are blissfully unaware that he is worth $4.2 billion at the last Forbes count. He is the worlds (listed) 308th richest man. He invests in THFC and runs it remotely as a very viable and profitable company. He is the 9th wealthiest Briton.

In contrast, Malcolm Glazer, is worth $4.4 billion. He is ranked the 286th richest man. He does not invest in Man Utd. He reportedly channels funds out of them (500m in 2010) and sees the club as a cash cow. He will eventually sell you to the dogs.

Difference? Chalk & Cheese.

Spurs are cash rich, and will remain so. I say again......We do not need to sell Bale to fund our ongoing business.

Carry on!

Ian i respect your opinion.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red & Bob

Hahaha I love the dismissal of the abacus, but I admit now it was a bit of a daft suggestion that you might watch the video and learn how it works.

Now chaps, listen in, need to have a little education here - forgive me if I am stating the obvious but I now realise there are certain ummmmm capacity issues concerning your understanding of football finance.

Firstly Joe Lewis is a dynamic owner and loyal friend of THFC. You clearly are blissfully unaware that he is worth $4.2 billion at the last Forbes count. He is the worlds (listed) 308th richest man. He invests in THFC and runs it remotely as a very viable and profitable company. He is the 9th wealthiest Briton.

In contrast, Malcolm Glazer, is worth $4.4 billion. He is ranked the 286th richest man. He does not invest in Man Utd. He reportedly channels funds out of them (500m in 2010) and sees the club as a cash cow. He will eventually sell you to the dogs.

Spurs are cash rich, and will remain so. I say again......We do not need to sell Bale to fund our ongoing business.

Carry on!

Yeah..... And I am gonna look like a right plonker if things don't go to plan !!!!

Where would the banter be without that! tongue.png

Red & Bob

Carry on!

Yeah..... And I am gonna look like a right plonker if things don't go to plan !!!!

Its the truth....and has surprised many of us with his support of the club this summer.

Longer term we all want to see the new stadium built....that is the real future for Tottenham....that and a proper transport link.

Either Spuds management are doing a 'defeated poker player in the last chance saloon' impression or they know that the big money is coming into the bank in the next week or so!

Only if Madrid are paying us cash upfront. Sadly, all mouth and trousers Perez doesn't have any money. How much have you heard coming out of Madrid in the last week? Nothing really! This has been the case since the meeting between Perez and Levy.

Or do you think will will give them our prize asset on the cheap and in installments. Surely you don't think that do you?

Joe Lewis sanctioned this spend because with a new stadium build starting we need champions league money. Its a simple as that.

Dunno why you believe that Madrid have no money. Surely not just because they are hanging out tough trying to not to pay the silly telephone numbers that are being talked about for the top flight players. Surely you are not selectively starting to trust press bullshit. Do you really think it would be good for football Carmine if Bale goes to Madrid for 70 million, Suarez to Arsenal for 50 million and Rooney to Chelsea for 40 million?

I rather like Hull City's Malaysian backer who today said that he'd rather give his extra money to charity now, rather than to overpaid football players. The silly money was being paid at the start of the window (Cavani, Falcao and that completely fcuked the market). I personally hope that it stops there and none of these mega-deals get done at the top wack. If Arsenal have to struggle through with essentially the team they finished with last year then so be it. Means we won't get top 4 (we have a suicidally thin squad at the moment, which more than three injuries will brutally expose) and Wenger goes out next Summer on a very low note, but in the long run it'll be good for the game. Luckily Arsenal have a soft first quarter so there may be time to resurrect our season in the January transfers in the unlikely event that common sense is restored by then.

Anything can still happen though.

Either Spuds management are doing a 'defeated poker player in the last chance saloon' impression or they know that the big money is coming into the bank in the next week or so!

Only if Madrid are paying us cash upfront. Sadly, all mouth and trousers Perez doesn't have any money. How much have you heard coming out of Madrid in the last week? Nothing really! This has been the case since the meeting between Perez and Levy.

Or do you think will will give them our prize asset on the cheap and in installments. Surely you don't think that do you?

Joe Lewis sanctioned this spend because with a new stadium build starting we need champions league money. Its a simple as that.

Dunno why you believe that Madrid have no money.

It's in the public domain, they are broke, and are facing serious litigation from their local authority. They wanted a player swap and instalment plan for Bale and as soon as they finally realised it ain't happening they have all gone quiet. Simple as that. They don't have the cash!

Man Yoo for Bale is fine on paper, but I am convinced we would never sell to a PL competitor. Not now. If he was in last 18 months of contract then that is a whole new ball game ..... Scuse the pun. I wouldn't mind betting he will end up at PSG next year to be honest.

ah come on red, moyes has already admitted its a step up for him in the tran

sfer market, now its plainly obvious its a step up in general game, this little moan about the fixtures just proves he aint quite got to grips with it as yet, its the sort of statement a promoted manager or mid table manager would/could say to cover their arse if they were expecting a few defeats, not expected from the manager of the team that it's supporters are oh so quick to remind everyone that they'walked' the prem last year.

And just another point i'm just wondering if Ian Holloway had questioned the leagues integrity over the fixture list whether he wouldn't have been dealt with a little bit differently by the powers to be .?

<deleted> up with this site 2 day !!!!

Absolute tosh mate......Fergie would have said the same thing and if only to get the boys up for it and ready....i really don't understand why you are against Moyes so much.......ok i do.

Whats tosh?, And Wrong, i'm not against moyes, just an observer, and whilst you're sure Ferguson would have said the same thing, I'm not. But saying that, if Ferguson had said it, could have been perceived as what you said, but moyes saying it, different, its perceived as a whine, a bitch and Moyes has admitted transfer dealings at utds level are step up for him,and blatantly obvious its the same with the media @utd and he aint QUITE got to grips with that AS YET, take the rooney situ, he'd appeared 2 have done the hard work, and seemed to have it under control, then BINGO, one dumb comment and its kicked of again,.. And as for the hoolaway comment we all know its been a long standing bitch by other smaller clubs and fans that its one rule for utd and one rule for them, and imo, this situ reinforces that argument. Point really is that moyes has created a scenario where there was no need 4 one.

Edited by rijit

ah come on red, moyes has already admitted its a step up for him in the tran

sfer market, now its plainly obvious its a step up in general game, this little moan about the fixtures just proves he aint quite got to grips with it as yet, its the sort of statement a promoted manager or mid table manager would/could say to cover their arse if they were expecting a few defeats, not expected from the manager of the team that it's supporters are oh so quick to remind everyone that they'walked' the prem last year.

And just another point i'm just wondering if Ian Holloway had questioned the leagues integrity over the fixture list whether he wouldn't have been dealt with a little bit differently by the powers to be .?

<deleted> up with this site 2 day !!!!

Absolute tosh mate......Fergie would have said the same thing and if only to get the boys up for it and ready....i really don't understand why you are against Moyes so much.......ok i do.

Whats tosh?, And Wrong, i'm not against moyes, just an observer, and whilst you're sure Ferguson would have said the same thing, I'm not. But saying that, if Ferguson had said it, could have been perceived as what you said, but moyes saying it, different, its perceived as a whine, a bitch and Moyes has admitted transfer dealings at utds level are step up for him,and blatantly obvious its the same with the media @utd and he aint QUITE got to grips with that AS YET, take the rooney situ, he'd appeared 2 have done the hard work, and seemed to have it under control, then BINGO, one dumb comment and its kicked of again,.. And as for the hoolaway comment we all know its been a long standing bitch by other smaller clubs and fans that its one rule for utd and one rule for them, and imo, this situ reinforces that argument. Point really is that moyes has created a scenario where there was no need 4 one.

I hear where Red is coming from....but a bullish approach rather than a whine would have been a better comment I think right now.

Man Yoo need a show of strength in the first couple of games or the domino effect might happen.

let's hope that don't happen....that would be simply...well awful....biggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.png

It's in the public domain, they are broke, and are facing serious litigation from their local authority. They wanted a player swap and instalment plan for Bale and as soon as they finally realised it ain't happening they have all gone quiet. Simple as that. They don't have the cash!

Man Yoo for Bale is fine on paper, but I am convinced we would never sell to a PL competitor. Not now. If he was in last 18 months of contract then that is a whole new ball game ..... Scuse the pun. I wouldn't mind betting he will end up at PSG next year to be honest.

All i'm saying is Real Madrid are effectively controlled by the Bank of Madrid and with the current economic situation in Spain i cannot see the bank sanctioning 100m euros to a club 600m euros in debt to buy a monkey.

There is no conceivable way Bale will be sold to Man Utd.

[ I wouldn't mind betting he will end up at PSG next year to be honest.

You heard it first here....PSG next summer.

Personally, I think a player as talented and as young as GB would like exposure to a bigger club than PSG (I'm not talking just a money club). Spurs have spent a lot of money on their squad and looking to improve further, if he stays there he should be in a top 5 EPL club. Real Madrid at some point seems to be the most likely of other clubs, if in fact they can afford him, Man U a possibility, but doubtful. Whilst he's still in the UK I would love to see him playing, but I read he's out for a few games, is that correct...and what's the reason, when are we likely to see him in action for the first team?

• Like 1

Personally, I think a player as talented and as young as GB would like exposure to a bigger club than PSG (I'm not talking just a money club). Spurs have spent a lot of money on their squad and looking to improve further, if he stays there he should be in a top 5 EPL club. Real Madrid at some point seems to be the most likely of other clubs, if in fact they can afford him, Man U a possibility, but doubtful. Whilst he's still in the UK I would love to see him playing, but I read he's out for a few games, is that correct...and what's the reason, when are we likely to see him in action for the first team?

Theres no chance whatsoever of Bale being sold to Manchester United. He will be sold abroad and almost certainly to Real Madrid next summer.

My reason for suggesting PSG is I see them following a similar path as Man City, who prior to the ME investment were middle of the road and unremarkable. PSG are following the same trajectory. Blanc is a stop gap, they will soon get the manager they want and will then attract the best players. They are the Ligue 1 champions of a recent world cup and euros winning nation. True, CL is going to continue to be tough until they can attract the best players. They have the cash to pay for Bale without HP or complex swap deals.

Paris to London a very easy hop for commuting, certainly in the short term.

My reason for suggesting PSG is I see them following a similar path as Man City, who prior to the ME investment were middle of the road and unremarkable. PSG are following the same trajectory. Blanc is a stop gap, they will soon get the manager they want and will then attract the best players. They are the Ligue 1 champions of a recent world cup and euros winning nation. True, CL is going to continue to be tough until they can attract the best players. They have the cash to pay for Bale without HP or complex swap deals.

Paris to London a very easy hop for commuting, certainly in the short term.

Agreed with Ups and Carmine. It'll be Madrid or bust. I think Bale is a "thoughtful" young man with a very involved management team. They will be looking to maximize his earning potential with a transfer to arguably the biggest club in football. Off the pitch loot in the mega mega millions. Unlike Carmine, I still think that transfer could come sooner than later.

Quote iancnx

"My reason for suggesting PSG is I see them following a similar path as Man City, who prior to the ME investment were middle of the road and unremarkable".

IMO the only reason he would go to PSG would be for the money. All I've read from Spurs fans, is what a nice, loyal lad he is who is not in it for the money, so I don't think he would be mercenary and go to PSG. As far as the current France International team, most except 5 don't play in France and none are from PSG, so I'm not sure of your point?

I was responding to your quote that it would be "next summer", so I think it could be Spurs IF they make the CL, Real Madrid IF they have the money and possibly Man U,

2 weeks - back for the Arsenal game is what the TV sports news are reporting.

I saw that as well this morning. Curious IMO that his return coincides exactly with the end of the transfer window. And, what the hell is wrong with his little monkey footy wooty ? You don't see much on that either.

Way too many "coincidences" and way too little info available from the major players. In contrast to the stated opinion by Spurs supporters that the recent drop off in commentary means Bale is staying, I would think the opposite. The parties involved are now in more serious negotiation and the "hush" rule is in effect in order not to queer things. SOP.

• Like 1

The most hilarious rumour now is that Falcao is up for sale. Something to do with the LFP having a pop at Monaco for spending 125 million and being able to pay players significantly more money than the rest of the French clubs, due to their tax haven status.

It would seem the LFP are threatening to kick them out of the league if they don't register the club in Paris and pay the same tax as everyone else.

From Marca of course.

The most hilarious rumour now is that Falcao is up for sale. Something to do with the LFP having a pop at Monaco for spending 125 million and being able to pay players significantly more money than the rest of the French clubs, due to their tax haven status.

It would seem the LFP are threatening to kick them out of the league if they don't register the club in Paris and pay the same tax as everyone else.

From Marca of course.

Rubbish.

They recently had their 2 point deduction waived. That'll teach 'em !!rolleyes.gif

Quote iancnx

"My reason for suggesting PSG is I see them following a similar path as Man City, who prior to the ME investment were middle of the road and unremarkable".

IMO the only reason he would go to PSG would be for the money. All I've read from Spurs fans, is what a nice, loyal lad he is who is not in it for the money, so I don't think he would be mercenary and go to PSG. As far as the current France International team, most except 5 don't play in France and none are from PSG, so I'm not sure of your point?

I was responding to your quote that it would be "next summer", so I think it could be Spurs IF they make the CL, Real Madrid IF they have the money and possibly Man U,

If PSG become really attractive, French players may well choose to stay at home. Man Yoo have no chance unless he is in last 18 months contract and no other offers. Nothing to suggest RM will have any cash any time soon unless they sell existing stars.

I accept my idea is looking unlikely right now, but I did say next Summer.....

same here. i still think bale will end up at madrid this summer.

I hope so if they can engineer the deal to pay the money upfront. Its good for my club.

I'm also sure that AVB is working on the basis that it will happen and is acting accordingly.

I'm much the same view of Liverpool fans with Suarez in that if it happens then cash in big time but i must say the real coup would be the unlikely in getting Morata in the deal but i doubt he would want to move to us

• Like 1

2 weeks - back for the Arsenal game is what the TV sports news are reporting.

I saw that as well this morning. Curious IMO that his return coincides exactly with the end of the transfer window. And, what the hell is wrong with his little monkey footy wooty ? You don't see much on that either.

Way too many "coincidences" and way too little info available from the major players. In contrast to the stated opinion by Spurs supporters that the recent drop off in commentary means Bale is staying, I would think the opposite. The parties involved are now in more serious negotiation and the "hush" rule is in effect in order not to queer things. SOP.

Its simple mate. If they come in with the cash then he's off and with my best wishes. He's a top bloke and done right by us. Its great for the club and if i'm honest i'd love to have him for another season but theres no club bar the oligarch/arab elite that could turn down a cash upfront deal

don t normally do the star but the beeb had a link and catch a load of the video, oh turn the sound off , shocking music

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332897/Pablo-Osvaldo-rejects-latest-Southampton-bid-in-favour-of-Tottenham-move

looking at these stats for the last couple of years could he b the real deal?

2010–2011 Espanyol 44 (20) 2011– Roma 55 (27) Edited by rijit

don t normally do the star but the beeb had a link and catch a load of the video, oh turn the sound off , shocking music

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/332897/Pablo-Osvaldo-rejects-latest-Southampton-bid-in-favour-of-Tottenham-move

2010–2011 Espanyol 44 (20) 2011– Roma 55 (27)

Bit of a loose cannon rij, talk of him and Lamala coming together but can't see it myself due to the fact that Osvaldo gave him a clump a few months ago !

Bit of a loose cannon rij, talk of him and Lamala coming together but can't see it myself due to the fact that Osvaldo gave him a clump a few months ago !

Osvaldo is a very dangerous #9 who will score you goals. But, he is also just very dangerous as Alfie points out. Has had many run ins with fellow players and also managers. He hasn't done himself any favors with fellow Argentines by opting to play for Italy.

Osvaldo is a very dangerous #9 who will score you goals. But, he is also just very dangerous as Alfie points out. Has had many run ins with fellow players and also managers. He hasn't done himself any favors with fellow Argentines by opting to play for Italy.

Then its a good job our real targets Eric Lamela thenwink.png

btw, Osvaldo had an offer on the table from us last season and turned us down.

Edited by carmine