2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

I don't like his price, but I do like how he would slot in on the left.

yeah but u've got coutinho operating the virtually the same position mate, he's my 'player 2 watch' in the prem this year, outside the lane of coarse biggrin.png

not playing him BIG MISTAKE.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah but u've got coutinho operating the virtually the same position mate, he's my 'player 2 watch' in the prem this year, outside the lane of coarse biggrin.png

willian plays from the right for shakhtar. and brendan rodgers likes his inverted wingers. you don't have to worry about coutinho not playing, whether it's off the left or in the hole.

If you are genuinely in for Willian it means Bale is gone right?

If the reports are true about Willian then yes i'd have thought very possible. Especially as theres a center back and Lamela i hope still to be done. Just keeping it quiet so we don't get milked on any ongoings targets i suppose. That might also mean our left back situation is also sorted with Coentrao. However, reports have suggested from the onset that AVB was given 50-100m this window aside of Bale so its not for certain, but would make sense in my book especially if his heads been turned enough

This window however is turning into Daniel Levy's finest hour. I can't help thinking that Madrid have somehow convinced themselves that they must have Bale at any cost and driven themselves into a corner. Its just such a ridiculous price they are having to pay for a youngster with a lot to learn who's going to be closed down as fast as lightening in La Liga

• Like 1

If you are genuinely in for Willian it means Bale is gone right?

If the reports are true about Willian then yes i'd have thought very possible. Especially as theres a center back and Lamela i hope still to be done. Just keeping it quiet so we don't get milked on any ongoings targets i suppose. That might also mean our left back situation is also sorted with Coentrao. However, reports have suggested from the onset that AVB was given 50-100m this window aside of Bale so its not for certain, but would make sense in my book especially if his heads been turned enough

This window however is turning into Daniel Levy's finest hour. I can't help thinking that Madrid have somehow convinced themselves that they must have Bale at any cost and driven themselves into a corner. Its just such a ridiculous price they are having to pay for a youngster with a lot to learn who's going to be closed down as fast as lightening in La Liga

Could well be we sign Willian as our creative player and Bale stays !

willian plays from the right for shakhtar. and brendan rodgers likes his inverted wingers. you don't have to worry about coutinho not playing, whether it's off the left or in the hole.

Rij I would not swap anyone for Coutinho on the park, but his best position is a in the middle and Rodgers wants to play him there. I'd guess Willian/Suarez would be left/right interchanging with Sturridge up top.

Rij I would not swap anyone for Coutinho on the park, but his best position is a in the middle and Rodgers wants to play him there. I'd guess Willian/Suarez would be left/right interchanging with Sturridge up top.

Are you mystic in disguise facepalm.gif you ain't bought him ( Willian) yet and he's already in your team plans laugh.png, so are you saying he will play, Sturridge, Coutinho,Suarez and Willian all at the same time ?

Are you mystic in disguise facepalm.gif you ain't bought him ( Willian) yet and he's already in your team plans laugh.png, so are you saying he will play, Sturridge, Coutinho,Suarez and Willian all at the same time ?

We are discussing a player and his possible position in a team, that's what football fans with football knowledge do.

I'm just worried about you doing all that thinking to no avail laugh.png and you didn't answer the question !

We are discussing a player and his possible position in a team, that's what football fans with football knowledge do.

I'm just worried about you doing all that thinking to no avail laugh.png and you didn't answer the question !

Thanks for your concern Alfie but "thinking" about possibility is not too taxing. This is a transfer rumour thread where a variety of possibilities likely or unlikely are open for discussion. wink.png

Why would I answer a question that I'd already answered?

the active word there is 'possible', alfie. :)

and if, that's if, we were to sign willian then yes, there would be some matches where he, sturridge, coutinho and suarez would all start. almost certainly at home, almost certainly against weaker opposition. nice dilemma to have though. if we possibly potentially might maybe sign him.

Thanks for your concern Alfie but "thinking" about possibility is not too taxing. This is a transfer rumour thread where a variety of possibilities likely or unlikely are open for discussion. wink.png

Thing is Bob, I really think the transfer dealings of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd have been hampered/torpedo'd by the actions of Suarez in yours and Arsenals case and by Rooney in Utd's. Has Rodgers for example been able to pinpoint certain players to purchase whilst being totally in the dark as to what his best players intentions are?

Thing is Bob, I really think the transfer dealings of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd have been hampered/torpedo'd by the actions of Suarez in yours and Arsenals case and by Rooney in Utd's. Has Rodgers for example been able to pinpoint certain players to purchase whilst being totally in the dark as to what his best players intentions are?

suarez has almost ruined our close season but i think brendan's handled it really well on the whole. john henry's intervention definitely helped. but it can't help your planning and who you bring in, no.

• Like 1

absolutely Carms, that and no UCL, but mostly the Suarez situation. Second guessing on such a pivotal player would definitely have screwed with any major purchase considerations. There is definitely money there, I think we are +5M net at the moment and the word was 25 to 40M to spend.

Still plenty of rumours to come out of Arsenal transfer activity: more here from Beeb on:

Benzema

Di Angel

Cabaye

Suarez "Absolutely no chance of that," said Wenger of Suarez arriving at Emirates Stadium

"Quality wise we do not need, but numbers wise we are short," Wenger continued. [Delusional bollux Arsene - quality wise we absolutely need a class strikerfacepalm.gif. Giroud is an acceptable No 2 striker, only]

"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now." [sounds of backfiring stage left].

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

Still plenty of rumours to come out of Arsenal transfer activity: more here from Beeb on:

Benzema

Di Angel

Cabaye

Suarez "Absolutely no chance of that," said Wenger of Suarez arriving at Emirates Stadium

"Quality wise we do not need, but numbers wise we are short," Wenger continued. [Delusional bollux Arsene - quality wise we absolutely need a class strikerfacepalm.gif. Giroud is an acceptable No 2 striker, only]

"The transfer market really starts now, a lot of activity will happen between now and 2 September. We have 12 days. A lot will happen. It starts now." [sounds of backfiring stage left].

No way Madrid will sell Benzema either having off loaded Higuain. Cabaye and Di Maria are realistic to a point but Newcastle will milk you now after the derisory ill timed initial bid that i have to say was rather naughty wasn't it.

Baring in mind the Ox is 3-6 months crocked Di Maria is an option but the one you should be going for plays for Roma

Edited by carmine

Benzema

Di Angel

Cabaye

No way Madrid will sell Benzema either having off loaded Higuain. Cabaye and Di Maria are realistic to a point but Newcastle will milk you now after the derisory ill timed initial bid that i have to say was rather naughty wasn't it.

Baring in mind the Ox is 3-6 months crocked Di Maria is an option but the one you should be going for plays for Roma

Agreed Carmine.

Probably all smokescreen. Dunno why, just have this feeling he's going to nick Looney from under Jose's nose and break his wages mold. I'd be happy with that. Wasted potential for 18 mo at ManU IMO.

Benzema

Di Angel

Cabaye

Apparently Arsene will be over Hackney Marshes on Sunday looking for players laugh.png

• Like 1

oh steveh just a point im sure your aware of willen plays for anzi not shakter and i believe he's right footed but has been used on the left. all irrelevant for ure club now. anyway watching the chavs last nite cant but help go bac to what i said a while back bout Mata being used as a left winger ish he ain't the greatest their and won't b long b4 murry boy offloadsif he.isn't thinking that already .personally i would have preferred spurs to have at least tried to buy him4 30 mill rather than willen, proven goalscorer vb knows him act ect but there we go.

I read this, albeit in the Mail;

Delusions of grandeur, what makes him think the price will go up? IMO the price mentioned is too much!

Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini wants to quit Everton for Manchester United before his price tag gets even higher next year. The 25-year-old is valued at more than £23m by his club.

Agree uptheos but is bale worth 4 times the price of fellaini? whats has happened to FFP since it has been brought in the transfer market has gone bonkers.

FFP is a sham. it will never be properly implemented, the richest clubs are just too powerful.

and yeah, the average starting price of any half-decent player this summer seems to be about 30m. and bale's valuation is just stupid.

• Like 2