Did You Start Smoking To Look Cool?

Did you start smoking to look cool?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I started smoking after a brief stint in the army at 17 years old... It seemed a bit like prison at the time and you were only let outside your dorm to enjoy the open air if you were a smoker.. hence I joined the Royal Signals smokers brigade.

Reminds me of the time I was enjoying the first warm day of spring at a patio bar, and was asked to move indoors since I wasn't smoking. :/ I do smoke, but just wasn't then.

My father, who worked for the WHO for 30 years, gave up because they brought in a non-smoking offices agenda.

He had smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years and gave up from one day to the next.

And became the ex smoker from hell!!! Your clothes stink, your breath stinks, think about what you're doing to your body etc. etc. This coming from a man who had spawned three smoking children... who still smoke.

And then there's wee mum who has been a passive smoker all these years. She is almost as bad.... After reading the Daily Mail and the ups and downs of passive smoking she has taken over the task of dad (god rest his soul) to inform us of the bad things about smoking. We already know!!

Don't drill it in to our brains. We are now adults of a certain age and know the conséquences.

Edited by Patsycat

I started smoking after a brief stint in the army at 17 years old... It seemed a bit like prison at the time and you were only let outside your dorm to enjoy the open air if you were a smoker.. hence I joined the Royal Signals smokers brigade.

Wait a minute, please.

You were in the army..

You were in a dorm

And you thought you were in prison?

Not in a barrack?

And due to this you became a smoker?

Please pass me one of those things you are smoking.

Actually, I quit at 33 because I thought smoking made me look very uncool . That plus 20 years on non-filtered Camel and Pall Mall Red. Pissed away 20 good years looking stupid and being addicted. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

As to why I started, it was a right of passage more than anything else. Keep in mind that cigarettes were the most heavily advertised product on American Television at the time. Also over 50 % of America was smoking.

Edited by rucus7

Yeah. I was do it 3 years ago. When i was just 19. I was start to do smoking just to looking cool or adopt as a fashion. But now I want to quit it but it's like impossible. It is also true that now i have smoked just two to three cigarettes in a day. Have you any idea to quit it???