Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

MZurf

a generalization is usually made by a person, and used specifically when someone dislikes something, or a suggestion a person makes.

although the definition of a generalization certainly seems to fit the author of the remark, i don't think its a real generalization

it seems to me that you are simply boasting that you know lots of ladyboys that work as hookers

as opposed to those who work in hospitals

I'm not boasting about anything, I'm only stating the realistic facts as I see them everyday in my 20 years stay in Thailand.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know a very nice ladyboy who has a very good job at a local hospital

she is highly regarded as an employee and does not operate as a hooker on the side

flippant generalizations like this say more about the bigot who wrote it rather than their intended target

Speaking about generalizations.

I definitely know more ladyboys that ar hookers than who work in a hospital.

So you know a lot of hookers? Nobody is judging here. Pattaya people are very tolerant.

Everyone knows a lot of hookers (even in CM), in Pattaya it must be 10x worse.

not everyone, i for one do not know even x1 hooker in Chang Mai

I wouldn't want to be seen a s saint because that would be far from the truth,but I've been here since 2004 and I don't know one either.

I wouldn't want to be seen a s saint because that would be far from the truth,but I've been here since 2004 and I don't know one either.

So in all those years you've never seen a bar in Chiangmai ?

It's fair to say Pattaya isn't the place for people who are allergic to the sight of hookers. Or the manly sound of Russkie in the evening.

IMHO there are way less hookers than there should be in Pattaya annoyed.gif

Once you take out the overweight, old, plain ugly, ladyboys, crazy psychos, sponsored girls, girls asking a monthly wage for ST, there's not so much left to choose from sad.png

I remember 10 years ago when I first came to Pattaya, with all the rumours I had heard back home I was expecting the place to be like a (Red Light Distric)^10, honestly I found the place tame and was a bit disappointed coffee1.gif

I dream of a Pattaya where you could walk in any bar/gogo or take a walk on beach road and fee like a kid in candy store, so much to choose from you wouldn't know where to start from but I can always dream blink.png

Edited by yoslim

You seem confused, I said I've never known a hooker in CM and you're asking now if I've ever seen a bar here! But OK, indeed I have seen bars here and I have even played pool in some of them on a regular basis, No 1 Bar typically, I must confess to not really paying attention to such things but I don't recall seeing any hookers in there and if there were, I never got to know one.

You seem confused, I said I've never known a hooker in CM and you're asking now if I've ever seen a bar here! But OK, indeed I have seen bars here and I have even played pool in some of them on a regular basis, No 1 Bar typically, I must confess to not really paying attention to such things but I don't recall seeing any hookers in there and if there were, I never got to know one.

For your information

know·ing

adj.

1. Possessing knowledge, information, or

understanding. See Synonyms at intelligent.

2. Showing clever awareness and resourcefulness;

shrewd.

Now if you claim that you have never seen a hooker anywhere in Chiangmai, then you are in dear need of new glasses or you should stop hairsplitting

hair·split·ting

(hârprime.gifsplibreve.giftlprime.gifibreve.gifng)

n.

The making of unreasonably fine distinctions.

Edited by jbrain

Once you take out the overweight, old, plain ugly, ladyboys, crazy psychos, sponsored girls, girls asking a monthly wage for ST, there's not so much left to choose from sad.png

What! how dare you put uglys and crazys in same line with ladyboys!? Ladyboys are usually much more attractive than other girls. Have you ever seen a fat ladyboy on beach rd? Didnt think so. But I agree the selection is lacking.

And why are there no guys hustling on Beach rd? Only place to check out guys is gay gogo bars, and nobody really likes gogo bars.

Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

where else would pattaya haters post?

Which begs the question, wouldn't it be great if we had a dumping ground for the Pattaya bashing party?

Like a separate sub-forum: Pattaya Bashing

Then we'd only have 50% of the fun bashing back ;)

Nothing wrong with disliking Pattaya or even hating it if that's an informed opinion. That said, Pattaya is not only about hookers. We've got ladyboys too!w00t.gif

Ladyboys aren't hookers?

Since when?

she is highly regarded as an employee and does not operate as a hooker on the side

flippant generalizations like this say more about the bigot who wrote it rather than their intended target

I know a very nice lady who has a very good job at my local hospital, she's a doctor.

She does not operate as a hooker on the side either, what a coincidence!

For your information

know·ing

adj.

1. Possessing knowledge, information, or

understanding. See Synonyms at intelligent.

2. Showing clever awareness and resourcefulness;

shrewd.

Now if you claim that you have never seen a hooker enywhere in Chiangmai, then you are in dear need of new glasses or you should stop hairsplitting

hair·split·ting

(hârprime.gifsplibreve.giftlprime.gifibreve.gifng)

n.

The making of unreasonably fine distinctions.

There's no hair splitting taking place here whatsoever, I wrote that I, like poster "blackman", didn't know any hookers in CM and indeed I don't - I don't have a favorite bar that I can walk into where I can go and chat with (or more) someone who I know is a hooker and that's what I think of when you use the words, "know a hooker". Indeed I do know there are bars here and doubtless at least one of them employs a hooker, do I know any, nope.

Nothing wrong with disliking Pattaya or even hating it if that's an informed opinion. That said, Pattaya is not only about hookers. We've got ladyboys too!w00t.gif

Ladyboys aren't hookers?

Since when?

I know a very nice lady who has a very good job at my local hospital, she's a doctor.

She does not operate as a hooker on the side either, what a coincidence!

i think in your eagerness to jump in you misread the post

it was a reference to ladyboys who work in hospitals

You actually may know hookers, but just not know it. :)

a generalization is usually made by a person, and used specifically when someone dislikes something, or a suggestion a person makes.

although the definition of a generalization certainly seems to fit the author of the remark, i don't think its a real generalization

it seems to me that you are simply boasting that you know lots of ladyboys that work as hookers

I'm not boasting about anything, I'm only stating the realistic facts as I see them everyday in my 20 years stay in Thailand.

why do posters who are struggling to keep up always play the ''my xxx years in pattaya'' card

like longevity makes them above the rest of us

whereas it likely makes you more jaded than the rest of us

Maybe you should get out a bit more.

this 5 square kilometers is enough Thailand for me

who wants to hug trees in Chang Mai?

i would rather be near the sea

No1 bar in CM operates a bar fine, if you been there, you talked to hookers.

Unless you order your drinks using sign language, or only ever ordered from the 'cashier'.

Oh, for the one TV member whose wife/gf works in No1 bar, yes, you are right, she isn't a hooker, I didn't mean her.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Speaking about generalizations.

I definitely know more ladyboys that ar hookers than who work in a hospital.

So you know a lot of hookers? Nobody is judging here. Pattaya people are very tolerant.

Everyone knows a lot of hookers (even in CM), in Pattaya it must be 10x worse.

Well, AOA is certainly judging.

Hookers = bad, more hookers = worse.

I guess it depends on each person's personal opinion about prostitution.

I don't see it as a problem. I like Pattaya.

I can't see where I said hookers were bad, help me out here?

I don't dislike Pattaya because of all the hookers, I dislike Pattaya because of the many low-life foreigners.

And nobody can say there aren't plenty of them around.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

In your post I quoted, you say that there are a lot of hookers in CM, and in Pattaya it must be 10x worse.

This implies hookers are bad.

Neutral version: the must be ten times more in Pattaya

Positive version: it must be ten times better in Pattaya

I don't dislike Pattaya because of all the hookers, I dislike Pattaya because of the many low-life foreigners.

I agree that there are plenty of bith groups around, but the first group doesn't bother me (sex on tap is great) and the second group I just ignore (sometimes I make pictures of the worst specimen, LOL). Edited by manarak

why do posters who are struggling to keep up always play the ''my xxx years in pattaya'' card

like longevity makes them above the rest of us

whereas it likely makes you more jaded than the rest of us

Why should one be jaded if they have lived in Thailand a long time,please explain???

I agree that there are plenty of bith groups around, but the first group doesn't bother me (sex on tap is great) and the second group I just ignore (sometimes I make pictures of the worst specimen, LOL).

Please start a thread and post said photos, it could be a lot of fun for us all.

No argument, but what the <deleted> is it to you anyway ? I dont like Sydney's Kings Cross or Brisbane's Fortitude Valley for much the same reasons, but I have a simple solution : I dont go there and I dont spend my time thinking about those places, much less posting about them on internet forums. Central Pattaya is what it is, and the people who have learnt to live there without letting it grind them down deserve better than having the same crap repeated ad nauseam simply because someone has an opinion on Pattaya. I'm also amused by how quickly these threads seem to become a slanging match between the 'puritans' who have chosen CM and everyone else - must be tough breathing all that rarified mountain air and exulting in your moral superiority.

Don't tell him about the Beach Club in KL though. :)

I agree that there are plenty of bith groups around, but the first group doesn't bother me (sex on tap is great) and the second group I just ignore (sometimes I make pictures of the worst specimen, LOL).

Please start a thread and post said photos, it could be a lot of fun for us all.

a forbidden pleasure, I'm afraid...

I write mildly negative posts about Pattaya quite frequently. I do that because this thread is about Pattaya and because I am mildly negative on Pattaya.

But what I would like to know is why so many forum readers/posters then see mild negativity as "hate"? It seems pretty dumb to see mild negativity as the same as hate. Could it be that this forum just has quite a lot of pretty dumb people posting pretty dumb comments? Could it be that Pattaya just attracts many pretty dumb types?

Oh and before some idiot assumes I've never been to Pattaya, or I can't afford to live in Pattaya blah blah blah...I've been to Pattaya many times and I have million of dollars in my bank various bank accounts...blah blah blah

I doubt most people would equate mildly negative comments by people who actually know the place with HATING/BASHING.

Also, nobody cares about your millions of dollars. Oy! TMI for days ...

I've got billions of dollars whistling.gif and it didn't cost me a baht to say so.

What's next? Are men going to start bragging about their "member" size in threads about best pizza?

Edited by Jingthing