Walen School - Teacher Training + One Year Thai Work Permit, 49,960 Baht

Walen International School is one of the fastest growing schools in Thailand. Due to the rapid expansion we are offering teacher training in the use of our unique teaching system for 49,960 baht, and in addition to that we will also provide a one year work permit. If you are interested send me a PM or call me on 0818201238.

Walen School - we are growing!

• Like 2

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would appear anyone accepting this offer would be employed by Walen to teach and receive training at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems rather odd that anyone would pay such a high fee to be a student teacher.

I don't think that is a particularly well explained offer.

Walen are growing rapidly so they need more teachers, and if you pay them 49,960 baht they will train you to use their teaching system and give you a one year work permit (and I presume because not stated) a job and a salary?

I am sure they don't mean that they recruit teachers based solely on their ability to pay 49,960 baht, but that is how it comes over to me. Anybody else?

Yea, it sounds like you pay Walen 49,960 baht to learn how to teach the Walen way, and in that process they could arrange a one year work permit. But I'm sure there is fine print like maybe the work permit only applies if you decide to work for them at salary XYZ or maybe open your own language school linked to Walen like a franchise operation. A somewhat unclear opening post to me, but hey, like the post said, PM or call them for more info.

How come it took me 3 years of study to become a qualified teacher when Walen can do it in weeks? Opp's I forgot at the end of my course I got a degree that is acceptable in any part of the world not, some expensive piece of paper that doesn't prove anything!

• Like 2

At the end of your comprehensive 50 k baht course, what documentation do you provide that is accepted by the TCT for issuance of a teachers certificate.? Is a degree required before enrollment? If not. how does the applicant get around this requirement in order to get a teaching job? Is the course approved by the MOE to enable you to get the "1 year visa"?

• Like 1

At the end of your comprehensive 50 k baht course, what documentation do you provide that is accepted by the TCT for issuance of a teachers certificate.? Is a degree required before enrollment? If not. how does the applicant get around this requirement in order to get a teaching job? Is the course approved by the MOE to enable you to get the "1 year visa"?

A school can recommend you to the TCT without a degree (provided they really are going to employ you) however, you will then get a 2 year exemption document which allows you to take 4 exams over those 2 years before the TCT will issue you with the licence. The usually reason for asking for an exemption document is that the rural school can't afford to employ a qualified teacher.The document also allows to to get (subject the the other documents being available) both work permit and visa

If you go to their website the website link says: Thai INTERNATION school...good image bro good image

snippet from their website:

The Walen Method of teaching Thai is based on a natural learning process. The teacher will teach you many new words and how they are used in everyday language.

So does another learning method.

//Edit: deleted libellous comment. -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro
added edit note

Yuo gotta love it.

So in a nutshell you are looking for employees but the employee must give you 50,000 thb so you can train them and then you'll employ them????

Very odd indeed. Have you many takers for that one??

A school can recommend you to the TCT without a degree (provided they really are going to employ you) however, you will then get a 2 year exemption document which allows you to take 4 exams over those 2 years before the TCT will issue you with the licence. The usually reason for asking for an exemption document is that the rural school can't afford to employ a qualified teacher.The document also allows to to get (subject the the other documents being available) both work permit and visa

Do you work for Whalen? I understand the whole exemption process as I've gonee through it. What I asked was those the school circumvent this process so that a teachers license is part of the deal or does the applicant have to do all of the "crap" after he finally gets a job? Has the MOE now approved a 1 year teachers training course that allows an applicabnt to get a 1 year ED visa? Questions for MR. crossed arms!

But your "unique teaching system" is just reading out of book. You're planning to charge people 49,960 for that? Who would be stupid enough to pay that when it would be cheaper to do the internationally recognised Cambridge CELTA which would certainly lead to a job offer and a work permit paid by the employer?

Unless of course the whole thing is just another visa scam.

I can teach you how to teach faster. I am very confident of that. If you have a better offer take it but CELTA is not even coming close to our teaching speed. You can make a bet if you have money to lose.

It would appear anyone accepting this offer would be employed by Walen to teach and receive training at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems rather odd that anyone would pay such a high fee to be a student teacher.

So yes, I need to correct you here. There is lots of interest. I am businessman and I know what I am doing and what I am offering. Lots of people need teacher training and a work permit. I can provide both.

Yea, it sounds like you pay Walen 49,960 baht to learn how to teach the Walen way, and in that process they could arrange a one year work permit. But I'm sure there is fine print like maybe the work permit only applies if you decide to work for them at salary XYZ or maybe open your own language school linked to Walen like a franchise operation. A somewhat unclear opening post to me, but hey, like the post said, PM or call them for more info.

No small print at all, if you get trained you will get a work permit. As a businessman providing a reliable service I have a very good opinion all over Thailand where I have my schools. It is not any scam. For those needing a work permit and wanting to learn how to teach it is an excellent deal!

How come it took me 3 years of study to become a qualified teacher when Walen can do it in weeks? Opp's I forgot at the end of my course I got a degree that is acceptable in any part of the world not, some expensive piece of paper that doesn't prove anything!

Yes Brian, I can absolutely do it, and my teachers will be teaching faster than you, no doubt about it. I made millions doing it, I really know what I am talking about. Your 3 year teaching degree does not impress me much. What I care about is the ability to teach. You might not even get a job at my school if you could not demonstrate your ability to teach. We do not give people jobs just because they show us their degrees. Is that clear enough?

• Like 1

We provide all the documentation that the authorities require. I have been doing this for the last 12 years so I am not a new kid on the block who opened his school yesterday. Be assured of good service.

• Like 1

Yes Brian, I can absolutely do it, and my teachers will be teaching faster than you, no doubt about it. I made millions doing it, I really know what I am talking about. Your 3 year teaching degree does not impress me much. What I care about is the ability to teach. You might not even get a job at my school if you could not demonstrate your ability to teach. We do not give people jobs just because they show us their degrees. Is that clear enough?

Having attended your school, i did not meet any teachers with any kind of degrees, but i may have not been looking hard enough.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but is not teaching a calling? according to you its nothing but a business.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Yuo gotta love it.

So in a nutshell you are looking for employees but the employee must give you 50,000 thb so you can train them and then you'll employ them????

Yes, lots of people interested.

• Like 1

Having attended your school, i did not meet any teachers with any kind of degrees, but i may have not been looking hard enough.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but is not teaching a calling? according to you its nothing but a business.whistling.gif

I'm not looking for priests for a new church, then a real calling from above would be required. In the case of teachers not really. I am a very good trainer and work permit comes with it.

Yuo gotta love it.

Yes, lots of people interested.

You obviously have connections, yes/no. coffee1.gif

So a few questions to clarify then?

You will supply the work permit - are the fees included in the 50,000 thb or are they on top of that?

What about the visa?

What is the salary then for your teachers that you take on?

Yes Brian, I  can absolutely do it, and my teachers will be teaching faster than you, no doubt about it. I made millions doing it, I really know what I am talking about. Your 3 year teaching degree does not impress me much. What I care about is the ability to teach. You might not even get a job at my school if you could not demonstrate your ability to teach. We do not give people jobs just because they show us their degrees. Is that clear enough?

Mr MacWalen.

You may not be impressed by Brian's teaching degree BUT as you know it is a necessity here in Thailand if you are teaching and the authorities love them.

You can only work on waivers for maybe 6 years Max and that's presuming you have a degree and are taking the tests (3 two year waivers) so after that. What then?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

Mr. W is an astute businessman. While many of his students are enrolled at his school solely to learn the Thai language, a component are certainly there to qualify for the ED visa and would not be there otherwise. It is a decision of the Thai Education Ministry to only require 4 hours per week of classroom study at a registered school to qualify for the Visa; a Thai student in the USA would be required to attend 18 hours per week for a similar visa.

Walen are growing rapidly so they need more teachers, and if you pay them 49,960 baht they will train you to use their teaching system and give you a one year work permit (and I presume because not stated) a job and a salary?

I am sure they don't mean that they recruit teachers based solely on their ability to pay 49,960 baht, but that is how it comes over to me. Anybody else?

Sounds like a advertisement masquerading as a posting in the visa section.

On the other hand, if anyone is considering enrolling in this particular school, this should tell you something about the qualifications of instructors.

If you have a pulse and Baht 50,000 ...

Maybe the Fly-by-Night English Language Academy and Tattoo Parlor can come up with a similar deal and post about it here.

Edited by Suradit69

Sounds like a advertisement masquerading as a posting in the visa section.

On the other hand, if anyone is considering enrolling in this particular school, this should tell you something about the qualifications of instructors.

If you have a pulse and Baht 50,000 ...

Maybe the Fly-by-Night English Language Academy and Tattoo Parlor can come up with a similar deal and post about it here.

Thank you for contributing. You obviously do not know me. We provide reliable service. Getting similar comments is normal for us. Have been getting them for years. When I was promoting learning Thai and getting an ED visa assistance every second comment was like this. Now there are thousand of people benefiting from my effort.

This must be exactly how they recruit. The Thai education system is in shambles. My 18 year old daughter shows me what she has for homework and my friends show me what their children have for homework. Shocking! And I have also heard from friends of teachers selling grades. I don't know for sure about that one. But it would teach all the children about corruption.