German Auto Theft Suspect From Koh Samui Caught By Police In Pattaya

webfact

German Auto Theft Suspect from Koh Samui caught by Police in Pattaya

german-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Region 2 Police arrested a 39 year old German earlier this week, wanted on an arrest warrant relating to a case of a luxury vehicle which was not returned to a rental company on Samui Island in the South of Thailand.

The case dates back to the 19th February 2012. Police were aware the suspect was residing at an apartment complex on Pattaya Third Road and was still in possession of the rental car, a White Toyota Camry. He was found drinking at a restaurant close to the apartments and was taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Police checks revealed the suspect, Mr. Olaf Herbet, is currently on bail pending an appeal relating to a sentence of 1 year and 6 months given to him by the Samui Island Courts for firearms and class 5 drug offences.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/88300/german-auto-theft-suspect-koh-samui-caught-police-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-24

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world?" hmmm drugs and firearms conviction, then steals a car..AND stays in country? I understand he is someone who should be in prison and is arrogant and/or stupid, not the sort of person I would invite to dinner. Compassion: hope he may learn something other than advanced crime techniques while in prison. Love: I love the Thai police that they caught the cretin. The other stuff: go to some religious page. Should applaud TV contributors: most still somehow posess a sense of outrage and (dare I say?) hope that a bit of sense will prevail in the end.

• Like 1

"Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world?" hmmm drugs and firearms conviction, then steals a car..AND stays in country? I understand he is someone who should be in prison and is arrogant and/or stupid, not the sort of person I would invite to dinner. Compassion: hope he may learn something other than advanced crime techniques while in prison. Love: I love the Thai police that they caught the cretin. The other stuff: go to some religious page. Should applaud TV contributors: most still somehow posess a sense of outrage and (dare I say?) hope that a bit of sense will prevail in the end.

Thanks for proving my points Emdog, No worries I will go to whatever page I like, I couldn't think of a phrase to express the judging aspects of folks like yorself so I used a biblical quote. I apoloigize if that was the one item stated that offended you. Even so dinner is at six. I wonder do you and others have outrage for all the children starving in this world? Women being brutilized? People with no hope in their lives? Outrage for a guy that makes stupid choices? I guess I will never understand.

• Like 1

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may. The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling. We all sit in front of our computers and have the freedom to say (write things) that most of us would never say in person because we would probably find ourselves in an altercation. (whether we are right or wrong). Most of us have a history right? (good or bad) and none of us are perfect people. So what gives TV members? Judge not least ye be judged! I just wanted to express my thoughts after reading some of the post regarding this story and the story of the Aussies and all the stories really that involve other HUMAN BEINGS. Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world? Cause we all know that if ever a day we find ourselves being judged for our actions that at some point we all will be looking for all three:wai2: .

Of course I would never say to this guy face to face what I would write here. That's what forums are for! I don't want to get beaten up by this scum bag. He needs to spend a few years in a Thai jail - but I bet he won't.

Do you know him?

By the way, I do not "have a history". I have not committed any crime (other than motoring offences) in my life. You imply that you have. Perhaps you could enlighten us.

And I am perfect.

tongue.png

No I don't know him nor do I know you,. Denial can be an ugly thing. Yes you are perfect in your own perfect world. Why so defensive JetsetBKK? I wasn't targeting you personally. I was just saying.

• Like 1

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may. The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling. We all sit in front of our computers and have the freedom to say (write things) that most of us would never say in person because we would probably find ourselves in an altercation. (whether we are right or wrong). Most of us have a history right? (good or bad) and none of us are perfect people. So what gives TV members? Judge not least ye be judged! I just wanted to express my thoughts after reading some of the post regarding this story and the story of the Aussies and all the stories really that involve other HUMAN BEINGS. Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world? Cause we all know that if ever a day we find ourselves being judged for our actions that at some point we all will be looking for all three:wai2: .

Of course I would never say to this guy face to face what I would write here. That's what forums are for! I don't want to get beaten up by this scum bag. He needs to spend a few years in a Thai jail - but I bet he won't.

Do you know him?

By the way, I do not "have a history". I have not committed any crime (other than motoring offences) in my life. You imply that you have. Perhaps you could enlighten us.

And I am perfect.

tongue.png

No I don't know him nor do I know you,. Denial can be an ugly thing. Yes you are perfect in your own perfect world. Why so defensive JetsetBKK? I wasn't targeting you personally. I was just saying.
"Denial can be an ugly thing" - please explain. Or do you just pick these phrases out of thin air?

Defensive? Please explain where I was being defensive. What I wrote is the truth.

I repeat - I have never committed a crime. How about your "history"?

Edited by JetsetBkk

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may. The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling. We all sit in front of our computers and have the freedom to say (write things) that most of us would never say in person because we would probably find ourselves in an altercation. (whether we are right or wrong). Most of us have a history right? (good or bad) and none of us are perfect people. So what gives TV members? Judge not least ye be judged! I just wanted to express my thoughts after reading some of the post regarding this story and the story of the Aussies and all the stories really that involve other HUMAN BEINGS. Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world? Cause we all know that if ever a day we find ourselves being judged for our actions that at some point we all will be looking for all threewai2.gif .

I have love, compassion and understanding for all human beings. That is until they do something that shows that they do not deserve it.

This person has committed a number of offences that show that he does not have any feelings for keeping the laws that protect human beings.

He has stolen from a human being.

This man is not someone that I would want my daughter to marry - he does not deserve my love, compassion and understanding - other than I believe that he should have a fair trial and then go to jail.

I guess that he won't get bail for this one! whistling.gif

hit-the-fan.gif

• Like 2

Do you know him?

And I am perfect.

tongue.png

"Denial can be an ugly thing" - please explain. Or do you just pick these phrases out of thin air?

Defensive? Please explain where I was being defensive. What I wrote is the truth.

I repeat - I have never committed a crime. How about your "history"?

Thanks JetsetBKK! So what you are saying is that since the time you came into this world you have never broke the law (other than driving offences) which means that you have broken the law right? Maybe that's where i picked up on your denial. You have never stolen anything when you were a kid/teenager? You have never smidged on your tax filing? Ok? I'll take your word for it! As for me I plead the fifth admendment! Your post came across to me as a little defensive on your stainless perfect life. (again maybe that is where I picked up on denial)

I guess my point is we all get caught up on these people that make a mess out of their lives and at times their laspe of reason effects others. I find myself these days focusing on the real issues of humanity, like for instance the millions of children without food and education and no hope of having a any kind of life as we know. That rarely makes the news. I wish you well JetsetBKK and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with this less than perfect MILT

• Like 2

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may. The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling. We all sit in front of our computers and have the freedom to say (write things) that most of us would never say in person because we would probably find ourselves in an altercation. (whether we are right or wrong). Most of us have a history right? (good or bad) and none of us are perfect people. So what gives TV members? Judge not least ye be judged! I just wanted to express my thoughts after reading some of the post regarding this story and the story of the Aussies and all the stories really that involve other HUMAN BEINGS. Where is the love, compassion, and understanding in this world? Cause we all know that if ever a day we find ourselves being judged for our actions that at some point we all will be looking for all threewai2.gif .

I have love, compassion and understanding for all human beings. That is until they do something that shows that they do not deserve it.

This person has committed a number of offences that show that he does not have any feelings for keeping the laws that protect human beings.

He has stolen from a human being.

This man is not someone that I would want my daughter to marry - he does not deserve my love, compassion and understanding - other than I believe that he should have a fair trial and then go to jail.

I guess that he won't get bail for this one! whistling.gif

hit-the-fan.gif

I believe he stoled the car from a rental angency! Lets keep the facts straight. I respect your thoughts on deserving your Love, compassion, and understanding. shall I call you Lord Tropicalevo? I would not want my daughter to marry this guy either if i had a daughter.

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may.

Then

The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling.

You contradict tyourself.

• Like 2

I understand that we all have the right to express ourselves on this forum (as long as we adhere to TV policies) so if I may.

Then

>The negative judgements express on this forum at other peoples misfortunes, idiotic behavior, or criminal is mind boggling.

You contradict tyourself.

Being mind boggeld is hardly being contradictive Harley. No harm no foul! I was trying to conveye all of our Holier than thou attitudes and frankly I enjoy reading peoples thoughts. Including yours. Nice Bike by the way!