Thais Failing To Sit In Assigned Seats At The Cinema -- Sign Of Societal Meltdown?

Like sitting in the correct plane seat so if the unfortunate happens and the plane goes down yoi can be identified by your teeth!!

Same as sitting in someone elses seat at the pictures??

Posted Image

That's why I always wear my dentures in the cinema.  And I hope you do, too.

Wouldn't leave the house without my fixadent.

:D

I don't like to go to the movies, stupid commerciams, standing up for a few minutes.., noisy people eating overpriced pop corns and slurping drinks, freezing AC etc.. Thanks for the internet and the comfort of watching the movie in my bed:)

But whenI go to the superman premiere on june 13 I'll make sure nobody sits in my seat :P

Like sitting in the correct plane seat so if the unfortunate happens and the plane goes down yoi can be identified by your teeth!!

Same as sitting in someone elses seat at the pictures??

laugh.png

I like cinemas where you can go down - especially without dentures

It's so damn cold in these cinemas, perhaps the Thais all like to huddle together to keep warm.

With seriousness though, the Thais being so short, they wouldn't want their allotted seat to be directly behind a tall farang. Hence, they find a seat behind a short person and hope that nobody disturbs them.

Could be Pattaya is setting the trend for societal meltdown ... coffee1.gif

I have to agree, JT, that this portends societal meltdown of epic proportions. What kind of society are we if we can't even sit in our assigned theater seats?? But seriously, I go to movies frequently and have never had anyone in our seats. But then, I'm not in Pattaya. This supports my theory that the Thais in Pattaya are not real Thais at all. Just a bunch of foreign mercenaries sent down to siphon money from farangs (and steal their seats) at every opportunity.

I probably go to a couple hundred movies a year, so well over 1,200 since I've lived here - in Bangkok, and I think I've seen maybe three seat conflicts in that time. These seemed due to darkness, or maybe misreading the row/seat number, rather than a "societal meltdown" (no hyperbole there). rolleyes.gif

One every couple of days, I'm impressed that you can find the variety.

Edited by uptheos

• 4 weeks later...

Ironically, the very next time I went to the movies after this thread, it happened AGAIN, and this time, for the first time, the interlopers did NOT wish to move.

It was a couple, not so young Thai lady and Eastern European but not Russian man.

When I pointed out the issue, they waved me away, saying there are plenty of seats.

I said, well, that's my seat you're sitting in (the lady) and I want to sit in my seat.

The white guy also gave me some serious thug attitude trying to intimidate me.

Oddly, their attitude, especially the white guys was worse than their little disregard for the ticketing system.

I did get the feeling the white guy wanted to punch me. No, that wouldn't have been worth it.

Hopefully, better luck next time.

I was at the cinema 2 days ago, and it was not thai, but these 2 foreigners sat in front of me, and i clearly heard tbem say, "i dont know if anyone bought these seats, we will sit here until someone come to sit down" lucky for them, no one moved them from their seats, but from what they said, it was not their assign seat, yes this was in bangkok, a theater near victory monument

So its not just thais, its foreigners too, suffice it to say, they fell asleep in the theater, we were watching world war z, excellent movie

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Back to the rat's ass meme -- is the rat's ass really YOURS to give? It's not your ass. It's the rat's ass. Same difference ... movie seats that AREN'T yours ...

Hmm, interesting. If you say; "Your ass is mine", then surely this implies ownership of said ass, and yours to do with as you please - including donating it!? I hasten to add that this holds true even if the ass in question belongs to a rat.

Not sure what this has to do with movie seats, though.....Garçon, another round please!

I've only seen it once. The guy and his girl kept getting pushed out by the person who was assigned, and then finally the theater staff came and kicked them out. They probably never had a ticket and were jumping movies.

Call me a Cinema snob but it's one of the things I do treat my self to. I don't go more than once or twice a month but I always like to go to the First Class one. Central Latprao is my favorite. Free drinks and Popcorn with a little pre show Buffet. I also like the fact you get a sofa or a lazy boy style chair. So when with a date its nice to chill on the sofa. And the best thing for you would be they take you to your seat and wait till you sit down. No one would dare be in your seat then good sir!