Bailed British Expat Caught Attacking A 13 Year Old Boy Near Pattaya

webfact

Looks like Michael Caine.  Seriously though the headline seems all wrong as it reads that the man who reported the incident spent the night in jail.  " A businessman spent the night in jail having been reported by ... " ?

and one is led to wonder if the picture is the perp or the respectable biz man...
Only if you haven't read the thread! The pictures were posted of each man.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody actually stay in a Pattaya jail ?? I read these endless stories of people arrested for serious crimes, and then just pop out on bail only to commit the same crime again... Well I guess it makes sense if the goal of the police is to raise money from bail money....

Regarding the photo in the story, if TV wants to re-post poorly written articles from the local media, the LEAST they could do is clarify who the photo is of. If I was Mr. Booty, I would be beyond pissed off.

Whilst it may be OK to give bail once, when there's another apparent assault then the courts are failing him and any potential new victims by letting him out again. This man obviously has urges that he can't control so since he's (I assume) broken his bail conditions then that's justification for thinking there's a danger he will do it again.

This weekend, reports have come directly to 103 Fm that, according to other local children, he offered to give them either phone credit or a phone, in order that he could arrange to meet them without their parents knowing.

Don't wanna know what else he'd offered them.-w00t.gif

I agree with all of those who wish to deny this creature Tracey bail.

In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now. Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned.

It is also a tool for putting pressure on you -so be careful what you say.

For defamation of an "ordinary" person you could pay a bail of about 50,000 baht.

Remember, too, that bail can be a "business" and massively lucrative for the bail bondsmen. Remember too (before I wander into the realms of 'defamation' that some jails are also 'businesses.'

Bail is awarded to those who are not going to be a menace to society or who are not a flight risk.

I share your horror of this 'man' Tracey. this child rapist. Paedophilia is alive and well in the world. Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children.

Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.

One day, perhaps because of a traffic accident, YOU may need bail. The alternative is remaining in remand prison until your case is finished.

If you are innocent - you cannot pursue evidence for your defence. If you cannot afford bail - you could spend years and years in a Thai prison and then be released as a free man.

For those of you who live in Thailand, make a point of visiting a jail or prison. On its own it is a huge warning to behave well.

Make certain you have a criminal defence lawyer and make certain they will come to visit you in jail (not prison).

If, possibly through no fault of your own, you find yourself in the horror of being put in jail - you NEED that number urgently.

Certainly an interesting post and I can see the points you make seem sensible. I would however question your view of gay adoption. There's no reason to suggest that gay men are any less able to control their urges than heterosexuals or that they are more likely to be paedophiles and your suggestion could in itself be termed defamatory . If you take you other point about most paedophiles being gay then gay adoption of girls should be safe.

Paedophilia and sex crimes in general are more complicated than is often portrayed. Much of the reporting in the media seems to suggest these are evil monsters which should make them easy to spot. Unfortunately many are perfectly normal apart from what are, to them at least uncontrollable urges when near children.

Before someone says castration will solve it that isn't necessarily the case. Firstly people aren't like dogs and many other animals. Humans and other higher primates react differently. Secondly sex isn't always the driving factor and often the power of control over the victim is the primary goal.

It's certainly a problem but it needs a lot of varied approaches to deal with it as the cases vary greatly from fondling to rape and murder. This particular person would seem on the evidence here at least to have problems he can't control so he should be kept in custody for everyone's safety.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1

Does anybody actually stay in a Pattaya jail ?? I read these endless stories of people arrested for serious crimes, and then just pop out on bail only to commit the same crime again... Well I guess it makes sense if the goal of the police is to raise money from bail money....Regarding the photo in the story, if TV wants to re-post poorly written articles from the local media, the LEAST they could do is clarify who the photo is of. If I was Mr. Booty, I would be beyond pissed off.

Fortunately I have no first hand knowledge of police procedures in Thailand, unlike some posters here who seem to be surprisingly well versed, but do the police set and collect bail or is that the prerogative and responsibility of the courts?
This came up in another thread. The Thai police do set bail, and simply pocket it when you do not show up for your " day of justice". Then case closed..........Hence the ease and speed of bail being granted in serious felony cases. This monster sounds like he spent brief time at the police station, paid some money to the police, and then was out free to hunt more little boys. There certainly was no court hearing.......

Am pretty sure in the rest of the real world, a court sets bail.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Cut off his knackers, this is the only way to stop these wrong un's.

We have to start doing something a lot more drastic as sex offences against children is growing ever more common.

Actually, after giving it some thought, caning would be perfect for this type of crime !!! Edited by EyesWideOpen

A British Businessman spent the night in Sattahip Police station, after reporting another Englishman for assault on a 13 year old schoolboy.

My post #42

Did you read the story? The kid was being beaten and restrained. Do you really thing he was a prostitute and that in some way excuses the creep doing it to him? Your anger seems a little misplaced.

When a 66 year-old man beats on or has sexual relations with a 13 year-old, the old guy is at fault, and race is not a mitigating factor. No exceptions.

Paragraph 1: Yes. I read the story. Yes, this one singular boy was being beaten and hauled into the bush with what appeared to be a belt around his neck. I expressed my view in general. I think I made myself quite clear, in general. Would you mind posing a few thoughts on how that boy got into a remote area with this man in the first place, before a belt and beating was applied? Regardless, my anger is not misplaced if you step back from the tree and have a look at the forest.

Paragraph 2: True. I agree with you; yet I did not want to let it lie there and consider the matter resolved. If Thai children were being raised properly, and being protected by the authority figures that this life assigns them, then we would not have occasion to find children willfully being lead into these situations by their indoctrinated views on the issue. Even the animals of many species have more regard for the safety and upbringing of their offspring than this.

Hecate, I see that it conveniences you to overlook many legitimate points in my statement, and instead overreact to isolated events within this one crime. Regrettable, yes, and I whole-heartedly agree with you on those points; but that is not the focus I chose to pursue and I made myself clear on that.

Axact, on the other hand, chooses to mitigate these circumstances, hence making it acceptable... even necessary for a little child or boy/girl to sell his or her little body for sex so his lazy father and mother can have money (to give to the monks so mommy and daddy can gain merit, possibly?). There was not one mention of the devastating ramifications on this boy's life-time conscience over this obscenely ignorant statement that mommy and daddy have to have their money, so it's OK for little Ratana to sell his undeveloped mind and body for the sexual gratification of an adult beast, simply to mitigate the heinous and insane logic that mommy and daddy need money.

The legal definition of culpability are:

A person acts purposely with respect to a material element of an offense when:

If the element involves the nature of his conduct or a result thereof, it is his conscious object to engage in conduct of that nature or to cause such a result; and

If the element involves the attendant circumstances, he is aware of the existence of such circumstances or he believes or hopes that they exist.

A person acts knowingly with respect to a material element of an offense when:

If the element involves the nature of his conduct or the attendant circumstances, he is aware that his conduct is of that nature or that such circumstances exist; and

If the element involves a result of his conduct, he is aware that it is practically certain that his conduct will cause such a result.

A person acts recklessly with respect to a material element of an offense when he consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the material element exists or will result from his conduct. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that, considering the nature and intent of the actor's conduct and the circumstances known to him, its disregard involves a gross deviation from the standard of conduct that a reasonable person would observe in the actor's situation.

A person acts negligently with respect to a material element of an offense when he should be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the material element exists or will result from his conduct. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that the actor's failure to perceive it, considering the nature and intent of his conduct and the circumstances known to him, involves a gross deviation from the standard of care that a reasonable person would observe in the actor's situation.

With that said, it is apparent to me that Thais have absolutely no understanding of the meaning of culpability. Moreover, it seems to be a meaning that is intrinsic to their culture, and is more of a resource to be used towards gain of currency and FACE, than a stigma which induces shame and guilt in one's own conscience.

So, in summary, it does not beggar me to understand that a sexual deviant does what he or she does. I can understand that as plainly as I understand that a crocodile kills every time when the opportunity presents itself. How we deal with that is also apparent and does not require me to explain it as an analogy to this issue or predators, their intended prey, and the herd responsible for each member of that herd.

In fact, what does beggar me is that the people who claim to be rationale and developed human beings, and who are representative of the fertile ground wherein these deviants are invited (yes, invited) never seem to get it into their heads to clean up their ground and make it unsavory for these deviants to even come near. Moreover, they literally participate and condone its unsavoriness with either their direct participation or abject denial of it. That beggars belief.

Letting them go free on bail beggars belief.

Condoning it so mommy and daddy can have money beggars belief.

When all the people are degraded and all the characteristics which make up a decent, humane and intelligent human being have been bred out of the general population, then and only then will we find that a stack of currency cannot protect us from harm or worse, because there will be no one remaining whom we can call upon for even one decent act. The summary of my view expresses the direction that Thailand has chosen to take, and quite frankly, that beggars belief.

Respectwai2.gif

• Like 1

"Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned."

Looks like I'd better stay in then for the rest of my time in Thailand!whistling.gif

A British Businessman spent the night in Sattahip Police station, after reporting another Englishman for assault on a 13 year old schoolboy.

My post #42

The cretins so oft referred to in your post are ? Surely it is the courts who set bail so are they the cretins or is it the BIB ?

So the boys are prostitutes because they wish to bring money into the family ?

Beggars belief ? how long have you been in Thailand

Point 1: I was referring to the Law in general. In my opinion it bears no benefit to anyone not on the payroll.

Point 2: I cannot comment as your mitigating implications towards a boy engaging in sexual acts with an adult is repugnant to my every sense.

Point 3: As this is not an issue isolated solely to Thailand, it bears no consequence to me where I am at geographically, and moreover has no bearing, either way, on my abilities to understand human decency and nurturing the growth of a young child, who has the right to be a healthy, happy, intelligent human being full of well-being, moral and ethical fiber, self-restraint, self-confidence, positive self-esteem, self image and the like.

Clearly, for reasons not known to me, you seem to think that cleaning up Thailand a bit is somehow going to threaten your life-style and earthly desires here.

Looks like Michael Caine. Seriously though the headline seems all wrong as it reads that the man who reported the incident spent the night in jail. " A businessman spent the night in jail having been reported by ... " ?

This is how i read it, i am mystifyed ?

I agree with all of those who wish to deny this creature Tracey bail.

In Thailand, defamation is a criminal offence, at least for now. Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned.

It is also a tool for putting pressure on you -so be careful what you say.

For defamation of an "ordinary" person you could pay a bail of about 50,000 baht.

Remember, too, that bail can be a "business" and massively lucrative for the bail bondsmen. Remember too (before I wander into the realms of 'defamation' that some jails are also 'businesses.'

Bail is awarded to those who are not going to be a menace to society or who are not a flight risk.

I share your horror of this 'man' Tracey. this child rapist. Paedophilia is alive and well in the world. Most of it is committed by homosexual men on male children.

Which is why 'gay adoption rights' is a spine-chilling idea.

One day, perhaps because of a traffic accident, YOU may need bail. The alternative is remaining in remand prison until your case is finished.

If you are innocent - you cannot pursue evidence for your defence. If you cannot afford bail - you could spend years and years in a Thai prison and then be released as a free man.

For those of you who live in Thailand, make a point of visiting a jail or prison. On its own it is a huge warning to behave well.

Make certain you have a criminal defence lawyer and make certain they will come to visit you in jail (not prison).

If, possibly through no fault of your own, you find yourself in the horror of being put in jail - you NEED that number urgently.

Certainly an interesting post and I can see the points you make seem sensible. I would however question your view of gay adoption. There's no reason to suggest that gay men are any less able to control their urges than heterosexuals or that they are more likely to be paedophiles and your suggestion could in itself be termed defamatory . If you take you other point about most paedophiles being gay then gay adoption of girls should be safe.

Paedophilia and sex crimes in general are more complicated than is often portrayed. Much of the reporting in the media seems to suggest these are evil monsters which should make them easy to spot. Unfortunately many are perfectly normal apart from what are, to them at least uncontrollable urges when near children.

Before someone says castration will solve it that isn't necessarily the case. Firstly people aren't like dogs and many other animals. Humans and other higher primates react differently. Secondly sex isn't always the driving factor and often the power of control over the victim is the primary goal.

It's certainly a problem but it needs a lot of varied approaches to deal with it as the cases vary greatly from fondling to rape and murder. This particular person would seem on the evidence here at least to have problems he can't control so he should be kept in custody for everyone's safety.

I agree with you,while nobody in their right mind would condone any sexual assault on minors,I believe from what I've read and heard that a lot of these people are themselves abused as children and that's where the circle of abuse is perpetuated.

To the idiots on here with statements like "I'd like to get him in a room on his own",ultimately who does that help?NOT the abused child nor the abuser,it might make the person making comments like that feel better but how does that resolve anything?Purely selfish motives there I'm afraid!

Prevention is in all cases better than the cure,we know in the Western World that locking people up really doesn't work and a huge percentage of criminals re-offend,many become institutionalised and can no longer cope with life on the outside,while all the time incurring huge charges paid for by the taxpayers of that land!

I agree that the enablers or pimps are responsible also but as you say it is a very complex problem,especially in a developing country where anything seems reasonable to make money to survive.What's the answer,I don't know but it's certainly not a "room" and baseball bats,that much is sure!

• Like 1

My god, he even gives Pedophiles a bad name! Mostly they don't beat boys or drag them around...

IF he is convicted he deserves the harshest of punishment allowed by law... however, let's wait and see, as it's entirely possible (I didn't say likely) that he's innocent.

We can't allow people to tried by media.

How do u know????

Looks like Michael Caine. Seriously though the headline seems all wrong as it reads that the man who reported the incident spent the night in jail. " A businessman spent the night in jail having been reported by ... " ?

he spent the night at the station to see exactly what would happen to Tracey.

Did not much of importance happen to him! blink.png

"The 66 year old from Wickford in Essex fled the scene in a car registered to his neighbor and was later taken into custody at his home.

Sattahip Police are reported to have taken over the case from the local police and he was moved to their main headquarters where he was fingerprinted, photographed and made a statement before …being released again on bail for an undisclosed sum thought to be a considerable amount of money."

He is, possibly already on the lookout for Mr.Booty -who reported him to police- and for new boys! bah.gif

Lets hope his local newspaper in Essex gets hold of this and prints the details.

• Like 2

Cut off his knackers, this is the only way to stop these wrong un's.

We have to start doing something a lot more drastic as sex offences against children is growing ever more common.

I think you need to read up on the subject a bit more.

I've mentioned a few facts in my post #66

Firstly, and i'd hope you agree, sexual misdemeanours against minors is never justifiable or excusable and to say so isn't 'self-righteous rantings'.

Second, it is not only in Thailand but the UK as well, and many other countries, where minors feel shame or wrongful culpability about what's happened to them and stay silent pace the many sex cases coming to light in the UK at the moment. Even in cases where consent has occurred which you touch on, it is still inexcusable because they are minors despite your comment about the "stench of little prostitutes".

Obviously, the key to both is that they are children not adults and do not have the experience or knowledge to easily process such abuse. Paedophiles target developing countries because there are more opportunities due to cultural differences or less rigidly applied rule of law: this in no way should excuse the motivations or acts of paedophiles and lead to a rant about cultural issues.

Given the alleged offences against the alleged perpetrator in such a short space of time, I'd be surprised if similar offences haven't been committed in the UK, which begs the question of what checks if any are Thai immigration officials doing to prevent sex offenders obtaining long stay visas.

What this is telling me is that Lee Booty spent the night in jail becasue he reported Andrew Tracy for what Mr. Booty suspected was a crime; i.e. beating a boy, in a remote bush, and dragging him with what appeared to be a belt around his neck.

Can reporting get any more galactically idiotic?

And regarding foreign pedophiles getting caught in the act; is it only myself, or are there others out there who marvel at how Thai boys in particular rarely, if ever, report to the police themselves until the police apprehend the suspect and an issue is made out of it? That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

This in itself almost has the stench of these little prostitutes seeing their cash cow being snatched away and immediately wanting to cash in on another one of their lesser favorite past times; popularity inspired by that underlying motive of greed.

Whilst I agree with all the self-righteous rantings about what should be done to these damaged individuals who prey on children, I cannot in good conscience leave it lying there.

When the "prey" knowingly and willfully place themselves within the hands of the "predator" again and again, without being able to provide any evidence that they are being confined, secretly hidden away from society and forced to commit atrocities or have atrocities committed on their little bodies, then I begin to wonder if it has been stamped upon their little heathen consciousness that what they are willfully doing is wrong. For them to knowingly, willfully and eagerly market their bodies with the support and nurturing of their families and community, they all do not seem to understand in their heathen ways that when they mature into adults that Thai society, as a whole, will corrode even further by their mere presence and participation in it. Again, that beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

I cannot believe for one instance that the Thai adults in the immediate community are ignorant of the goings on of foreigners who trespass their environment without any legal or legitimate purpose, and who are often seen in their midst demonstrating an obscenely large amount of attention to the children of these Thai adults. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money. I can't find a bush to piss behind without a Thai somewhere gawping at me. There is nothing kept secret in Thailand.

I also cannot believe for one instance that these Thai adults are ignorant of the scum Thai men and women who inhabit their environment and small community with the sole purpose of recruiting little girls and boys for the purpose of sexual gratification for Thais and foreigners alike. Thais know their neighbors better than the police databases throughout the kingdom. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

What I do believe is that many small Thai communities are fully aware of this type of trafficking and their feeble minded cultural tolerates it with Buddhist-type yearnings of hope for a few Thai bahts if nothing more. Or, perhaps their sense of Kreung Jai forbids them from disrupting some poor, ignorant soul's path to Nirvana. Again, Thai Buddhism at work making vulnerable children unsafe and turning them into future disasters for Thai society reaching self-actualization. That beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

Admitting your crime and pleading for mercy after you are caught is about as disingenuous as shouting "victim" after the fact, when in fact there was nothing stopping you from doing it all along. But... WHY did you not say anything until now? yet again beggars belief much more than a single predator getting out on bail because he paid these cretins money.

But that is what it is all about with these people, isn't it? Money! Get as much as you can whilst alive, and even when you die they will purchase spirit money and burn it so you can have it in the next stinking hole you incarnate to.

This is not about pedophiles doing what they do. No! It is all bass-akwards. What it is really about is a culture that breeds the substance which attracts flies, and its willingness to turn the garbage dump into an international attraction that exists like nowhere else. After all, what could Thailand possibly offer that would compete with the rest of the world and create an attractiveness for tourists were the Thais not so tolerant on these issues? I ask you, what?

Herein is a story about the true meaning of human greed, and how it can morally decay a society to the lowest form of existence on the evolutionary scale of mankind's forward development.

I think the report is misleading as it indicates that Lee Booty was arrested, or am I just missing something here?

Also I don't understand why the man would physically attack a boy if all he wanted was sex? and if he was offering cheap mobile phones and the boy grabbed it and tried to run off, so what, just let him go.

And why does he not realize if he took boys only 2 years older (ie 15) he could have consensual sex quite legally?

What a mess of an article posting!!!!

No clue whether it's the suspect or the one who reported him depicted in the photo.

And the subheadline that says the guy who reported the suspect spent the night in jail...when from all indications in the article, it was the suspect who spent the night in jail before being bailed out...again!!! And not the fellow Englishman who reported him.

I agree!! These horrid little pseudo-journalistic attempts are atrocious. It looks like this FM 103 thingy is trying hard to join the ranks of Pattaya one News and Pattaya Daily News. Can you imagine how quickly these awful e-rags would be shut down in the civilized world? The number of lawsuits against them would keep a team of lawyers busy for years.

Right, it only took 168 years, rampant police bribery & corruption, hacked mobile phone of child murder victim, etc to close down this gem.

post-145917-0-91759500-1369640029_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

To clarify: (and to those who mis understood.. (or for our wording which has caused great entertaiment here today).. we apologise)

The photographs are of the man arrested. an amendment has been made to our page to clarify that. Sometimes, at 5 in the morning, things appear clearer than they are.

Kind regards

t

• Like 2

"Say you have an argument in a pub and call someone a stupid idiot. That is defamation - that is a crime for which you can be imprisoned."

Looks like I'd better stay in then for the rest of my time in Thailand!whistling.gif

No, you can still go out. But just stop calling people 'stupid idiots' whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

To clarify: (and to those who mis understood.. (or for our wording which has caused great entertaiment here today).. we apologise)

The photographs are of the man arrested. an amendment has been made to our page to clarify that. Sometimes, at 5 in the morning, things appear clearer than they are.

Kind regards

t

LOL

That's the way to downplay your shoddy work and irresponsibility.

...to those who mis understood (sic)...caused great entertainment...

No, it's not a matter of misunderstanding (Notice that it's one word.) or finding this to be entertaining. It's a matter of indignation for some of us that such awful crap like like this is presented. What is it that moves people to come to Thailand, Pattaya in particular it seems, and decide that they are suddenly journalists, even though they seem barely literate?

• Like 2

I think the report is misleading as it indicates that Lee Booty was arrested, or am I just missing something here?

Also I don't understand why the man would physically attack a boy if all he wanted was sex? and if he was offering cheap mobile phones and the boy grabbed it and tried to run off, so what, just let him go.

And why does he not realize if he took boys only 2 years older (ie 15) he could have consensual sex quite legally?

Ummm your last paragraph is SOOOO wrong.

You cannot have consensual sex at 15.

You can marry a 15 year old girl with the parents permission.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6