Bangkok Airways

mascarakatze

for years I've flown air Asia from Cnx to Bangkok. last week I booked on line a Bangkok airways flight. I'm hooked. I did all on line without having to go back and delete unwanted insurance, fancy seats, overweight baggage etc. I could either print out my boarding pass or download it to my phone which you just wave at checking. the meals were offered at no charge. my knees were 10" from the seat in front of me. the staff is priffesional it arrived ahead of schedule. I'm so grateful that I gave them a chance. really really a good experience. it cost about 3,600 baht return.

• Like 2

Bangkok Airways is so much better then Thai Airways, less pretentions but more friendly staff who understand their job. I dislike the arrogant attitude of Thai Airways staff, they just think they are better. In their dreams.

Yep, and free lounge access in BKK too!

If you join their frequent flyer programme then you can use all their lounges as well as getting an additional 10 kgs checked in luggage. Also I use the points to get free flights, although you do pay for taxes.

If you join their frequent flyer programme then you can use all their lounges as well as getting an additional 10 kgs checked in luggage. Also I use the points to get free flights, although you do pay for taxes.

In all ways far superopr to Air Asia.

All though they do cost a little less and some times they go where Bangkok Air does not go.

Given a choice it is Bangkok air hands down. I traveled with Air Asia once several years ago to Bangkok they were located in Swampy at the time. I was in no condition then to walk all over the airport and asked for a wheel chair when I got my ticket. On arrival they informed me it would be a half hour wait.

For some reason I was fortunate enough that it was only a five minute walk to luggage and then a cart to lean on.

• Like 1

All though they do cost a little less and some times they go where Bangkok Air does not go.

Given a choice it is Bangkok air hands down. I traveled with Air Asia once several years ago to Bangkok they were located in Swampy at the time. I was in no condition then to walk all over the airport and asked for a wheel chair when I got my ticket. On arrival they informed me it would be a half hour wait.

For some reason I was fortunate enough that it was only a five minute walk to luggage and then a cart to lean on.

Do they cost less? Add on the extra's that Air Asia charge and Bangkok Airways do have some decent promotions, 3 of us are going to Swampy in August and it cost 3,300 Baht, albeit I did book it 2 months ago. That includes up to 90 Kg of checked in luggage and I know that when I check in the luggage in Chiang Mai, I won't pick it up until we arrive in the UK.

Yes, Air Asia are flying from CNX to many places that Bangkok Airways don't and that is the only time I use them. Also they fly to Don Muang now, which to me, is a pain.

• Like 1

I too took Bangkok Air from CNX to BKK about a month ago. Ontime, Airplane is new, they served burger, Water, Fruit juice, coffee or tea. Free 20kg luggage.

Very satisfy and much better compare to AA with almost similar price.

Too a photo on the meal they served on the earliest flight.

XQIiPLg.jpg

On the way back, I took Orient Air. 1200baht 1 way. Airplane is packed (maybe cheapest), No meal serve. Just Coke (or Pepsi). Plane is aged. But cant complaint much. You get what you paid. smile.png

I noticed that nice club lounge for BA at Swampy, too. Looked like they had a nice breakfast buffet going. I would pay more, but not a lot more....maybe 300 each way...baggage rates can factor in, also. I ust did a UAL-Air China-Air China-Thai Airways trip. Thai had a practically brand spankin' new A320. As much as I hate to compliment the Europeans; it was by far the nicest jet on my trip. There is a big difference in the way the engines run too. If the Thai segment had been first, I think the 40 year old 747 on AC would have been even scarier. The meal for breakfast was kind of a joke, though. Thai, Asiana, and ANA all very good to me. And Sing and Cathay always get good ratings, too.

Listen to this pilot speak......that is exactly what we are up against in the States. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAjrhqQKPr0

LOL.

No doubt about it, the on board meal is more than enough.....especially after waititng an hour in their courtesy lounge; pigging out on cakes, biscuits,croissants, orange juice, coffee.

i think they could save costs by eliminating the on board meal and let people take advantage in the waiting lounge.

i was researching on budget airline ...airasia was on my list at first... nokair is like crap airline...very few flights...

glad to read about OP post.. i will try out bangkok airline next time when i visit thailand.. ^^

but it seem to be good if you fly domestic ..international flight from bangkok airline doesn't look good..

Edited by eden8

I have flown Bangkok Air several times to Samui, absolutely the best way to get there. No connections, overnight stays or bus trips, board in CM, arrive less than 2 hrs later at their beautiful airport. I'm a satisfied customer.

Been using Bangkok Air almost since they started, so much better than Thai with free lounge, eats,drinks, internet and so on. They treat us much more like Human Beings. Thai Airways think they are the 'High So' airline and give the impression you should fly with them just because of who they are. They don't get my money.

Do they cost less? Add on the extra's that Air Asia charge and Bangkok Airways do have some decent promotions, 3 of us are going to Swampy in August and it cost 3,300 Baht, albeit I did book it 2 months ago. That includes up to 90 Kg of checked in luggage and I know that when I check in the luggage in Chiang Mai, I won't pick it up until we arrive in the UK.

Yes, Air Asia are flying from CNX to many places that Bangkok Airways don't and that is the only time I use them. Also they fly to Don Muang now, which to me, is a pain.

I never consider the deals into a blanket statement If there are no deals I still prefer Bangkok air to Air Asia.

In my opinion Air Asia has no hostesses just sales people. Also Bangkok air has a lounge here in Chiang Mai as well as the one in Bangkok.

Don't recall one in Siem Reap.

I don't mind Air Asia but now that they fly to Don Muang I always fly Bangkok Air so that I can get my connecting flight without any additional hassle. If I was just flying domestic then no problem with AIr Asia but Bangkok Air is superior and generally the prices are similar anyway.

I don't mind Air Asia but now that they fly to Don Muang I always fly Bangkok Air so that I can get my connecting flight without any additional hassle. If I was just flying domestic then no problem with AIr Asia but Bangkok Air is superior and generally the prices are similar anyway.

Some connecting AA international flights do go out of Don Muang, Australia for instance, as I was informed recently by someone who flies regularly with them to Melbourne.Depends where your final destination is I guess. Will have to check it out ,as for Australia the connecting flights are very competiively priced so I have been told.

I can't understand the big deal posters make of a sandwich, coffee, coke etc. It is a ONE hour flight.

The big deal is about the courtesy lounge; not what they stick in your lap on the flight.

after a flight of around 15-20 hours and then the prospect of another 2hr wait for your 1hr connecting flight, its certainly better than pumping your bodies with cholestorol in Chesters Grill and the like. at Swampy

• Like 1

Been using Bangkok Air almost since they started, so much better than Thai with free lounge, eats,drinks, internet and so on. They treat us much more like Human Beings. Thai Airways think they are the 'High So' airline and give the impression you should fly with them just because of who they are. They don't get my money.

Agree about Bangkok Airways, I also use them regularly CM to swampy and return.

A few months back I twisted my ankle quite badly and walking was very painful. I called Bangkok Airways at their CM office and asked if they could provide a wheelchair.

We agreed a timing and we told them the make, colour, registration plate number etc., of our car.

The wheelchair was waiting on the edge of the kerb at the Domestic departures entry area with two Bangkok Airways staff, they quickly spotted our car and one of them quickly maneuvered the traffic so that we could pull in to the kerb. The well focused service continued until I was seated on the aircraft in the front row.

At swampy a staff member with wheelchair was waiting at the aircraft door and two hostesses tried their best to help me stumble to the door. The very polite young wheelchair attendant was so focused to get my bags organized and after we left the baggage claim he came to the front of the wheelchair and read a note which had been prepared for him: "Excuse me Mr. xxxx, would you like to stop for a drink before I take you to your car?"

10/10.

Some connecting AA international flights do go out of Don Muang, Australia for instance, as I was informed recently by someone who flies regularly with them to Melbourne.Depends where your final destination is I guess. Will have to check it out ,as for Australia the connecting flights are very competiively priced so I have been told.

You can get some really good deals from Australia usually if you book early but I've had the odd occasion of a Qantas last minute deal that was cheaper even then when Air Asia or Jetstar have specials. Never seen that again though. It was almost like someone stuffed up for the day.

Generally for Australia I book 4-6 months in advance to get good prices..