In Thai With Single Entry O Visa - Need To Apply For Marriage Visa - Just Some Clarification Please.

I have an o visa and am looking to apply for a marriage visa soon, before the expiry of the single entry o visa.

My understanding, is that I can apply to the local immigration office at khon kaen and I will need to show a sum of not less than for 40,000 thb in my bank account which has been there for a period of 6 months or more.

My main question is, how often will I need to show this sum of money in my account. ...every 12 months or every 90 days.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

You have the only visa issued for marriage - what you want is a one year extension of that visa entry from immigrant and then do that each year. For that you require 400k in bank account 2 months (not six - although at least one office says 3 months incorrectly) and for each yearly extension meet the same in account two months prior to application. You could also use 40k per month pension if that is available (letter from Embassy) or for retirement if over 50 years the requirement is 800k in bank 2 (3 months later) or 65k per month income or a combination of the two to meet 800k per year. I mention retirement as it is less paperwork for you and immigration if you can qualify and does not require to wife to be present.

Thanks for the reply and your detailed information.

If my understanding is correct, I will need to report to immigration every 90 days... is there any requirement to show the money at these times?

thanks again in advance

No, that is simply an address report for those staying in Thailand 90 days or longer.

My understanding is that Immigration are nor keen on marriage visas as it makes more work for them - and you. I had to supply a map showing exactly where I lived, plus all the marriage documents and my wife was interviewed out of my hearing. One month later they visited my home to verify that she and I were living together. I have had a retirement visa ever since.

When I quizzed my wife about the content of her interview she said that she was asked if I was a good and supportive husband. She said that she replied in the affirmative and that I was far superior in every aspect to any Thai men that she had known. A lead balloon job?

Please see attached TM 47 form for your 90 days report. You'll have to have copies of your passport's first page, the visa and the arrival, or departure card.

Here's a link to all sorts of Thai immigration forms, all downloadable and you can fill them out on your computer, save it and just change the date when you'll have to go there the next time.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Good luck-wai2.gif

Dear ADMINS. Please remove my first post, as it didn't work first time to attach the TM form. Thanks.

tm47.doc

Edited by sirchai