Khor Ror 2 Requirement Question

I guess this post got me wondering about it. It does seem odd that they would want that if you have the Khor Ror 3.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640840-marriage-visa-in-thailand/?p=6421276

The KR.3 is an ornamental souvenir for you to hang on the wall. It surprises me that immigration offices ask for it in addition to the KR.2. Police order 777/2551 states that "In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto" and Immigration Bureau Order 305/2551 clarifies that the documentary requirement is "Copy of documents proving relationship, such as a marriage certificate...or other evidence from the government or relevant agency".

A recent KR.2 is an indication that the marriage continues to be de jure, and a written record made by the immigration office of an interview with your wife, who must accompany you for the application for extension of stay, and sometimes also an interview with neighbours or with witnesses you are asked to bring along indicates that your marriage also continues to be de facto. Sometimes, photos are also required for the de facto part of the evidence.

• Like 1

Thanks--that makes it clear to me. I see that the KR2 is the most important Doc.

i to live in korat got married in bkk.23yrs.ago no khor-ror 2,wf.got a copy at the amphur in town last yr. but you can go to any district[amphur] make sure you take,

marriage cert.id card,not sure if she took house register but take it anyway,your passport

Thanks--that makes it clear to me. I see that the KR2 is the most important Doc.

Actually the KR 3 is the most important - it can not be replaced and is accepted as proof of marriage for visas and extensions of stay. It is only as a double check that the KR 2 has recently been asked by immigration. It can be replaced and updated copies obtained so a fresh copy would indicate an ongoing marriage seems to be the reason it was first asked - but recent reports are that some offices now accept any copy so suspect it is falling out of favor. Those who were married more than a decade ago may never have seen this document as they were not provided in earlier years. That KR 3 is all important.

Yes, you can go allone. Take your passport with you and a copy of your marrige certificate or the old khor rhor 2 if you have or a copy of your wife's ID-card. Passport confirms your ID and the other documents might speed things up in finding the records in the computer.

Yes, you can go allone. Take your passport with you and a copy of your marrige certificate or the old khor rhor 2 if you have or a copy of your wife's ID-card. Passport confirms your ID and the other documents might speed things up in finding the records in the computer.

Okay thanks a lot! wai.gif