Who's Up For A Bkk To Poipet Visa Run?

What bike is it?

I took my brother on a visa run 3 times in March - Apr on a CBR 150 from BKK, done it in 2hrs and 30 with a 5 minute refuel, could be done in 2 on a bigger bike or 3 hours with a nice long break.

Take route 304 to Kabin Buri then turn right onto route 33, do not turn right and take route 359 about 20km before the right turn to route 33. Route 359 is hell on earth for motorbikes, especially at night, it's a shitty major pot hole ridden single carriage way used by buses, trucks and pickups. People will be overtaking each other with full beam on each side forcing you into bigger potholes. It's really not pleasant.

Route 33 is about 20-30km longer route in total but it's a epic fun road, 2 wide lanes on each side with a verge in the middle and great scenery, minimal traffic and can pretty much hit full speed for 70% of the time so it's pretty quick.

There is a new fancy hotel right before the bridge on the left, I park the bike out front and chain up the rear wheel. If you are going to be more than a few hours then take the car park oppisit which is 100baht per day.

It's a vfr400. Thanks for the advice.

What bike is it?

I took my brother on a visa run 3 times in March - Apr on a CBR 150 from BKK, done it in 2hrs and 30 with a 5 minute refuel, could be done in 2 on a bigger bike or 3 hours with a nice long break.

Take route 304 to Kabin Buri then turn right onto route 33, do not turn right and take route 359 about 20km before the right turn to route 33. Route 359 is hell on earth for motorbikes, especially at night, it's a shitty major pot hole ridden single carriage way used by buses, trucks and pickups. People will be overtaking each other with full beam on each side forcing you into bigger potholes. It's really not pleasant.

Route 33 is about 20-30km longer route in total but it's a epic fun road, 2 wide lanes on each side with a verge in the middle and great scenery, minimal traffic and can pretty much hit full speed for 70% of the time so it's pretty quick.

There is a new fancy hotel right before the bridge on the left, I park the bike out front and chain up the rear wheel. If you are going to be more than a few hours then take the car park oppisit which is 100baht per day.

Put two days into it.

One day going through all of Khao Yai.

Next morning get up and do your border crossing before checking out Prasat Khao Noi Si Chomphu, 12km south of Aranyaprathet.

Then about 40km north-ish of Aranyaprathet is Prasat Sadok Kok Thom (ปราสาทสด๊กก๊อกธม).

Enjoy the ride through Khao, then get some culture and history. All in an easy 2 day border run. Don't forget the JWB in the Duty Free. :)

Put two days into it.

One day going through all of Khao Yai.

Next morning get up and do your border crossing before checking out Prasat Khao Noi Si Chomphu, 12km south of Aranyaprathet.

Then about 40km north-ish of Aranyaprathet is Prasat Sadok Kok Thom (ปราสาทสด๊กก๊อกธม).

Enjoy the ride through Khao, then get some culture and history. All in an easy 2 day border run. Don't forget the JWB in the Duty Free. smile.png

JWB?

I picked up

527616_553145304705695_871141355_n.jpg

about 600b in total i think thumbsup.gif

Yup, good value.

I usually get a liter of Black Label for around 800b, and a liter of Jim Beam for 380b, and sometimes a Glenfiddich 12 yr old single malt for around 1400b.

The savings must actually pay for the Visa. :)

Edited by Salapoo