Beauty Drama: Thais, Filipinos Get Defensive About Their Beauty Queens

webfact

Beauty Drama: Thais, Filipinos get defensive about their beauty queens
By Coconuts Bangkok

bq.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The cheers of beauty queen fanatics in Thailand and the Philippines have turned to jeers as of late, as a rhetorical war has arisen between the two nationalities.

According to MThai, the drama started when Thai netizens noticed Filipino beauty queen Janine Tugonon’s subtly cynical attitude towards her Thai counterparts.

Among many posts on her Facebook public page, Tugonon – a model who was named Miss Universe Philippines 2012 and who finished second in the Miss Universe 2012 pageant – compared Chalita Yaemwannang, Miss Universe Thailand 2013, to Kevin Balot, a transgender who was named Miss International Queen 2012.

Tugonon also posted a photo of Yaemwannang with no make-up with the message “the one to beat in Miss Universe 2013 – Miss Thailand.” [more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/29/beauty-drama-thais-filipinos-get-defensive-about-their-beauty-queens

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-29

I've never had a Thai ring me every other week trying to sell me financial advise, so I am afraid I am gonna have to support the Thais on this one

Simple, the majority can speak english.

• Like 1

Hmm...Phillipne girls in general, look less feminine than Thai's. Similarly phillipino 'Beauty Queens' pretty much follow the same road.

in the photo above, the 'Thai' could pass for a girl easily. Couldn't say the same for the phillo though.

• Like 1

Filipina beauty queens win hands down for inner and outer beauty. Just an opinion I could be wrong.

I agree - been in Thailand for awhile and had my share of Thai gals. When it came time to marry I married a Filipina. They have a moral code that the Thai's do not grasp & do carry the intangible inner beauty along with the outer beauty.

They are both sexy in a different way and both have their good qualities. I have had plenty of both and the Fila's are definitely more grounded and less money hungry than their Thai counterparts.

That being said - we live in Thailand because it is a better place to live.

Either way - if you get a gal with values from a good family you're a lucky guy and set for life - but the hunt can be treacherous.....

Study the family 1st - not what you WANT to see - make sure everything adds up...don;t seem to be so many "hidden brothers" in the Philippines - not so devious there...maybe easier to see because the culture is more westernized (which is it's own conundrum).

Pay attention.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Filipina beauty queens win hands down for inner and outer beauty. Just an opinion I could be wrong.

I agree - been in Thailand for awhile and had my share of Thai gals. When it came time to marry I married a Filipina. They have a moral code that the Thai's do not grasp & do carry the intangible inner beauty along with the outer beauty.

They are both sexy in a different way and both have their good qualities. I have had plenty of both and the Fila's are definitely more grounded and less money hungry than their Thai counterparts.

That being said - we live in Thailand because it is a better place to live.

Either way - if you get a gal with values from a good family you're a lucky guy and set for life - but the hunt can be treacherous.....

Study the family 1st - not what you WANT to see - make sure everything adds up...don;t seem to be so many "hidden brothers" in the Philippines - not so devious there...maybe easier to see because the culture is more westernized (which is it's own conundrum).

Pay attention.....

My experiences were completely the opposite to yours. I found the Filipinas less attractive and more obsessed with money. All wanted marriage, and their parents, relatives and neighbours looking after. I've seen a few mates took to the cleaners by schemeing pinays and their families. And, they wanted the blokes to convert to catholicism! These were not bar girls or whores either.

I find Thai girls much more feminine and pretty, and on the whole more genuine.

Just goes to show, you do have to be careful and certainly pay attention.

As you say, that's just your opinion and you might be wrong!

How do you know what their inner beauty is like unless you are simply stereotyping?

If you do want to generalze then there's no way the pinays can compare with the physical attractiveness of the Thai ladies. Walk round the malls in Bangkok and Manila. I know where I see the really beautiful, hot and fashionable girls. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Inner and outer beauty, I could not vouch, never dated a beauty queen (thank f@@K !).

Yes Filo girls are hot, oh so very hot, but so are the beautiful girls here in Thailand!

Both SE Asian, the sexiest race on earth ! (for mine).

P.s. don't want to sound racist. Therefore I should of said," the sexiest Asian girls in the world".

Edited by Bikkii

My spidey sense tells me an acid attack is coming to a beauty contest near you.

Personally, I'll take a no make-up, dark skinned, Isaan pig farmer's daughter over one of these plastic, souless, wanabee hi-so tramps anyday.

Couldn't agree more.

One mans meat is another mans poison! Even when its been cut off... good job we are all different.. on another subject 2 of my chickens while locked up in the hen house have had their heads bitten off and eaten.. just the bodies left! Any ideas what did it?

One mans meat is another mans poison! Even when its been cut off... good job we are all different.. on another subject 2 of my chickens while locked up in the hen house have had their heads bitten off and eaten.. just the bodies left! Any ideas what did it?

Ozzy Osborn is currently touring in this part of the world. Just saying.

I've never had a Thai ring me every other week trying to sell me financial advise, so I am afraid I am gonna have to support the Thais on this one

Simple, the majority can speak english.

if their english is so great why are my orders for food always wrong.