Thai Visa Blocks Web Page Save Feature?

infinity11

What are you saving it to? It isn't normal to be able to simply copy and paste a web page into something like a Word doc without losing a lot of data.

When I want to save a web page, I right-click and choose "view source." Then I paste the source code into an HTML editor such as FrontPage or any other, and then save that as an html doc. Then later I view it as a web page in that web page editor or my browser, depending on what my "open with" settings are. You can right-click on the doc and choose what you want to open that type of doc with.

I think you need software that can "translate" all of the source code.

As for sites that use javascript to disable your right-click save, or copy functions, there are workarounds. You can right-click and view source and copy text or the url to a picture, or you can press your prtscn key and copy the whole page to your clipboard. Then you can paste that screen shot into a picture editor like (free) Irfanview, or Photoshop, crop out what you want and save it as a .jpg. If you crop out a picture it will be identical to the original because it's digital.

When you view the source code it will be with your browser. Click on Edit> find and type in a very short phrase of the text you are looking for and it will immediately find it. I find pictures the same way with img src= and then jump through the image links until I find it.

Edited by NeverSure

If i save a tv webpage to read later,

it opens up with a lot of black.

How do you save it?

There are several ways of of returning to a topic or a web page at a later time. Let's take the present page as an example.

The easiest way is to follow a topic. This is a function of the ThaiVisa software. Near the to top right of the screen, below the blue Help button post-21260-0-94252600-1369867724.gif, click on the grey button post-21260-0-79402100-1369867740.gif. If you don't want to receive a notification when new posts are made, deselect this option. Afterwards, any time you want to read this topic, click on on the black button with your member name near the top of the screen, then click on Content I Follow. Here you see a list of topics you are following. Click on the title of the topic you want to read again.

If you want to save a page to a storage device on your computer, eg the hard disk, this is a function of your browser and other software installed on your computer. So that I will see the page the same way you do, I am doing this logged in with my test account Maestro_2. I am reading this page with Chrome on a PC running on Windows 7. I press Ctrl+P, then on the new window that opens I select the destination Save to PDF, then click on Save, select the folder where I want to save the file, then click on save. This is what got saved:

Thai Visa Blocks Web Page Save Feature_ - Forum support desk - Thailand Forum.pdf

• Like 1

If i save a tv webpage to read later,

it opens up with a lot of black.

How do you save it?

There are several ways of of returning to a topic or a web page at a later time. Let's take the present page as an example.

The easiest way is to follow a topic. This is a function of the ThaiVisa software. Near the to top right of the screen, below the blue Help button attachicon.gifButton - Help.gif, click on the grey button attachicon.gifButton - Follow this topic.gif. If you don't want to receive a notification when new posts are made, deselect this option. Afterwards, any time you want to read this topic, click on on the black button with your member name near the top of the screen, then click on Content I Follow. Here you see a list of topics you are following. Click on the title of the topic you want to read again.

If you want to save a page to a storage device on your computer, eg the hard disk, this is a function of your browser and other software installed on your computer. So that I will see the page the same way you do, I am doing this logged in with my test account Maestro_2. I am reading this page with Chrome on a PC running on Windows 7. I press Ctrl+P, then on the new window that opens I select the destination Save to PDF, then click on Save, select the folder where I want to save the file, then click on save. This is what got saved:

attachicon.gifThai Visa Blocks Web Page Save Feature_ - Forum support desk - Thailand Forum.pdf

I like it. You can copy/paste from a pdf, too. How to you save a picture from a pdf?

I just remembered that I got the FireShot Screen Capture plug-in installed on the Chrome browser. With this I get an even nicer, but much larger PDF file:

FireShot Screen Capture #087 - 'Thai Visa Blocks Web Page Save Feature_ - Forum support desk - Thailand Forum' - www_thaivisa_com_forum_topic_642940-thai-visa-blocks-web-page-save-feature.pdf

Of course, I can give it a file name of my own choice when saving the PDF file but in this case have not done so.

I like it. You can copy/paste from a pdf, too. How to you save a picture from a pdf?

It can't be done with Acrobat reader, as far as I can see. I would save a screenshot and then cut it out from that. Its what I did with the two buttons I pasted into my earlier post.

I think the OP uses the File => Save Page As => File type "Webpage complete" function. When I do that with Firefox opening up the saved file results in this:

post-5469-0-20591200-1369877480_thumb.jp

The page actualy opens up OK, but the black box is super imposed after a second or two. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the advertisements in ThaiVisa?

Sophon

• Like 1

I think the OP uses the File => Save Page As => File type "Webpage complete" function. When I do that with Firefox opening up the saved file results in this:

attachicon.gifTV save webpage.jpg

The page actualy opens up OK, but the black box is super imposed after a second or two. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the advertisements in ThaiVisa?

Sophon

Can you save> as> .html?

attachicon.gifTV save webpage.jpg

Sophon

Can you save> as> .html?

I have these options when saving a web page:

post-5469-0-48415000-1369902462_thumb.jp

When saving as complete web page the page is saved as html, but a folder with additional elements is also saved.

Sophon

Edit: The problem reported in the OP only happens when I save as complete web page, if saving as html only the black box does not appear.

Edited by Sophon

I don't know what the best way is. There's the PDF which works fine, or there's viewing source, pasting into notepad and saving as .html.

As I'm sure everyone knows, before the GUI web page editors, everyone used notepad to write a web page. I can still do it but I don't know all of the latest code. Just for fun, you can paste this into notepad and save it as test.html.

<HTML>
<BODY>
<font color='red'>

My Web Page

</font>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Then double click the file where it is saved, and it should bring up the browser and look like this.

My Web Page

This is why I view source, and copy/paste into notepad and then save>as .html. It's really easy.

Edited by NeverSure

Thanks for all the replies.

I pursued them and as far as i can see, no one can confirm or deny that this is either a bug or set up this way, if i 'save the page as' in my browser.

I tried more than one browser and i tried many web pages.

TV is the only one with this problem.

I guess i need to learn to save other ways, (but should i have to?) i will re-read more carefully sometime the other posts and comments.

• 5 months later...

OK i tried to save some Thaivisa forum web pages to read later on the computer without internet and yes this is a strange problem/issue i have never seen with any other web sites.

SO: Is this a flaw or on purpose?

Thanks for the suggestion to save other ways, seems more complicated than it should be however, and i dont need a pdf file.

However if that is the ONLY solution then i will work on it.

SO AGAIN, IS THIS AN ERROR OR NOT?