Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

i dont know where to start with this..... thai women have no morals. my last thaigirlfriend would sell her mother to get money. nasty people.

I think you may be generalising a bit there. There are bad ones for sure and this looks like it's one of them but there are good Thai women out there. At least that's what my Thai wife tells me.

This kind of thing makes it difficult for honest Thai women as it gives the a bad name in the same way that honest farangs get a bad name when one of them isn't honest.

True...but it seems you have to turn over a lot of bad apples before finding a good one....albiet funrolleyes.gif

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to him, I hope he gets his money back, or at least some of it, well maybe a little. Seriously, with an Australian news network getting involved it may also garner interest in other countries, I wonder what TAT will do to counter the bad press over this one, and all the other accounts that will surely come to light as a result of the international media coverage.

Thailand has a lot more serious image problems than some guy being conned out of 15m baht.

There have been a number of programs in Australia highlighting scams, issues in Thailand, international dating sites, emails out of Nigeria saying you have XXXX, please send X to release the funds etc etc. It is estimated more than a billion dollars a year are lost by Australian citizens to these scams yet it continues year after year and Australian visitors to Thailand also increases year after year

If the above numbers are correct, it is not Thailand with an image problem, but Australian men!whistling.gif

and Aussie women

post-46292-0-76402200-1370428710_thumb.j

Edited by waza

Jesus wept she's a munter into the bargain...... I cannot fathom how good she musta been in the sack for him to hand over the dosh.

508362.jpg

You read my mind! <deleted> didn't even get blown senseless by a stunner with a huge set of plastic fantastics for his lolly.

Not that looks are everything, but you are more likely to give a gal with her looks 30 baht for yer som tam or noodles, than 12mill for a company and 3 mill for a sin sot.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

coffee1.gif Mmm food for thought...onion soup anyone...whistling.gif .....bah.gif .... but I think he is ....beatdeadhorse.gif ...... If they catch her.....lock.gif her up and....violin.gif ...don't cryfor me sorry.gifsorry.gif ......wai2.gifwai2.gif ....??????? BULLxxxx.

Edited by metisdead
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

if he is successful , i can see about 40,000 other claims coming in !

He may be successful. Depends on how many layers he has the patience and resources to peel off. He is an Onion farmer. Went to the police with his lawyer and interpreter. Time to add a bodyguard.wink.png

• Like 1

Good on him for filing FRAUD charges because that is exactly what it is and if more guys filed charges then the problem might not be so bad as it is.

Anywhere else in the world it would be prosecuted and so should it here.

i don't know the particulars, but how is it fraud if he has no contract and she is in sole control of the business?

if the money cant be shown to have gone into the business and instead was spent on herself I think that would count as fraud.

Sadly he wont win the case, Hopefully he will prove me wrong. I was asked to buy land for rubber tree in Nong Khai in 2005 from my Ex girlfriend's mother, i told em that to give me few days to decide, so i instead bought two condos without telling my ex. Today, I am alone with two condos still under my name. I was lucky. NEVER NEVER REVEAL YOUR WEALTH TO ANY THAIS, LET THEM THINK YOU ARE WORTH MORE ALIVE THAN BEING DEAD POOR.

Edited by Billy The Kid
  • Like 2

Thai system, as you can see it every day. Honesty is a thing which not exists in this country. I am sure the Thai legal system will find a way to protect the conning woman and accuse the Australian farmer, because he is a farang.

I have one in Phayao they can go arrest too... sick.gif can we join a sad ripped off old man' club?

Maybe you can all get together and file a class action.

For a Class action , you would need a Fotball Stadium ,a big one,, is 100 of thousands of the foregners that done and doing same mistake. Probaly half of the thai avisa commenting people jhas done simular stupid tings , maybe just in a smaller scale..

• Like 1

Oh, if only he had been a ThaiVisa reader he might have avoided it all! tongue.png

What a fantastic response; but I bet there are still those who read such stories and still get caught. As cons go Thai woman are the best in the world; there should indeed be a film perhaps called STING 2.

Edited by britinthai

Good on him for filing FRAUD charges because that is exactly what it is and if more guys filed charges then the problem might not be so bad as it is.

Anywhere else in the world it would be prosecuted and so should it here.

i don't know the particulars, but how is it fraud if he has no contract and she is in sole control of the business?

if the money cant be shown to have gone into the business and instead was spent on herself I think that would count as fraud.

Fraud case will turn on the facts. Was the numpty farmer even a director of the company...My guess is no given his manifest stupidity...

The net result here will be that in additional to his original loss he will also be taken to the cleaners with Thai legal costs.

Transam. He's a good HOUSEKEEPER then.

I feel so sorry for the bloke letting his dx"qk rule his head like that. He is obviously a successful business-man.

How much do you think he will get back?

Sinsot and operating expenses. My guess he is getting nothing back. Another fool was departed of his money,

If she failed to answer the summons three times, she would be arrested.

laugh.png ...got to love the Thai legal system, anywhere else in the world if a summons is issued and you dont answer it there is an arrest warrant out for you the first time around

BUT, perhaps she paid off the first two/three thingy's. whistling.gif ....................smile.png .

Thai police don't like to pressure fellow Thai's to accomplish something ASAP...gotta give them plenty of time.

He should go the Thai route rather than the Farang one (and he obviously still has the money to afford it to fly over with a lawyer etc),

after all,2 Aussie lads shot the wrong guys in Pats recently and waltzed out the door a couple of days later(my mind's still boggled by that!),

there's plenty of Aus ex SAS lads at a loose end at the moment who'd pop over with him for a holiday.,

I don't usually think like this,but either he does it the nasty way or I don't fancy his chances of surviving his courageous stand.

Good luck to him and bad to her regardless.

• Like 1

Transam. He's a good HOUSEKEEPER then.

I feel so sorry for the bloke letting his dx"qk rule his head like that. He is obviously a successful business-man.

How much do you think he will get back?

Zero, He may win something ,, but he will never collect

• Like 1