Pleasant Surprise At Immigration.

Whilst applying for my retirement extension. The officer removed my 90 reporting slip from my passport and put in a new one valid 90 days. The former date for reporting was next month. So now I don't have to it for another three months. Is this a new procedure or was the officer being considerate. This has never happened to me before.

Ah, the lights are on in Immigration. My last retirement extension was due in the middle of a 90-day reporting period. Thus, I had to contact Immi on ~ days 1, 45 and 90, of a 90-day period. More work for Immi (and myself). By 'synchronising' the application for retirement extension with the commencement of 90-day report period, all parties are better off.

By the way, was there any suggestion that a consideration for 'tea money' may have been appropriate??? Cheers, AA

Well gentlemen I have lived her 37 years on a spousal visa. I report every year to immigration in Chiang Mai, they all know me. about 10 years ago one of the immigration ladies asked me where my 90 report was, I said I keep it at home, she said Oh, no problem. Even if you get caught without a 90 day report you can be fined 2000 Baht. I really don't care but it's interesting that they don't check, nobody believes me when I tell them this

• Like 1

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Note the word application - not necessarily the date the extension was granted or started.

As for fine for not making 90 day address report the normal amount is 2,000 baht but can be 4,000 baht if under negative circumstances and permitted by law is 5,000 baht plus 200 baht per day.

also if you are getting a new spousal or retirement visa, that new visa serves as the 90 day reporting and you don;t have to report for another 90 days from the date you were granted the visa.

I don 't think that is correct.

mjsansai, on 06 Jun 2013 - 17:18, said:

also if you are getting a new spousal or retirement visa, that new visa serves as the 90 day reporting and you don;t have to report for another 90 days from the date you were granted the visa.

I think you mean on your first extension don't you? I must say this thread has been a real eye opener for me. In the 3 immi offices I've used since being here every 90 day report has had to be accompanied by a TM 47.

Edited by mca

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong........... My first renewal of my yearly retirement visa was the same as my 90 day. Did my yearly and thought my 90 day would have been taken care of, when I reported for my 90 day, I was FINED 2000b. When I showed the yearly renewal I was informed I didn't go to the 90 day desk and was threatened with a 2000b per day fine if I argued any more

I don 't think that is correct.

It would be correct if using a new visa. If however it is a new extension to an existing visa, I don't think that is correct.