Glenn Hoddle

rijit

This could be a short run thread but every time i see him i just wonder what the f he's doing on tv, he's wasted he should be managing a club, his analysis is just EXCELLENT light years better than anyone on tv it's great to listen to, but really its sort of wasted as i said he should be with a club. Anyone else?

He's a great coach with the tactical PR brain of a newt.

yeah as per u've hit the nail on the head smokes, really 4 me that was down to the fa mate, should have had some one sitting on his shoulder saying stick to football dont go there, as would any blue chip/ decent public co with its chief exec .

Definitely. Eileen Drewery heads the tactical coach position and Glenn selling hot dogs on match day.

At the time the italians had been taking/ someone similar to Eileen drewery to comps for 20 ish years, but we go there and out come the idiots

yeah as per u've hit the nail on the head smokes, really 4 me that was down to the fa mate, should have had some one sitting on his shoulder saying stick to football dont go there, as would any blue chip/ decent public co with its chief exec .

It was 50/50 for me in the first instance but he did himself no favours. Not in the same league as David Icke though.....laugh.png

It was 50/50 for me in the first instance but he did himself no favours. Not in the same league as David Icke though.....laugh.png

, His beliefs are his beliefs, he's entitled to them as far as i'm concerned, but he was a <deleted> dumb arse to talk about them to the media

badly advised, or more to the point not advised. And as you say no comparison to david ickecrazy.gif

Definitely. Eileen Drewery heads the tactical coach position and Glenn selling hot dogs on match day.

At the time the italians had been taking/ someone similar to Eileen drewery to comps for 20 ish years, but we go there and out come the idiots

Eileen Drewery is an idiot, and so is Hoddle for employing her.

Stoopid idea, and Ray Parlour got it right treating it with the contempt it deserved even if it did cost him an outside chance of a place in the team.

Stoopid idea, and Ray Parlour got it right treating it with the contempt it deserved even if it did cost him an outside chance of a place in the team.

Yes but then again the romford pele was an absolute tosser of the highest order anyway so who cares a monkeys. Still is by the interviews i've listened too.

parlour makes Bale look like a pin up boylaugh.png

Edited by carmine

he didsnt get in the squad cos he wasnt good enuf. but lets get it clear Because you don't believe in what she does makes her an idiot ? and hoddle thinking, maybe possibly, it could help makes him an idiot? and the Italians using a similar type of[person 4 big tournaments 4 20 years makes them idiots?, or perhaps agreeing with the tabloids and a couple of redneck ex footballers, with life experience extended to zilch more appropriate, dont you think?, or perhaps not.

Edited by rijit

My father worked in the Chanticler Restaurant - which was at White Hart Lane

This was at the time of Hoddle, Ardiles, Hughton etc etc

He told me Hoddle was always an arrogant f***er - whilst Ardiles and Hughton - were very humble and down to earth with all the stuff and showed them the utmost respect

I watched a game where Hoddle was playing - Trevor Steven was in the team - I think it was a World Cup game against Poland or someone - Hoddle had the ball at his feet - he had so much time on the ball and was directing other players where to go as they had no idea - he was light years ahead

One night about 6 years ago I was driving back from the West End along the Embankment and I saw Alan Brazil - I stopped and offered him a lift as I knew from his radio show he lived in Canary Wharf - he was totally drunk - we spoke a bit about football etc and I asked him who the best player he ever played with was and he said without any shadow of a doubt it was Hoddle - ''different class'' is what he called him

So in summary - great player, great TV pundit - possibly a great manager/tactician - as for man manager and dealing with the press - terrible

He told me Hoddle was always an arrogant f***er - whilst Ardiles and Hughton - were very humble and down to earth with all the stuff and showed them the utmost respect

I watched a game where Hoddle was playing - Trevor Steven was in the team - I think it was a World Cup game against Poland or someone - Hoddle had the ball at his feet - he had so much time on the ball and was directing other players where to go as they had no idea - he was light years ahead

One night about 6 years ago I was driving back from the West End along the Embankment and I saw Alan Brazil - I stopped and offered him a lift as I knew from his radio show he lived in Canary Wharf - he was totally drunk - we spoke a bit about football etc and I asked him who the best player he ever played with was and he said without any shadow of a doubt it was Hoddle - ''different class'' is what he called him

So in summary - great player, great TV pundit - possibly a great manager/tactician - as for man manager and dealing with the press - terrible

Him being arrogant surprises me not, as he was defo the 'golden boy' of his generation and in his world was probably treated as some sort of messiah .but I saw him play a lot and tbh i wasn't his biggest fan, he had amazing totally amazing moments , but u couldn't rely on him 'turning up' and grafting out wins, week in week out, others did that and got little or no praise eg mickey hazard, 4 me one f o player who got scant mention, but kept the team going week in week out.

Edited by rijit

Very good post and spot on!

Yes but then again the romford pele was an absolute tosser of the highest order anyway so who cares a monkeys. Still is by the interviews i've listened too.

parlour makes Bale look like a pin up boylaugh.png

Call Pizza anything you like, but he's won the league three times which is according to my records is thrice more than your shower of ne'er-do-wells.

thumbsup.gif

he didsnt get in the squad cos he wasnt good enuf. but lets get it clear Because you don't believe in what she does makes her an idiot ? and hoddle thinking, maybe possibly, it could help makes him an idiot? and the Italians using a similar type of[person 4 big tournaments 4 20 years makes them idiots?, or perhaps agreeing with the tabloids and a couple of redneck ex footballers, with life experience extended to zilch more appropriate, dont you think?, or perhaps not.

Sorry, did I not make it clear the first time. Again - She's an idiot for believing in the rubbish, and he's an idiot for thinking it would improve the team.

Who gives a stuff about Italy? Haven't exactly pulled up trees in the last twenty years, except when they had Zidane pulling the strings.

"Faith Healing" is for gullible tossers, right up there with Psychics and mediums IMO.