Yingluck's Defamation Case Against 3 Democrats To Go Ahead: Meeting At Hotel

webfact

PM's defamation case against 3 Democrats to go ahead
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police have decided to press charges against three Democrats for allegedly defaming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra over their comments related to her private meeting with businessmen at the Four Seasons Hotel in February last year.

Police said Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut, Nakhon Si Thammarat MP Thepthai Senpong, Songkhla MP Sirichok Sopa - the moderators of the programme "Sai Lor Fa" broadcast on Blue Sky channel - made comments during the show on February 15 last year insulting Yingluck over her private meeting with the businessmen.

Prosecutor Ruangwit Pokhai said it would be decided July 25 whether to indict the three for libel. Sirichok denied slandering Yingluck, saying he would fight the case as he had evidence including a tape from security cameras in the hotel and witnesses who were on the same floor with Yingluck.

Ramet Rattanchaweng, the lawyer of the three Democrats, said he might seek to question additional witnesses including Yingluck, Settha Thaweesin and businessman Ekayuth Anchanbut.

The prosecution on Monday decided to indict Chavanond and Democrat deputy spokeswoman Mallika Boonmeetrakul for defaming Yingluck over the same incident.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-06

There is progress, even in Thailand. Mind you this is all about a non-event which kept Ms. Yingluck out of parliament, was denied, confirmed with various other government people present, explained with nothing serious going on just listening to the opinions of business people on issues bothering the government.

Of course slander and what went on that day in that hotel are two different matters. Is a defence as "What was I to think with all lies told by the government" valid in Thailand ?

The PTP government has a bad guilt complex, the message that should be loud and clear , govern the country for the people , not for yourselves and guess what , people will stop thinking that PTP , are up to no good and it's business as usual, PTP do no favours for themselves or Thailand whilst they continue to appear a distrustful Administration.bah.gif

Surely now she is going to sue the 3 it will bring the whole thing back into the spotlight.

If she had shut up and said nothing it would have died a natural death.

Are they really that desperate to try anything to divert attention from the rice loss and possible credit downgrade?

Near a year and a half ??? now a problem. Most of the time the chamber all the government persons attend is near empty, suppose the time they spend away is used to try to trump up charges against some opposition MPs.

Why on earth can't the chamber be full--discuss, iron out problems. A village hall could house most sessions.

Surely now she is going to sue the 3 it will bring the whole thing back into the spotlight.

Are they really that desperate to try anything to divert attention from the rice loss and possible credit downgrade?

They are going to wish they had let sleeping dogs lie.

I can't believe any rational, sane politician would through class actions around like this, which leads me to think they are masterminded by the irrational, insane one in the sandy paradise.

I can't believe any rational, sane politician would through class actions around like this, which leads me to think they are masterminded by the irrational, insane one in the sandy paradise.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst for Yingluck's 'decision' to quit politics and allow Yaowapa to be moved into place.

Is this the "No meeting" which became a "private meeting" that then became a "government meeting" which there has been no official minutes of?

thumbsup.gif Yup! That be the one.

Edited by Dap

Does anybody want to bet, that the business man (major land developer and believe former colleague) Yingluck had this very private/government meeting with, made some very fortuitous land purchases along the high speed rail routs and other infrastructure projects, when they are officially announced?

Edited by dcutman

Meanwhile, back to more important matters.

Like Yingluck ordering underlings to tell her how much Thailand is really loosing and storming out of the meeting before more questions could be asked. I know if I was the PM with all the negativity going on about it I would be keeping currant on the losses.

You have to feel sorry for her. She thought it was just going to be a photo op with no real meaning.

Does anybody want to bet, that the business man (major land developer and believe former colleague) Yingluck had this very private/government meeting with, made some very fortuitous land purchases along the high speed rail routs and other infrastructure projects, when they are officially announced?

Well I would say if he purchased property based on that information it will be his heirs who maybe collect on it.

Another political ploy...possibly instigated by her wanted fugitive relative. Hasn't she heard that Political leaders throughout the world are targets for criticism, abuse, lampooning etc. etc. It goes with the job.....get over it. Pick up your Dummy and move on.

I don't suppose it has occurred to her yet that she and the other persons attending the meeting can all be called as witnesses, to testify under oath. Not that a little (more) perjury would worry her.

We all know the outcome anyway.

Thai justice starts with the result and works backwards. The only question is how they line up 'evidence' to get the result.

Prediction - her case is proven, her credibility intact and life goes on.

It seems that the whistle blower on the 'Four Seasons' meeting hasn't been heard of since late Thursday, the other newspaper reports. That would be the real estate businessman Ekkayuth Anchanbutr whose also known to be a critic of Thaksin and the Pheu Thai party. K. Ekkayuth had a run-in with some in a coffeeshop in the hotel after seeing PM Yingluck, her MoF Kittirat and various business people gathering for a private government meeting. Allegedly that is. The meeting, not the missing since Thursday.

It seems that the whistle blower on the 'Four Seasons' meeting hasn't been heard of since late Thursday, the other newspaper reports. That would be the real estate businessman Ekkayuth Anchanbutr whose also known to be a critic of Thaksin and the Pheu Thai party. K. Ekkayuth had a run-in with some in a coffeeshop in the hotel after seeing PM Yingluck, her MoF Kittirat and various business people gathering for a private government meeting. Allegedly that is. The meeting, not the missing since Thursday.

Another website is now running this story. A critic of Thaksin (fair enough) who used to run a collapsed pyramid scheme (according to the other paper) has gone missing. I am sure he has no enemies, but it looks like you forgot that part of the post.