C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

Makro is offering CTH C band boxes @1,990bht, a better choice than Ku band as wont

go down just as Newcastle U is about to score the winning goal (wishful thinking!),

I have a C band dish just need someone to realign it to Thaicom 5 or is it 6?

regards Worgeordie

Does anyone know if the channel lineup is the same as the Ku band version? Did CTH duplicate everything on two satellites and is one of them scheduled to go away in the near future?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makro is offering CTH C band boxes @1,990bht, a better choice than Ku band as wont

go down just as Newcastle U is about to score the winning goal (wishful thinking!),

I have a C band dish just need someone to realign it to Thaicom 5 or is it 6?

regards Worgeordie

Does anyone know if the channel lineup is the same as the Ku band version? Did CTH duplicate everything on two satellites and is one of them scheduled to go away in the near future?

you get less channels and stadium channels aren't in HD I think. But don't quote me on that. Maybe stadium 1&2 in HD only. Check the website or call them.

Yep! Same jittery picture here... Only occasionally, but noticeable. Was fine for Norwich vs villa game and only did it a couple of times for Liverpool game yesterday. More noticeable now though. Phoned CTH about it, they are aware if the problem and working to fix it.

Ditto

• 2 weeks later...

Bill came today, all sorted except when 7/11 scanned it, it showed 5,500 and not the 961.93 on the bill.

The 7/11 guy just entered the amount by hand, be interesting to see what next month brings. laugh.png

Our bill just arrived 5,220.05 b still showing installation,deposit,rental fee which was paid 7 weeks ago .Wife rang CTH call centre 1619, 4 times, no answer,rang CM installation dealer ,reply was so many people complaining to them,gave us another number which turned out to be a Bangkok installer and naturally he wasn't interested.Total shambles we are just going to pay monthly fee and see what happens and CTH borrowed 14 billion baht to get this show on the road...chok dee.

Same with me 2nd bill still wrong

I rang 1619 and was told not to pay but wait till next bill

The CTH guy said it was still happening to many and he had been instructed to tell customers they would not be cut off

Edited by Rob5060

Bill came today, all sorted except when 7/11 scanned it, it showed 5,500 and not the 961.93 on the bill.

The 7/11 guy just entered the amount by hand, be interesting to see what next month brings. laugh.png

Our bill just arrived 5,220.05 b still showing installation,deposit,rental fee which was paid 7 weeks ago .Wife rang CTH call centre 1619, 4 times, no answer,rang CM installation dealer ,reply was so many people complaining to them,gave us another number which turned out to be a Bangkok installer and naturally he wasn't interested.Total shambles we are just going to pay monthly fee and see what happens and CTH borrowed 14 billion baht to get this show on the road...chok dee.

Maybe the CTH fellows skipped class on the day "cash flow" was discussed.laugh.png

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Latest CTH bill arrived still wrong

Anybody had corrected bill yet

Yes, I had a corrected bill for 962 baht, but when the guy in 7/11 scanned it, it still showed 5,000+ which was paid already. He merely put in 962 baht manually. I've still got a signal and waiting for this months bill. biggrin.png

Yes, I had a corrected bill for 962 baht, but when the guy in 7/11 scanned it, it still showed 5,000+ which was paid already. He merely put in 962 baht manually. I've still got a signal and waiting for this months bill. biggrin.png

cheesy.gif Received this months bill yesterday. The amount on the right hand side says 962 Baht to pay, but on the left in the little boxes it says amount now outstanding over 6,000 baht. I'm not worried because I have all receipts, but you couldn't write the script! The guy in 7/11 just punched in 962 Baht manually, wonder how far behind I'll be next month? laugh.png

cheesy.gif Received this months bill yesterday. The amount on the right hand side says 962 Baht to pay, but on the left in the little boxes it says amount now outstanding over 6,000 baht. I'm not worried because I have all receipts, but you couldn't write the script! The guy in 7/11 just punched in 962 Baht manually, wonder how far behind I'll be next month? laugh.png

Same for us ..total shambles and when you ring the call centre they either don't answer or say don't worry. I think if you didn't pay the monthly amount you still wouldn't get cut off. I wonder if the Bangkok Bank that loaned CTH 14 billion baht are monitoring the running of this company.

Same for us ..total shambles and when you ring the call centre they either don't answer or say don't worry. I think if you didn't pay the monthly amount you still wouldn't get cut off. I wonder if the Bangkok Bank that loaned CTH 14 billion baht are monitoring the running of this company.

I wonder if the EPL are monitoring them also?.

looking at their website it seems that you have to pay 899 a month or if you pay them 24 x 899 upfront, you get 36 months viewing for the price of 24, so 599 a month.

33% discount is tempting but maybe an act of faith to give them 21576 upfront plus the cost of the box -

Interested to learn if other tv members have secured better deals with them than those advertised?? And is the program/picture quality consistent and good?

I could do without EPL, but I would like good news and financial channels plus movies, so maybe there are better options without shelling out over 20k

Thanks in advance

looking at their website it seems that you have to pay 899 a month or if you pay them 24 x 899 upfront, you get 36 months viewing for the price of 24, so 599 a month.

33% discount is tempting but maybe an act of faith to give them 21576 upfront plus the cost of the box -

Interested to learn if other tv members have secured better deals with them than those advertised?? And is the program/picture quality consistent and good?

I could do without EPL, but I would like good news and financial channels plus movies, so maybe there are better options without shelling out over 20k

Thanks in advance

Who knows if CTH will still be around in 12 months, certainly hope so.The jury is out, we pay the monthly plan 899 baht. Sky News out of the UK is ok and ABC Australia.Picture quality seems to vary even in good weather but not a major problem so far.

If you are not interested in EPL there are quite a few options. TRUE being one . After 77 days we are still waiting for the refund of our 2,000 baht deposit which was supposed to be 45 days when it could be no more than 7 days and all we get. on enquiring is "coming soon".We wont be going back to TRUE..ever.

Our second set has IPM which is basically for Thai's but has excellent news programs from Al Jazeera. Channel News Asia and France 24 all in English with some quality

announcers and items of interest.

Can't comment on movies most people seem to download

• Like 1

Many thanks Sparkles. Interesting thoughts.

I should have mentioned I am in a condo so satellite is out.

I hear others talk of problems with True and I lean towards WeTV but I think some farang use the internet and a media box-whatever that is- and get free or almost free stuff, but I am unsure how to set that up and if it would get live financial news. Maybe someone out there can fill in the blanks.

Apart from the football CTH is no comparison to True.

by the way, CTH have fixed their on screen Program guide at last.

Be grateful for a little more info about why you find True better than CTH-if that is what you mean? Thanks

It irritates me i have no way to record the 3am games and must stay up all night. Having no PVR in itself is pretty poor but then not to repeat the game the next morning just blows my mind. What do other people do is there no solution to this problem?

My ignorance again but what is PVR please?

It irritates me i have no way to record the 3am games and must stay up all night. Having no PVR in itself is pretty poor but then not to repeat the game the next morning just blows my mind. What do other people do is there no solution to this problem?

For me as a premier league neutral, I used to watch all the big games, as they were repeated the next day. Last season I watched every Spurs and Man city game and a heck of a lot of the others. On this basis I would gladly go back to paying for the gold package I had from true in a heartbeat and the rest of the programs were better quality too. I do understand that for those who only have an interest in one particular premier league team, CTH is a good deal, with a better quality picture. It blows my mind trying to understand why they don't show repeats the next day and this season I'm limited to picking my games and watching Gary Lineker on MOD. Unfortunately I'm not picking the exciting games it seems. sad.png