Beach Dog Covered In Motor Oil

infinity11

Lots of Khun Thai cover there dogs in used motor oil as a remedy to cure skin disease which is endemic with the Thai dog population ... it's cheaper than taking your mutt to the vets ......

Seriously it is a genuine Thai remedy thumbsup.gif ...

You could ask one of the Vet's how to remove it maybe. I know there is a solution but just don't know what it is. Same when they have these oil spills and the volunteers help clean of the ducks, seagulls etc.

Lots of Khun Thai cover there dogs in used motor oil as a remedy to cure skin disease which is endemic with the Thai dog population ... it's cheaper than taking your mutt to the vets ......

Seriously it is a genuine Thai remedy thumbsup.gif ...

I certainly considered that option.

In fact it does smell a bit like sulpher so i thought maybe it was a home remedy and not motor oil.

However if it is motor oil and it remains on his hair and skin that must be highly toxic.

He looks none to happy about his state.

I am considering shaving all his fur off but no easy task.

Seriously it is a genuine Thai remedy :thumbsup: ...

I certainly considered that option.

In fact it does smell a bit like sulpher so i thought maybe it was a home remedy and not motor oil.

However if it is motor oil and it remains on his hair and skin that must be highly toxic.

He looks none to happy about his state.

I am considering shaving all his fur off but no easy task.

It sounds like the dog is covered with heavy fuel oil /hfo wich is used by big ships its actually like liquid tarmac when heated and i have seen it on many beaches in Thailand and as a ships engineer i can tell you for sure you will not get it out of its fur only thing you can do is cut of its fur and use cloves when doing so because its highly toxic. Edited by Kudel
  • Like 1

If you can't find any other solution, try to talk to someone in one of the main car dealers. In their service station they must have some industrial strength soap that is harmless for humans to remove motor oil. It should work with the dog also

• Like 2