Pattaya Jet Ski Operator Offers Partial Refund Of Money Taken From Indian Tourists

Rimmer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BIB in Pattaya run this scam. They always find for the Jet Ski operators. This time it made the news. So another sound byte to make everyone feel better about themselves. I'm sure the Indians appreciated it however.

There are legal methods to get compensation, mob violence is not one.

Of course the jet ski owners would have to have substantial proof as to who did the damage and the jet skis were not damaged before they were rented out.

There is good evidence of the jet ski operators assaulting tourist but clearly they are still at liberty to continue their trade of deception and thuggery and I can only conclude their are those in public office protecting them.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Why hasn't a bunch of expats set a few of these blokes up? Send in a dummy....let him hire a jet ski etc.....then lay in wait for the trouble to start and kick some butt?

• Like 2

Maybe it's me, but I can't believe a nutty tourist hasn't gone back to lay that guy out. There are some tourist in Pattaya I wouldn't mess with either. My hunch is, the jet ski guys avoid tough looking thug types and women. You never see women getting their asses kicked for not paying. And then I wonder if this will come down to "an eye for an eye" type of thing at some point.

At some point yes it will.

Police later inspected the Jet Skis and determined that the damage was new and the cost of repair was “realistic” and no scam had taken place.

<deleted>...new damage, one day old, one week old,one hour old, i want to meet these expert policemen who determined this, absolutely disgraceful and totally dont give a shit attitude,because they know,they will get away with it..... sick.gif

In this video it seems like the police are in on it.

• Like 1

how much is the cut for the BIB ?

evidence of new damage, like in: the paint from yesterday dissolved in the water ?

was there a scratch or whatever before those 2 men took the jet ski ?

guess euh....

Cut and dry case of the local police and the jet ski operators colusive participation in these money making scams. There is no moral high ground in returning some of the cash as the payment was corrupt. Simply trying to defuse a bad situation. They are despicable scum and they survive and prosper owing to the underlying culture.

The only way to eliminate this problem is to attack the root cause. Ban jet ski's Tow the existing jet ski's out into deep water and sink them along with their operators and the local police force.

Why hasn't a bunch of expats set a few of these blokes up? Send in a dummy....let him hire a jet ski etc.....then lay in wait for the trouble to start and kick some butt?

There is a difference between expats and tourists...

The thugs target tourists so the expats do not care, many hope the tourists will go away so the prices will drop.

Police later inspected the Jet Skis and determined that the damage was new and the cost of repair was “realistic” and no scam had taken place.

It's just unbelievable this police.... just can't go more extreme than this

What happened to the mandatory full insurance, that jet-ski renters are supposed to have to be allowed operating their business?

and what happened to Chalerms pledge to clean out the mafia and scams in 90 days?

Right and then they start pulling firearms

familiar face ?

How I wish I was Superman. I'd bitch slap them all day long! ;-)

You don't need to be superman. These thugs can't fight. Anyone with a modicum of training would be able to fend off these idiots. The problem is, most don't have any training at all and fold when pressed by the thugs. Like most cowards, if you knock out one of them, the rest will run away.

• Like 1

Why don't the people who rent the jetskis make a video of it first and then if there is a problem they have evidence.

If the operator won't allow you to do it then walk away.

I was on the beach and watched one of these scams take place before. Then a tourist came and sat down near me and he started talking to his wife about them renting a jet ski. He looked like a decent genuine guy, so when he called the jet ski operator over to ask how much, I told him to make sure the jet ski had no damage on it before he rented it, as they will try to rip you off when you bring it back. He thanked me for the heads up and took out his phone and took photos of the jet ski all over. They rented the jet ski, had a good time and never got a 30K baht bill after it.

Look out for each other.

• Like 1

With all the International media coverage on this scam. I am surprised that anyone still rents the Jet Ski's off these morons.

Don't be suprised, it could be printed on every tourists passport "DO NOT RENT JET SKIS IN THAILAND" and the scam would stil go down.

Sex sells! smile.png

Has anyone commented on the 150 baht hiring fee? 150 BAHT! They're usually around 500-1000 baht. Of course it was a scam; hire them cheap tourists weep.

If you read the Pattaya One article, the Bt150 is the charge for 10mins.

It could be said that to cause $1.400 worth of damage in only 10mins must be some sort of record. Just as well they didn't hire for the normal 30mins or so.....!!

Yes, I'm sure the police did find that the damage was new and worthy of a repair bill high enough to buy a new jet ski...because they pocket half of that.

When is this crap going to end?

• Like 1

I was mystified until I reread, and saw this part: "Despite their findings the Jet Ski Operator decided to return 25,000 Baht to the tourists who were low on money and needed the cash to pay off their outstanding Hotel Bill." Perhaps the hotel is owned by somebody more powerful than the scammers' masters?