Help ? True And Cctv

ignis

Not sure I got the right end of the stick as it were........

Live in a small Village, we took over the management ourselves over 6 years ago, the monthly maintenance/service charge is 300 baht per month...

Even so we have a good size balance over, Last week at the Village meeting most said to use this money on CCTV.....

The house next to mine is sorting this out, yesterday a car and Pickup arrived from True.......... 3 hours later, engineers walked up and down the Village many times] cannot work out 100% what is the deal, my Thai is not that good, 3 good English speakers are not here in the Village at moment, so just wondered if anyone has this True TV and CCTV set-up and could explain ?

From what I can understand........ everything is installed with the left over money balance..... fine, but not clear is the TRUE TV....... for the CCTV it need to be on a server ? will be installed here ? we can also get all the TRUE Vision TV channels ? if 20 of use sign up to this then the monthly charge for TRUE Vision TV Platinum will be under 200 baht month ?

Have I got the wrong end of the stick ? is it 100% from TRUE? or is it one of the many True installers private set up ? cannot see anything about this sort of set-up on True website.

I have never had TRUE Vision, I do have my own True dish with 2 LNB's [get the FREE True channels and Astro from this dish] and a 2 meter MOVE dish.....

200 baht per month would save time searching the sky for something to watch or searching the internet for what is on..

They may not be TRUE employees, they may be jack of all trades sub-contractors who also fit satellite dishes as well as CCTV camera's.

How professional did they look?

How professional did they look?

The very smart Lady that came in the new Honda Accord car looked smart and had a TRUE folder, the car white with side and rear TRUE graphics on... the 2 youngish men that came in a clean white Toyota Vigo No window canopy on back also covered with TRUE graphics/stickers , both had TRUE on the jackets..

Can see lots of CCTV installers listed, but cannot see TRUE on the net as suppliers of CCTV Security

Guess will just have to wait till Thursday when a Thai, English speaker come back.

Have you noticed any cameras that have been installed around the village? They're usually intentionally quite conspicuous. If no cameras have been installed I don't see how you can have installed a Closed Circuit TV system and you may have just upgraded the village True Vision package to one that included the Chinese channel CCTV... (Oops..)

Alternatively, if you are planning a system that allows all residents of the village to access the CCTV footage, then most likely this would be set up via the Internet with the cameras feeding to a recorder and the images then uploaded to the Internet. If so, then maybe True are just your designated ISP and they came to install an Internet line, in which case the next step would be for the CCTV company to come and install the cameras.

As Jimmybkk said, CCTV usually means closed circuit TV, a security system for monitoring real time or after the fact review of recorded video.

You mentioned finding TV channels.

Have you had enough thefts to warrant CCTV? Or do you not have cable TV in your moo baan and that is what you are trying to get True to do, run the cable in at your expense as a group.

If the latter, my immediate reaction is that is a waste of the moo baan's reserves. Let everyone that wants to watch TV use the satellite method. Works well. If few farang in the village, then most people will only opt for the Thai channels anyway, so why spend the money?

If you are after the internet, that is a different issue.

So, do you know?

As Jimmybkk said, CCTV usually means closed circuit TV, a security system for monitoring real time or after the fact review of recorded video.

You mentioned finding TV channels.

Have you had enough thefts to warrant CCTV? Or do you not have cable TV in your moo baan and that is what you are trying to get True to do, run the cable in at your expense as a group.

If the latter, my immediate reaction is that is a waste of the moo baan's reserves. Let everyone that wants to watch TV use the satellite method. Works well. If few farang in the village, then most people will only opt for the Thai channels anyway, so why spend the money?

If you are after the internet, that is a different issue.

So, do you know?

I am the only non Thai in the Village............... Had the house built in 2003......... only option back then and to this day is TRUE for phone and internet...... Most houses have a satellite dish or 2 + not all are pointing toward True satellite., a few like me have a 2 meter dish + a True dish....... thefts have been a few over the years, maybe 9 or 10 over 10 years.. myself cannot see the point of CCTV just for possible theft, anyone can walk over the fields and climb over the rear garden walls

We have a night time Security Guard ? or rather a man that we pay that rides up and down the Village all night... NOT a Company Security Guard we did have these but most would sleep all night.

Guess at the end of the month's Village meeting all will be clear, what system is going to be used if any, guess after TRUE visit there was a question of what people thought, myself could not give any answer as did not understand, or even it it is CCTV + True Vision as a bundle, or if they want to put some sort of relay station or booster here

Edit: Made this Topic as thought maybe others may know what this system is or are using it, of course may have got it all totally wrong.

Edited by ignis