Editing A Post

Donz

Same problem here, cannot edit my posts anymore. Is the 30 min limit a joke ?

Not a great feature.

It is a good feature, otherwise you could post, someone else responds to that post, then you read what they have written and then decide you didnnt want to say that, so then go back and edit it, therefore leaving a thread that would probably make no sense, especially if a few posters did the same thing in the same thread :o

Same problem here, cannot edit my posts anymore. Is the 30 min limit a joke ?

Not a great feature.

It is a good feature, otherwise you could post, someone else responds to that post, then you read what they have written and then decide you didnnt want to say that, so then go back and edit it, therefore leaving a thread that would probably make no sense, especially if a few posters did the same thing in the same thread :D

Took the words right out of my mouth :o

It is a good feature, otherwise you could post, someone else responds to that post, then you read what they have written and then decide you didnnt want to say that, so then go back and edit it, therefore leaving a thread that would probably make no sense, especially if a few posters did the same thing in the same thread :D

I agree that some people should use this feature in a wrong or biased manner. But it's not what came in my mind first. :D Are they people here who can not assume their posts ? :o

As I write mostly on the Computer section (Linux), I should have forgotten any useful information in one of my primary answer and would like to add it. By editing the informations will not be disseminated in many posts in the thread and more readable.

I recognize it's better like this on this forum, but not in a technical one. I participate in a lot of technical forums and IRC channels Linux oriented and I've learn to read, think and answer only with useful informations. Though I can be a troll sometime :D , especially about M$. But it's another story. :D

Wallalai :D

There is something wrong....I tried to edit two posts to add information....the quick edit didnt work at all and the full edit returned an error message saying I wasnt allowed to edit that post, even though it was my own post...this was all within the time limits as the edit button was active...

Help!!!!

• 4 months later...
I think a 30 minute limit on editing posts is a JOKE!

What?, is this forum powered by ezboard? get it together, come on. :o:D

It's the system that works here and I can't see it being changed, if you have misspelled a post orsimilar 30 mins is plenty to remedy that

Stop moaning. I think its fine the way it is. If you posted something and then want to change it, then maybe think about what you post in the first place.

I agree, learn how to use the "Preview Post" button guys.

If its spelling problems, then i suggest you install googles toolbar, which has a spell checker built in, quick click on that sorts out your spelling errors. :o Here is a screenshot of my desktop :D

spellcheckerch0.png

Edited by daleyboy