Decent Rain Gear That Will Last And Last And Last.

Salapoo

Last year I picked up one of the fake Alpine Stars rain gear from SP320 down in Chinatown.

One of these for something like 800b.

1284798850_121847544_2-Alpinestar-Rain-G

And some similar style boot covers for around 400b.

rain-boot-cover.jpg

It was fine for one rainy season, now though, a year later there's water getting in (presumably through the seams) in heavy rain.

Might as well just buy a decent one that will last and last and last.

Any recommendations for ones available in BKK?

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

OP, I remember reading something about using silicone spray on nylon jackets, etc. to waterproof them. You might be able to find a can of it at HomePro or another similar store and get your current rain-wear to keep you dry again. Check on Google for more info. It would be interesting to hear if anybody here has tried it.

• Like 1

Seriously though, having a fold up poncho under your seat is great for when you get caught off guard.

In shorts, flip-flops, and a T-shirt a poncho is fine, but if you're wearing expensive leathers, it's nice to have some better rain protection in your tank bag.;)

OP, I remember reading something about using silicone spray on nylon jackets, etc. to waterproof them.

Actually they were very well tested again for the second evening in a row.

Pants are still perfect, and only my arms were wet.... but they were completely soaking in contrast to my perfectly dry body.

Panda have some Rev It stuff on their site for very reasonable prices.

http://www.pandarider.com/Revit/RevitProductsRainWear.html

p_Rain_FRC001_1450.jpg

3,400b

p_Rain_FRC004_0410.jpg

2,050b.

p_Rain_FRC002_1450.jpg

2,400b.

Does anybody have any experience or knowledge on Rev 'It?

Seem like a decent enough company. http://www.revit.eu/

And the H20 Rainsuit retails for $120 in the US. Not bad value it seems.

Edited by Salapoo

When it starts raining by the time I stop and fish out the poncho I am wet anyway. On my trip pulled into a deserted gas station during a rain storm and was serenaded for an hour by some good issaan music.

I bought jacket & pants hi-tec breathable/waterproof in Japan for a small fortune. I prefer to use my 180 bht PVC raincoat for easy on-off (not a poncho - sleeves are soooo good compared to bat wings of a poncho, esp at speeds over 100 - and look for sleeves with elastic at the wrist). I find a dribble of water gets through the front zip of the raincoat in heavy rain, but with hood under the helmet no water down my back. And I can tuck enough around my legs to keep my groin dry. I don't mind wet shoes and bottom half of my pants.

BTW, if anyone wants a hi-tec LBreath rain suit size L, barely worn, contact me.

sportsworld have jacktets and trousers in the camping section. I have the jacket.. its as good as a lightweight jacket can be.. 800b. trousers had to come from the uk cos i'm a fat bugger.

320sp on Mocyc.com usually do a great range of different rain wear

Everything in SP320 is about as legit as a Thai bird with Somchai on their ID card. :D

Up to you

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Everything in SP320 is about as legit as a Thai bird with Somchai on their ID card. biggrin.png

Up to you

It sure is. biggrin.png

OP: "Last year I picked up one of the fake Alpine Stars rain gear from SP320 down in Chinatown. It was fine for one rainy season, now though, a year later there's water getting in (presumably through the seams) in heavy rain. Might as well just buy a decent one that will last and last and last."

Edited by Salapoo

btw, the point was to just point out that that shop runs in semi decent fakes from China. Not everybody knows it. I picked up a few things from there and a Thai guy I know had bought the same. When I said that they are pretty good for fakes he completely freaked out at the notion. :rolleyes:

btw, the point was to just point out that that shop runs in semi decent fakes from China. Not everybody knows it. I picked up a few things from there and a Thai guy I know had bought the same. When I said that they are pretty good for fakes he completely freaked out at the notion. :rolleyes:

Yes. But not ALL the stuff is fake/copy etc. And generally from my experience they will tell you. But OK I get it.

:D:)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6