All Good Things Must Come to an end......We tried our best

ThePunPun

Yes, I have to say to all our loyal friends out there...... we at The Pun Pun did try our best.

Having had The Pun Pun now, for some almost 18 years, and having become friends with many, many of the posters on TV, it does sadden me to say the following. All good things do come to an end, and this includes menu prices also;

We have got to raise our prices.

The last time we had any price increase on our menu was 1st May, 2011, and between you and I, there have been considerable cost increases in the past 2 years.

The exact date that the price increase will come into effect has not yet been determined. Being older and lazier , than I used to be, has caused my menu creation to slow considerably. But best guess would be sometime within the next several weeks.

In the meantime, for those of you who have become hooked on the Chicken Fried Steak Dinner, may want another or to give one a try before the new menu prices. Now would be a good time to give it a try.

As slways, TV members identifying themselves will receive the usual 10% TV Discount. { I mention this only because I know that it ticks off a few of our fellow members} ...... besides, the gathering of information seems to be the flavor of the month these days.

Just to tickle your memory button [and I get to eat after taking the photos}.......

CFSteakDin12Jun13.jpg

Chicken Fried Steak Dinner

CFSuper12Jun13.jpg

Chicken Fried Superman [ thanks to Barnicle Bob]

Just as a bit of information...... If you just scratch the image a little, lean over and put your sniffer close to your screen, then....... well most of you are old enough to know what I mean......

Great stuff this modern technology ....... courtesy of the GOBBLE boys....... Remember Gobble is your friend

Thanks ALL for the past patronage.

Gonzo

• Like 2

]

Does Bob have a brother name Bill, who was a Sailor? I think I once heard a song about him ....

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

whoever Barnicle Bob is, he won't live long on a diet like that. i couldn't imagine what his cholesterol profile is; not to mention his waistline!

]

Does Bob have a brother name Bill, who was a Sailor? I think I once heard a song about him ....

whoever Barnicle Bob is, he won't live long on a diet like that. i couldn't imagine what his cholesterol profile is; not to mention his waistline!

The Pun Pun,,,,,,, home style food for those who know they won't live forever, but want to feel good while they are here......

re Barnicle Bob....... one or our active posters,,,,,,, if and when you meet him, you will find it hard to believe that he used to dance in the ballet with the great Rudolph ......

G

• Like 1

Thanks for the early announcement, John.

So you gave us the chance to enjoy your one-of-a-kind pork knuckle and other delicious stuff at least once more at old prices.

See you very soon ...

Well I don't get over your way that often but when I did I reallyenjoyed the food.

I remember the first time I went there4 I had my mind set on one of your dishes I had seen advertised but they brought me a menu and my eyes spotted the beans and wieners and my mind went back to my youth. They were delicious.

To be honest with you if you didn't raise them I would begin to think you were doing like a lot of other places and cutting down on the size of the portions.

]

The Pun Pun,,,,,,, home style food for those who know they won't live forever, but want to feel good while they are here......

re Barnicle Bob....... one or our active posters,,,,,,, if and when you meet him, you will find it hard to believe that he used to dance in the ballet with the great Rudolph ......

G

Surely not.

I can't believe it.

Really?

He once danced with the legendary Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer? biggrin.png

• Like 2

]

Barnacle Bob here, first thing is yes I had a brother named Bill, he was not in the Navy but retired from the Army. Nor was I in the Navy but I did own a nice boat at one time. My cholesterol is 160 and I take no medications for it. However, it is not like I eat at Pun Pun every day, I only have these meals in the photo every so often so my body has a lot of time to recover in between. Thank you for your concerns, I will keep it in mind and not over due it but remain happy with a good old fashion meal from time to time at Pun Pun.

Where is the Pun Pun?

Does this food come with free Lipitor pills to combat the fats? LOL

Lipator is for fighting cholesterol and has some wicked side effects for some people.

It is the only drug I have ever taken that caused that much pain. I tried every thing and the pain stopped when I stopped the Lipator.

• Like 1

Where is the Pun Pun?

The Pun Pun Genie pops up & wwwaaa laaaa or viola if you prefer.......

MaptoThePunPun.jpg

Gonzo

I see you're using the HelloDolly style of naming places? smile.png Mai Ping River... Night Plaza... Worrorot... Norrowot...

I don't mind but then be consistent and rape the lot: Thai Pai Road, US Crunsolut, Limping Crunduminimum, and Prung Prung Rustoront.

Yes , your encompassing rulership........ so sorry to have offended he who is the most enlightened of the worldwai2.gifwai.giftongue.png

In only twenty one posts we've seen an attack on the title, an attack on the cholesterol levels in the food and now an attack on the map. Then we've moved on to a discussion on Liptor and a lengthy discussion (now deleted) on Japanese food in various parts of Japan, I wonder what's comming next, perhaps something relevant to the OP perchance?.

....anddd to that we add "complaining about other people's posts." ;)

Anyway, what else is there to say? The OP was an announcement.

If it wasn't for some banter then it would be on Page 2 by now, and nobody would see it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Although I tend not to eat western food, your meals are home cooking at it best. I salute you for trying for so long to keep your prices down and portions substantial.

A few baht either way is not going to effect a restaurant that serves quality meals. Keep it up.

Where is the Pun Pun?

The Pun Pun Genie pops up & wwwaaa laaaa or viola if you prefer.......

MaptoThePunPun.jpg

Gonzo

P S no fats included...... we use only skinnies

Thanks for the map Gonzo, googled Pun Pun but got a vegetarian restaurant out Suthep rd and although I'm sure it's good I don't think I will find your chicken fried steak dinner. Heading in to Chainger in the next couple of weeks to do my 90 day report and would love to stop by for a late lunch and a few beers and if the food tastes anything like it looks in the pictures I'll forgive you for the price increase.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the map Gonzo, googled Pun Pun but got a vegetarian restaurant out Suthep rd and although I'm sure it's good I don't think I will find your chicken fried steak dinner. Heading in to Chainger in the next couple of weeks to do my 90 day report and would love to stop by for a late lunch and a few beers and if the food tastes anything like it looks in the pictures I'll forgive you for the price increase.thumbsup.gif

That is funny because a few months back that is exactly what I did.

Found a Punpun in Santitam via google went there sat down with a menu & realized this is not the food I saw

on this forum smile.png

Had the avocado wrap anyway & it was ok. Not great enough to make me ever go back though.

Will try again now that I have an idea where it is wink.png

Yeah there has been some confusion with that.

For some reason, some few years back they decided to name their place Pun Pun. They are tied in with some organically growing veggie farm out past Mae Rim someplace....... They are the vegetarian Pun Pun.

The [real[ Pun Pun has been here for about 30 years now and is the " Meat-a-tarian Pun Pun, The Real one. For google purposes one needs to google Pun Pun Guest House and Restaurant.

Sorry for any confusion to those having to go thru a meatless meal.......

One thing that we are quitely unknown for is our Shan Food. Being as Ms Gonzo is Shan and a great little cook in her own rite.

I'll try and stick a photo in of one of the more popular dishes..... For lack of a better translation, we just call it the Shan Noodle Meal;

ShanNood28aug12.jpg

If anyone out there is a fan of Shan Food, and would like more info, PM me or get in touch and we will see if we can meet your needs.

G

• Like 1