Any sports bars showing Stanley Cup Hockey Finals?

bobbyd1

I've been watching the NHL games using a site called VIPBox. It would be nice to watch one with fellow hockey fans, though. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you get any promising replies. Are they even available on the TV satellite service or cable here in Thailand?

Don't know about sports bars but I saw an NHL game live today was on one of the TrueVisions HD sports channel in the 150-156 channel number range.

PS: Just checked their schedule and it shows NHL game tonight from 0000 to 0230 on channel 151, TrueVisions.

I agree it would be nice to know a sports bar playing the play-offs. Last year I watched the Stanley Cup on my TV at home at 5:00 or 6:00 am (can't remember) on one of the sports channels. Little early to be having a beer watching the game though and it is always nice to enjoy with other folks. It's the time difference that gets us.

This morning's game started at about 8:10 (Thailand time) and I watched the 1st period live (without beer) before I had to leave for work. That was on the VIPBox site. It's streamed, so the picture quality isn't the greatest, but it's adequate. For better quality, I can download it (usually a few hours after the game is completed) at a site called The Sports Torrent Network. Sometimes the site is open for registration, and other times it's by invitation only. I have one invitation if any serious NHL fan is interested,.

Edited by Wavefloater

I want to thank everyone for the inputs. I have been watching the Cup finals on True visions TV, station 113 (ASN) here in Chiang Rai. Was looking for Sports Bar in Pattaya that will show it Live. Games are in the morning at 7 AM local Thai time. I will try the Irish Rover bar, hopefully they are showing Hockey in the morning? Chicago Blackhawks won game 1 against the Boston Bruins. Next game, Sun Jun 16 followed by Tues, Jun 18th, Thurs Jun 20 and the game that I will be in Pattaya (Game 5), Sun Jun 23rd. All games are at 7 AM, which airs at 8 PM EST, USA Got to be some Canadians and Americans that follow Hockey in Pattaya?

I want to thank everyone for the inputs. I have been watching the Cup finals on True visions TV, station 113 (ASN) here in Chiang Rai. Was looking for Sports Bar in Pattaya that will show it Live. Games are in the morning at 7 AM local Thai time. I will try the Irish Rover bar, hopefully they are showing Hockey in the morning? Chicago Blackhawks won game 1 against the Boston Bruins. Next game, Sun Jun 16 followed by Tues, Jun 18th, Thurs Jun 20 and the game that I will be in Pattaya (Game 5), Sun Jun 23rd. All games are at 7 AM, which airs at 8 PM EST, USA Got to be some Canadians and Americans that follow Hockey in Pattaya?

Dang, you're right! In my post, I should have said 7:10 this morning -- not 8:10. I forgot that NA is on daylight savings time now.

Is anybody going to phone the Irish Rover's Bar to see if they're open that early in the morning and going to show it?

For those of us who missed the game, go to the NHLdotCOM site standings and click on one of the team's name in the standings list. A small window will come up with the results of the past 5 or 6 games. click on any of them and another page will open that shows the highlights of that particular game.

Edited by Wavefloater

• 2 weeks later...

So what time do they actually open? Do they even close?

They were open at 7 AM, but i think it was because they have remodeling going on and the early crew was cleaning up. It was no problem walking in and about an hour later the crowd started to appear for breakfast and boxing.