Starting new house

The lawyer is not Thai, she is falang and works at a very high end, international law firm in Bangkok. She is just saying there is the law and then the Thai factor which can skew the judgement.

If you put the land in a Thai person's name and then lease it, would it not decrease the value of the house if you chose to sell it? Also, what if the Thai land owner doesn't agree to sell the land concurrently with the house?

I never had any concerns when I started this as I just assumed like most people that the land would go in my wife's name.

Yes it would as they would have to remove it as you dont own the land

& if he doesnt agree the next person is in the same boat so will probably never happen, so the developer may offer to sell you the land at greater cost since you cant afford to lose house

Developer has the right to do what he wants with land since he holds title ( didnt stop my inlaws pressuring the wife to hock it )

Last sentence is intreging - why would you think this ? I know you said your divorced & lawyer mentioned into your name but as you mentioned you are to make payments to developer ( nodoubt at a higher rate IE 9 perc ) , so someone must have had to sign the contract prior

I myself brought up another thread of dealing directly with developer

Friend of wife came up with crazy idea to build a coffee shop on leased land maybe yearly basis where there were 4 others , couldnt finnish shop so had to sell for big loss

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one read the posts the OP made before replying? ( a couple of people have but not most) .

He clearly states that he has a Thai friend in Canada under whose name he will register the land and sign a 30 year lease, he will secure his position by holding the title of an equally valued property in canada that belongs to his friend and will also issue a 30 year lease to his friend that way they are both protected. He also says that the builder has build every house in the development, he has inspected the homes the builder has build and is satisfied with the quality, he has also spoken to the owners and they all highly recommend the builder, and that the builder also live in the development. Based in all this facts he trusts the builder,

He also states that transferring the land first is not an option since the builder wants to keep control of the quality of homes being build in the development and will not transfer the land first fearing that once some one has control of the land they can do anything they want with the land.

It sounds to me as he has resolved all his land ownership issues except the danger of loosing his deposit and subsequent payment in case the builder does a runner.But he seems to think that this danger is very low, given the builders reputation and investment in the development.

Let's all give the Op a brake , stop advising him on things he has already addressed , and let him enjoy his build.

Op , your build looks very nice so far, I like your pool, , would not go for a pool, had it, am over it, too much work and maint. cost for me, but that does not mean that don't like one, I just don't like maintaining it and paying for it.biggrin.png

look forward to the rest of your build

Best of luck

• Like 2

Sorry, not Chiang Mai…Pattaya. Can't you already see the filth?:) As far as B & Es, there are 2 security gates to pass through and multiple cameras and hasn't occured yet but I'll still be carrying insurance. That's one nice thing about Pattaya is the high corruption along with the influence the developer's family has in town through ownership of considerable real estate. I don't see any issues on the transfer but I'll keep you posted.

Why so many people look down on living in Pattaya? Outside of one specific area, its quiet, clean and peaceful.

When this thread started the OP very kindly shared some information with me on his build by PM...and I for one wish him all the best! thumbsup.gif

Looks like it's going to be a lovely place smile.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL