Do any members have/had Luk Krueng children working in media/t.v?

Chittychangchang

Hi Members.

Looking for experience's and stories from members who have/had kids working in the media related industry, ie: Television etc

The topic was brought up in our household recently because the kids grand mother has got work as an extra on U.K television.She has made a few contacts and reckons she can get one of our children who's got stars in her eyes on the television.

My wife is of course over the moon!!!(what's with the Thai obsession of having their kids on T.V?)

When i expressed reservations about the idea and concentrating on her schoolwork, I met with her wrath.

So I've zipped my mouth shut for now,hoping it will all amount to nothing.

Thanks in advance.

CCC

• Like 2

Follow me here, my second cousins son had a part in a drama serial in the UK. The boy was 10 years old I believe at the time and was at the centre of a tug of love type story. The part led to nothing, and that is the norm. Didn't do him any harm, good life experience and he's at Uni now.

Another second cousin had a bit part in the remake of Total Recall, and he's a regular extra I believe in a new fantasy serial on HBO I think. I don't really pay attention.......I have a hunch that this guy has a better chance of " making " it. He's got that star quality about him and the women love him.

I had another second cousin who got to the finals of Britains Got Talent, then bombed out......in a way he's probably the best example. He says when he turned up and sang at the auditions he wowed the audience ( he did ), however he said once he got through to the finals he was directed to practise two songs that he hated. He said he couldn't believe it, couldn't take to the songs and hated every moment of the Finals process.

I would say regard it as an interesting hobby and you're in with a chance of at least enjoying yourself, getting ideas of becoming the new Brad Pitt or the like and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

Follow me here, my second cousins son had a part in a drama serial in the UK. The boy was 10 years old I believe at the time and was at the centre of a tug of love type story. The part led to nothing, and that is the norm. Didn't do him any harm, good life experience and he's at Uni now.

Another second cousin had a bit part in the remake of Total Recall, and he's a regular extra I believe in a new fantasy serial on HBO I think. I don't really pay attention.......I have a hunch that this guy has a better chance of " making " it. He's got that star quality about him and the women love him.

I had another second cousin who got to the finals of Britains Got Talent, then bombed out......in a way he's probably the best example. He says when he turned up and sang at the auditions he wowed the audience ( he did ), however he said once he got through to the finals he was directed to practise two songs that he hated. He said he couldn't believe it, couldn't take to the songs and hated every moment of the Finals process.

I would say regard it as an interesting hobby and you're in with a chance of at least enjoying yourself, getting ideas of becoming the new Brad Pitt or the like and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Can only imagine the lenght of your post, had your family been bigger! whistling.gif

Only the three involved in showbusiness, out of three hundred odd. You should see my family gatherings coffee1.gif

Follow me here, my second cousins son had a part in a drama serial in the UK. The boy was 10 years old I believe at the time and was at the centre of a tug of love type story. The part led to nothing, and that is the norm. Didn't do him any harm, good life experience and he's at Uni now. Another second cousin had a bit part in the remake of Total Recall, and he's a regular extra I believe in a new fantasy serial on HBO I think. I don't really pay attention.......I have a hunch that this guy has a better chance of " making " it. He's got that star quality about him and the women love him. I had another second cousin who got to the finals of Britains Got Talent, then bombed out......in a way he's probably the best example. He says when he turned up and sang at the auditions he wowed the audience ( he did ), however he said once he got through to the finals he was directed to practise two songs that he hated. He said he couldn't believe it, couldn't take to the songs and hated every moment of the Finals process. I would say regard it as an interesting hobby and you're in with a chance of at least enjoying yourself, getting ideas of becoming the new Brad Pitt or the like and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Can only imagine the lenght of your post, had your family been bigger! whistling.gif

Only the three involved in showbusiness, out of three hundred odd. You should see my family gatherings coffee1.gif

Yes. You, yourself and you again !!

Sorry, the 3 imaginary cousins as well ofcourse. Lol !!

Follow me here, my second cousins son had a part in a drama serial in the UK. The boy was 10 years old I believe at the time and was at the centre of a tug of love type story. The part led to nothing, and that is the norm. Didn't do him any harm, good life experience and he's at Uni now. Another second cousin had a bit part in the remake of Total Recall, and he's a regular extra I believe in a new fantasy serial on HBO I think. I don't really pay attention.......I have a hunch that this guy has a better chance of " making " it. He's got that star quality about him and the women love him. I had another second cousin who got to the finals of Britains Got Talent, then bombed out......in a way he's probably the best example. He says when he turned up and sang at the auditions he wowed the audience ( he did ), however he said once he got through to the finals he was directed to practise two songs that he hated. He said he couldn't believe it, couldn't take to the songs and hated every moment of the Finals process. I would say regard it as an interesting hobby and you're in with a chance of at least enjoying yourself, getting ideas of becoming the new Brad Pitt or the like and you'll be in a world of hurt.

Yes. You, yourself and you again !!

Sorry, the 3 imaginary cousins as well ofcourse. Lol !!

Sad life you have there..............I would really really hate to have to go through life as theblethers fan boy. coffee1.gif

Back on topic....

There seems to be proportionately more Luk Kruengs on Thai t.v than Thais.

Is this because the parents of Luk Krueng children steer and guide them on to that path?

Be good to hear from any members with first hand experience.

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang

The Thais themselves find luk krueng attractive and mildly exotic, hence their popularity. It think this situation has changed over time as luk krueng become more widespread amd will continue to do so. When I first came to Thailand 20-odd years ago they were quite uncommon, and would be coo-ed over in the street and generally warrant attention, whereas now that's not the case, especially in the cities, beach areas etc...

Edited by GooEng
  • Like 1

Nearly all Luk kreung on lakorns and movies, Miss Thailand also. Its obsession with the west. Silicone nose implants, slitting eyelids to have a skin fold, whitening cream, color contact lenses. They love it.

Thats right Blether, not everyone gets to " witness the Pittness"...laugh.png

Actor or Actress? Uhu, i see they're including the 3rd sex now? Very progressive.

-

Trying to increase the difficulty of the TLA's data mining / pattern matching being able to make a solid ID against all the other stuff I've posted.