Nothing unusual... She probably has a brother renting Jet Skis

-sic-

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ambassador said he had never seen her drunk to the point of losing self control which must mean he has at least seen her drunk

With friends like that making such public statements she certainly doesn't need enemies.

I wonder what it said in Thai, maybe something lost in the translation?

• Like 1

Whether it is true of not what is a diplomat doing drunk in public, in control or not?

She is supposed to be representing her country.

Oh, well, yes, following the example of someone else I suppose.

What is she doing drunk in a muslim country,

where alcohol is forbidden for the majority of the inhabitants??

Whether it is true of not what is a diplomat doing drunk in public, in control or not?

What is she doing drunk in a muslim country,

where alcohol is forbidden for the majority of the inhabitants??

Egypt is the 17th largest beer market in Africa and the Middle East, reaching a demand of roughly 110 million liters annually, of which 690,000 are alcoholic beer."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4387511,00.html

This appears to be the husband's direct account of what happened... but I can't tell about whether the accompanying photo is supposed to be the husband and his wife....

http://www.scoopempire.com/post/2013/06/16/I-URGE-YOU-TO-READ-AND-SHARE-THIS.aspx

Last Thursday, my wife was brutally attacked by a drunken lunatic diplomat while having a night out at the Kempinski hotel in Cairo.

We arrived at the hotel at 12.30-1am to meet up with my friends. Coincidentally, one of my friends' lovely girlfriend works at the Thai embassy in Egypt. She brought a friend of hers who nobody has ever met before who was extremely drunk.....

PS - This account, apparently by the husband, includes a reference that seems to say the Embassy lady had previously been posted in Beirut...

Ahh...then I was wrong in my above post about the ID of the husband.... Apologize for that...

In that first hand account link I posted above and repeat here, the author at the bottom is listed as Mohamed Ghazy, which is the same name listed for the husband on the Facebook page -- but not the same name used for the husband in the news reports, where he was IDd as Mohamed Sameh....

post-58284-0-99774700-1371530470_thumb.j

http://www.scoopempire.com/post/2013/06/16/I-URGE-YOU-TO-READ-AND-SHARE-THIS.aspx

post-58284-0-92660500-1371530679_thumb.j

From her Facebook:

Dear all, thank you very much for all this support, without it we wouldn't have been heard and our case wouldn't have received any importance. It seems like we might reach something very soon, I really really hope we do. It was extremely difficult for me sharing such a story but I just couldn't let it go.

I thank each and everyone of you. You guys are putting the pressure that is needed.

I also wanted to clear a few things as well, my husband was trying to defend me and of course I was trying to defend myself but the problem was she had control over me so whenever he would try to do anything the girl would hurt me more. Also all of this happened within a matter of minutes, and by the time the crowd was able to pull her away two of her friends took her and hid her and we haven't seen her since then.

Again, thank u so much. We will update you very soon. Egyptians rock, they truly do.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Hard to say for sure, but these photos seem to match up...in terms of the Egyptian husband mentioned in the news reports, named as Mohamed or Mohaemed Sameh.

Here's the photo posted in the supposed husband's first-hand account linked above, which mentions the couple are newlyweds:

attachicon.gifPS0849.jpg

Here's a Facebook page with a similar name (Mohamed Sameh Ashour) and similar photo from Cairo:

attachicon.gifPS0842.jpg

And here's a LinkedIn page with the same name (Mohamed Sameh Ashour) and photo from Cairo:

attachicon.gifPS0847.jpg

I should add...the photos and names are quite similar. But no way to know for certain whether they are the same individual or not.

this is the facebook account of the husband

www.facebook.com/TheGhazy

this is the facebook account of the Egyptian Lady involved.

www.facebook.com/ranaelnahal

So the husband is a musician and in a band.... called "Ghazy and His Goons"????

He's the guitarist...not the main vocalist in the YouTube video below.

https://www.facebook.com/GhazyandhisGoons/info

Ghazy is an aspiring singer songwriter who lives and breathes music every second of the......Ah, screw that...

I'm just a guy who wants you to listen to my music. Love it. Loathe it. Criticize it. Cook on it. Just listen to it.

This is my solo project that I've been meaning to do since I was thirteen years old. I'm in a band called "The Marbleheads" in Egypt but decided that I want to do my own thing on the side, and here I am.

With some help from the very talented producer Omar Raafat, and his sick ass studio called "The Mix", we're recording the debut album of "Ghazy and His Goons". The album is called "Change of Plans" and will tell the story of my life in the past 10 years. The highs. The lows. And the inbetweens.

The album will feature artists around Egypt helping me out, hence 'his goons'.

Why didn't the husband step in? He doesn't have to put the drunken thai on her arse but he could've at least stopped her with minimal force.

The guy actually claims the Thai lady went after him, supposedly after she had kicked his wife under the table and he protested.

At this point, we had been nice about her being rude, and we hadn't retaliated when she swore. However, seeing my wife get kicked, I lost it and smacked the phone out of her hand. I shouted "what did you do that for? Calm down!" And then she started aggressively hitting me and trying to choke me.

I would never hit a woman, so I just grabbed her hands to control her, but she continued. My wife then got up to stand between us, so she could stop this whole thing, and this is where the brutal attack started.

• Like 1

You may be right, but where does it say "in public?" It says hotel and couch. Sounds like it could be a hotel room.

You may be right, but where does it say "in public?" It says hotel and couch. Sounds like it could be a hotel room.

No, the reports say it was in the jazz bar/lounge of an upscale hotel in Cairo.

No, the reports say it was in the jazz bar/lounge of an upscale hotel in Cairo.

Didn't see that in the OP.

Okay then, that explains everything. It was a cultural exchange demonstration of Muay Thai.

...Thai ambassador to Egypt Chalit Manittayakul had defended Kakanang's character, saying he had never seen her drunk to the point of loosing self control.

...following up he stated:...however, once she starts on the yaba, you all better hide your sorry a**es!

I would expect she will be on a plane home very quickly, even before the Egyptians insist on it.

Normally this would be the kiss of death for a career, well at the very least no more overseas postings except maybe Laos or Myanmar which is hardly the pinnacle of someone's career. However TIT and her family may be connected or she may have a " special relationship " with someone senior or be protected for any number of reasons.

It's sad to automatically think like this but that's what happens when used to seeing how things work so many times.

The Amranand family have a long history with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Prok Amranand was Ambassador to Washington in the early 80s, considered to be the top posting available at the time. His son, Piyasvasti, was a Cabinet Minister in the post coup Surayud government and later CEO of Thai Airways until the government changed. I think he is still an adviser to PTT.

I don't know where this girl fits into the family, one of Bangkok's old elites, but she should have some stroke, although not with the present government.

• Like 1

...Thai ambassador to Egypt Chalit Manittayakul had defended Kakanang's character, saying he had never seen her drunk to the point of loosing self control.

...following up he stated:...however, once she starts on the yaba, you all better hide your sorry a**es!

me think - it was crystmeth or charlie

I would expect she will be on a plane home very quickly, even before the Egyptians insist on it.

Normally this would be the kiss of death for a career, well at the very least no more overseas postings except maybe Laos or Myanmar which is hardly the pinnacle of someone's career. However TIT and her family may be connected or she may have a " special relationship " with someone senior or be protected for any number of reasons.

It's sad to automatically think like this but that's what happens when used to seeing how things work so many times.

The Amranand family have a long history with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Prok Amranand was Ambassador to Washington in the early 80s, considered to be the top posting available at the time. His son, Piyasvasti, was a Cabinet Minister in the post coup Surayud government and later CEO of Thai Airways until the government changed. I think he is still an adviser to PTT.

I don't know where this girl fits into the family, one of Bangkok's old elites, but she should have some stroke, although not with the present government.

Do we know these two are related?

She's spelling her name Amaranand... And his name seems to be spelled Amranand. I saw that earlier, but couldn't find any direct correlation between the two.

Piyasvasti Amranand (Thai: ปิยสวัสดิ์ อัมระนันทน์; RTGS: Piyasawat Ammaranan, born 11 July 1953) was Thailand's Energy Minister between 9 October 2006 and 6 February 2008. He is former Secretary-General of the Thai National Energy Policy Office, Chairman of Kasikorn Asset Management and Chairman of Panel of Advisors for CEO of Kasikornbank. He was President of Thai Airways International between October 2009 and June 2012. He is currently Chairman of the Energy for Environment Foundation, a non-profit organization undertaking renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piyasvasti_Amranand

Well, here's another reference where, at a May 2013 event involving the Egyptian Chefs Assn., she was referred to by the more common family name spelling:

Ms. Kakanang Amranand & Ms. Suchitra Muangnil of the Thai embassy were at hand for the needed translations and extra explanatory information.

http://www.egyptchefs.com/eThaiClassHurghada.asp