Looking for metal kebab skewers

Gladiator

You're not that Turkish dude, are you?

Remarkably witty and helpful reply posting. Bored? Time hanging heavy on you hands? Thank you for sharing your insight.

I wonder who he/she was in their last incarnation.

Just curious but does it make a difference other than the metal ones are reusable. To me it wouldn't but no body ever accused me of having sensitive taste buds.

Do the restaurants that serve skewers use metal or wood?

I

Remarkably witty and helpful reply posting. Bored? Time hanging heavy on you hands? Thank you for sharing your insight.

Just curious but does it make a difference other than the metal ones are reusable. To me it wouldn't but no body ever accused me of having sensitive taste buds.

I don,t think so other than what you get used to. Always seems a bit fiddly to me to have to soak the wooden skewers in water before use. Also i have not seen the longer wooden skewers, sure thatnthey are out there. The metal ones that i have used are nearly 20 inches long.

I

I don,t think so other than what you get used to. Always seems a bit fiddly to me to have to soak the wooden skewers in water before use. Also i have not seen the longer wooden skewers, sure thatnthey are out there. The metal ones that i have used are nearly 20 inches long.

Thank You

I love it when someone throws me a slowball. Wood burns, and is not a conductor of heat. Metal is a great conductor, therefore you can cook your item much more efficiently, from the inside and on the outside, at the same time. Makes for a better finished product.

They let people put any posts up clearly, i hope he doesn't let us know whether he found them or not, don't care!!

If you don't care why bother posting.

I asked the OP to let me know if he was successful in finding skewers as I would like to buy some. He is very kindly keeping me posted.

• Like 1

In Australia I wanted a set and couldnt find any in shops, so ended up going to a metal workshop and they cut them for me on a guillotine. Nice stainless steel ones. Then they bent a twist on them for a handle. Since then Ive seen them sold in Asian grocers here.

Just an idea if you cant find in a shop.wink.png

• Like 1

They let people put any posts up clearly, i hope he doesn't let us know whether he found them or not, don't care!!

I asked the OP to let me know if he was successful in finding skewers as I would like to buy some. He is very kindly keeping me posted.

So u got a new friend, congratulations

Enjoyurlife - Don't suppose that you are a friend of 'TooPoopedToPop' Poster are you? You both seem to be fairly new to TV.com and make similar inane comments.....

Enjoyurlife - Don't suppose that you are a friend of  'TooPoopedToPop' Poster are you? You both seem to be fairly new to TV.com and make similar inane comments.....

You don't have to like my comments, same I don't have to like yours. And if u look a bit further, i am not that new on TV, just not a regular poster, I bet you liked me better when in quiet mode

• 2 months later...

I have been out of action for a while due to health reasons... but a successful trip today.

I found them at a good price at Hang Dong Market. If you use the car park at the back, go to enter the market and the last shop on the right

of the car park sells them.

Nothing fancy but 100 Baht for four. metal with wooden handles - the straight metal part being approximately one foot long.

Cheers,

Gladiator