Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image

webfact

This copper would be facing some serious criminal charges in Australia and definitely would be in custody pending trial. Charges such as aggravated burglary, assault with a weapon and assault to name just a few. There is no defence to this type of criminal behaviour even if the Russian did throw a leg over his wife. (two to tango)

Yes I know this is Thailand and not Australia and if I don't like this type of lifestyle I can go home.

I don't think it has been established that the guy is a cop - I believe it was stated that he knew cops

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

Better to know she is married first than to find out later after you have spent your life savings on her ....giggle.gif , your opinion is typical, blame the bloke and beat him up, how droll, if the woman was willing, then you will be beating up people all your life...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I never said that the woman was blameless, however I stand by what I said. If a man knowingly goes with a married woman, he deserves to get hurt.

Anyway, the video is obviously completely fake. But my point is still valid.

You stand by your statement that assault is acceptable? Neanderthal. I guess one can extrapolate that to anything - just be careful next time you inadvertently look in the direction of someone's wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/pet/car/sandwich . . . justification is easy

• Like 1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Causing Thai nationals to lose face is a criminal charge. It's called "damaging the image of Thailand." just as the police stated in the article.

No, it's not a criminal offense, where did you get that idea from?

I would love to see the meeting of ambassadors discuss the police chief's ridiculous stance on this - negating assault with a deadly weapon (even if it was a fake as the victim didn't know this)

I think Nomad Joe was being facetious, pointing out the hyprocricy of the police statements...

Oops, sorry.

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

The police cannot have this opinion - what kind of legal eagle are you? They follow what is proclaimed to be law, in this case what occurred was assault. Assault with a deadly weapon. No ifs nor buts, that's why the case is being processed by the court and the assailant offered 10.000baht in restitution

Edited by Sing_Sling

I usually not join the TV detective squad but I like to address the people who think it was all staged and fake.

Apparently the Russian lad knew the guy was coming (hence the camera preparations) but it could well be he expected another scenario (assuming that as a Thailand first timer he does not know Thais usually only attack in packs and/or with weapons). This Thai guy decided instead of bringing along two or three friends to bring a gun. Now the Russian guy was expecting a fair man-to-man fist fight (ignorant don't tell me) so he wanted to be able to proof afterwards that he was attacked and the Thai guy started the fight. The gun was a complete surprise.

Just another theory I know, but I could not help myself this time.

Also I think his reaction is not that unnatural. Someone surprises you by pointing a gun at you. What are you going to do. You know just a slight movement of his finger and you are gone. Are you going to sob and cry, beg for you life, panic? Or maybe you just sit there like a rabbit in the headlights. I can imagine someone doing just that.

just playing devils advocate here, but if you know the fight is coming your way, dont you get dressed?

Edited by joeaverage

Seeing as how this story is already reaching into every possible angle, how about this one..just a theory

Due to the ongoing ''harrassment'' of Russians trying to get into Thai only business dealings, whether legal or not,here, it has been suggested that the two guys involved in this ''production'' were paid actors indeed and that it was made and uploaded by a certain editor of a local newspaper and downloaded to you tube as some sort of attempt to show Phuket in bad light.[not that it needs much more to do that anyway]
IMO, If so was a rather amateurish attempt at best..but is possible...coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Yea, wouldn't want to "tarnish," Phukets image any more than it already is? Remember the Taxi Mob, the Us Sailors extorted for fares. Jet ski scams, screwy construction plans, illegal construction, destruction of Phulkets natural scenary by developers, murders of Foreigners, bla, bla ,bla...

Whoever writes these articles has to be joking.

Thailand tourism ? No respect for foreign tourists that help to pay their wages and contribute hugely to the Thai economy. The police want to investigate whoever placed this video clip on the internet ? What about the member of their force who threatened the Russian with a gun, fake or not is of no consequence and then repeatedly whacked him around the head and verbally abused him. This man is a disgrace to his uniform and his country, he should be prosecuted and at least be sacked, if not imprisoned.

Thailand tourism ? No respect for foreign tourists that help to pay their wages and contribute hugely to the Thai economy. The police want to investigate whoever placed this video clip on the internet ? What about the member of their force who threatened the Russian with a gun, fake or not is of no consequence and then repeatedly whacked him around the head and verbally abused him. This man is a disgrace to his uniform and his country, he should be prosecuted and at least be sacked, if not imprisoned.   

The offender is a cop? What did you base that on?

I would believe the police chief if he said, that the incident and the video would have never happened if the Russian guy had not come to Thailand in the first place. If he hadn't come, the husband would not have . . ah, well, why banter much more . . . . . the principles of " Cause and Effect" stil have not been taught to Thai Police so far. Send them back to school, please.

• Like 1

The fact that he has a gun makes it different.

There are a few points about this video that i do not get:-

1, How come the web cam was perfectly placed towards the door before the Thai guy arrives? Surely if you had a web cam on while sat at your computer it would be facing the user of the computer, wouldnt it?

2, How do we know the gun is fake?

3. The Thai guy doesnt really seem that outraged.

4, Why doesnt the Russian seem to lock the door and chain it when the Thai guy leaves ?

I t all looks a bit contrived to me. Dont know what motive there may be for doing that though. Just saying like.

1 it was a camera , and he had a feeling the one that tried to open his door before would be back

2 do not know for sure , those fake ones look awfull real in look and weight

3 that would have been temperamentfull thus lost of face

4 flabbergasted perhaps

1) "if someone is going out with a married woman"

- she said, she was single

- and even if not: if SHE thinks it is okay, then maybe something is wrong in her marriage anyways

- as stated before: it is common, that bar girls have boyfriends or husbands. no big deal

2) shouldn't the Thai- guy talk some things over with his wife and not assault the Russian like a Neanderthal?

3) the scandal here is not the promiscuous behaviour of the Russian or the lady. Not even the stupid and uncontrolled Tha- husband. The scandal is the way the police reacts AGAIN! Like in that Krabi- rape case, all we need now, is a government official, who utters something about "dinner"....

He didn't slap him enough. There are plenty of single women he didn't have to take another man's wife on his excursion. Should have been a real gun and blew the ass-holes head off. Its the Thai man who is the victim here. His wife cant be a whole lot going with the Russian in the first place. Thai women never happy no matter what they have got, maybe he should have slapped her instead.

You have to admire the "it's a fake" crew. Even after the police said the thai guy confessed and the case was going to court, they still believe it's a fake, because "duuh i guess the video looks staged, I would have wacked the guy with my karate black belt". w00t.gif

Foreigners always complain about the "face" thing in thailand, but some of them should at least try to keep theirs and know when to shut up...

Foreigners always complain about the "face" thing in thailand, but some of them should at least try to keep theirs and know when to shut up...

People always claim 'face' is typically Thai/Asian, but it is not. It is simply human.

Seeing as how this story is already reaching into every possible angle, how about this one..just a theory

Due to the ongoing ''harrassment'' of Russians trying to get into Thai only business dealings, whether legal or not,here, it has been suggested that the two guys involved in this ''production'' were paid actors indeed and that it was made and uploaded by a certain editor of a local newspaper and downloaded to you tube as some sort of attempt to show Phuket in bad light.[not that it needs much more to do that anyway]
IMO, If so was a rather amateurish attempt at best..but is possible...coffee1.gif

I am thinking that the Thai man was set up and manipulated into this situation by the Russians, as a stooge.

Firstly, it appears that the Russian was expecting this guy because he had his video already primed in the right position and running. And the Russian appeared to be almost waiting near the door as if he was expecting the Thai man.

Plus what normal person would open a door without first inquiring who it is and so quickly without hesitation?

Also the Russian was too cool, calm and collected. He just knelled there and let the Thai man do his stuff. Even after the incident he just got up and calmly walked away.

Looks like an elaborate set up to me, for reasons yet we do not know.

Edited by Beetlejuice

PHUKET: -- Commander of the police in Phuket province criticized the Russian man who made public the video of himself being slapped and threatened with a gun by a Thai man, saying the video has ′caused damage′ to the image of Thailand.

Really! <deleted>? And what about the Thai guy who put a GUN to the Russians head, beat him and threatened to kill him if he didn't leave Thailand? Yes let's blame and punish the victim of a crime for reporting the incident as it makes Thailand look bad...lol

Amazing Thailand.....

Due to the ongoing ''harrassment'' of Russians trying to get into Thai only business dealings, whether legal or not,here, it has been suggested that the two guys involved in this ''production'' were paid actors indeed and that it was made and uploaded by a certain  editor of a local newspaper and downloaded to  you tube as some sort of attempt to show Phuket in bad light.[not that it needs much more to do that anyway]

IMO, If so was a rather amateurish attempt at best..but is possible...Posted Image 

I am thinking that the Thai man was set up and manipulated into this situation by the Russians, as a stooge.

Firstly, it appears that the Russian was expecting this guy because he had his video already primed in the right position and running. And the Russian appeared to be almost waiting near the door as if he was expecting the Thai man.

Plus what normal person would open a door without first inquiring who it is and so quickly without hesitation?

Also the Russian was too cool, calm and collected. He just knelled there and let the Thai man do his stuff.  Even after the incident he just got up and calmly walked away.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Also the Russian was too cool, calm and collected. He just knelled there and let the Thai man do his stuff. Even after the incident he just got up and calmly walked away.

What I said few posts above...

Why try so hard to find a convoluted story that would barely explain the "it's a fake" theory when everything about it makes complete sense, and is actually commonplace? Some people do really have to much time on their hands.

I'm just curious as to what would happen some night when a few boys from Mother Russia are out on the town, having had a few vodkas, and happen to see the Thai tough guy in the video and say: "Hey, we know who YOU are!"

That could be interesting. whistling.gif

no nah, I myself was hijacked here in TH. A gun on my head and another one on my back in a car. I thought it was my last minute.

I started listening to my heart and started to sing. - Yes, to sing. They were so confused and everybody started bursting out laughing. This probably saved my life. If you show fear, people here switch to an animal instinct and do what they intend to do.

Later on they confessed to me that they were hired to kill me as someone from the Mafia in a high place suspected me to be police.

This young man did the right thing.

First stay cool, you never know when and where they will strike. He actually didn't barricade himself which would have only fed on the killing mob to show up in an unexpected time and place.

Thailand tourism ? No respect for foreign tourists that help to pay their wages and contribute hugely to the Thai economy. The police want to investigate whoever placed this video clip on the internet ? What about the member of their force who threatened the Russian with a gun, fake or not is of no consequence and then repeatedly whacked him around the head and verbally abused him. This man is a disgrace to his uniform and his country, he should be prosecuted and at least be sacked, if not imprisoned.

The offender is a cop? What did you base that on?

Who's the guy with the gun and dishing out the slapping ?

In what country would you get by with taking another man's wife on an 'excursion' and not expect trouble?

How much trouble should you get into for taking a woman on an excursion when she tells you the guy she is living with is her brother? Would you honestly go a stick a gun in some guys face over it? If you're wife willingly went on an excursion with another man you've got problems with your wife and your relationship. Smarter to sort those out than go armed, dangerous and foolish. Would you expect to not have holy shit rain down on you if you did that in your own country?

Edited by saroq