Phuket taxis and beach businesses ‘must be brought into line’

Lite Beer

When has Phuket business' ever cared whether they have repeat customers? The answer is never. It's gouge the customer every chance they get and to hell with repeat business. It all goes back to the live for today, tomorrow will take care of itself mentality.

I first visited Phuket over 30 years ago. it really was paradise, and was for many years but over the last 15 has

gone down hill rapidly, I feel sorry for the people who spent megabucks on property here, their paradise is rapidly

becoming a nightmare, and tourists are too savvy, and will look elsewhere. very sad to see watch how they are killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the son of the Mayor of Phuket being the taxi boss in Phuket, and the police in cohorts with the Jet Ski industry. Who in the hell expects anything to change. coffee1.gif

Actually.......only the editor of the news source that cannot be mentioned.

he is dead set crazy!

He actually believes that his persistent ravings will be the cause of the changes, if/when the changes happen,which is very unlikely anyway.

culinary arts Thai cooking school students complain everyday of their Bangkok Taxi experiences! The Bangkok solution is simple. Post mobile camera crews randomly shooting plates of taxis that leave without a passenger after stopping and after the potential passenger has asked for a ride that by his leaving empty means he declined the passenger a few million such tickets and taxi licence loss will fix the situation.

Edited by Rimmer
Commercial link removed

With the son of the Mayor of Phuket being the taxi boss in Phuket, and the police in cohorts with the Jet Ski industry. Who in the hell expects anything to change. coffee1.gif

Actually.......only the editor of the news source that cannot be mentioned.

he is dead set crazy!

He actually believes that his persistent ravings will be the cause of the changes, if/when the changes happen,which is very unlikely anyway.

I have met him on several occasions, and as far as he is concerned he is the arbiter of all problem/solutions on Phuket.

i know most of my stressfull situations in the past are mostly from either taxi,or tuktuk experiences,every time i get in a taxi i am just wating for the extortion to begin....they are all a bunch of lazy losers,who couldnt hold down a regular job so the lay around all day and prey on tourists,but i know lots of thais who have bad experiences with them too...this will never end and is the same in vietnam,avoid them when possible,use public buses,and do your home work,ask someone you can trust ''how much should i expect to pay to from A to B...knowledge is power...

Well, at least somebody is saying something. I don't recall any official on Phuket speaking out as clearly as this on the subject.

IMO though he is wrong: "“This is a responsibility of local officials. We have to go on site. Each type of business must set up a group, appoint a group leader, set rules and lay down methods to prevent the beach from becoming untidy."

This is exactly why there are problems. Phuket government officials should be responsible, not local officials. And if that does not work, which it clearly has not over the years, the central government should take its responsibility.

Well the last one that did(National Parks Director)was transferred back to Bangkok within 5 weeks for questioning unlawful development on National Park land...Rotton to the core with corrupted officals all the way down the line!!

“Tuk-tuks and taxis cannot act like mafia,” V/Gov Jamroen said. “They can’t just set up a rank in front of a hotel. They must not be allowed to threaten or smash up limousine counters. For this I have to ask for the help of the police.”

Ask the police?.....This joker doesn't know the taxies/tuktuk thugs pay the police for the scam turf they occupy?

Right.

Just another scammer pretending to be interested in tourists well being...

tourists need to be informed, but i guess thai law might enforce it up to you, expat, if you dare to speak up and inform internationally via websites and others

censor is well and alive in this country & forum