Thai Students Looking For A German Teacher.....

sirchai

Hello,

I've realized that some schools are teaching German, but -of course by Thai German teachers-.Results are similar to the quality of Thai students learning English, taught by Thai English teachers an hour a week by copying something from the board into their notebooks, without speaking the language.

Sorry, I do know that there're many very good Thai English teachers out there, but I do believe the majority aren't speaking English when teaching it and therefore not very effective in teaching this language.

Therefore, I would like to offer my service ( of course with a wp) to those students from Benchama school studying German, ( Ubon R. ), other schools in Ubon Ratchathani/ Sisaket area.

Private people are more than welcome as well, my program is affordable and very effective in learning such a difficult language.

I've got some years experience in teaching the German language to all age levels.

Preparation courses for those Thais who want to go to a German speaking country, will also be covered. Please page me for any further information.

German from beginners to advanced.

Age group:3 to 100. Good day. Guten Tag- biggrin.png

• Like 1

In this age of the build-up to The ASEAN community a lot of emphasis is being spent on trying to get Thai students to 'come up to speed' with the International Language of that community. They are lacking when compared to a lot of the other countries.

I wish you luck with your business.

I would have thought that the Teaching in Thailand forum would b the best place for you to glean some information about the qualification that you need and Work Permit etc.

And only then seek clients or a teaching post (or both) near your locality.

One point you would be wise to understand when seeking to bring the real language skills into a school where the standard of German teaching is theoretical at best is that if you present yourself as a shining example of perfection and by your manner and comments cause the resident Thai German language teachers to loose face among either students or the head teachers your working life there will be short indeed.

Your teaching skills and language skills are of low importance compared to the ability to play the game of supporting the incumbent staff, make them look good then you stand a chance, but come in with the idea that you can change the world and make "them do it right" - you will fail from a great hight.

• Like 1

I would have thought that the Teaching in Thailand forum would b the best place for you to glean some information about the qualification that you need and Work Permit etc.

One point you would be wise to understand when seeking to bring the real language skills into a school where the standard of German teaching is theoretical at best is that if you present yourself as a shining example of perfection and by your manner and comments cause the resident Thai German language teachers to loose face among either students or the head teachers your working life there will be short indeed.

Your teaching skills and language skills are of low importance compared to the ability to play the game of supporting the incumbent staff, make them look good then you stand a chance, but come in with the idea that you can change the world and make "them do it right" - you will fail from a great hight.

Yes I know another German who was teaching (not German language) for a short period in a university in Ubon.

The first thing he said when he started: I am going to be the best teacher here. This did not go well with the other teachers, and he didn't last long...............coffee1.gif

Thanks for your great advice. My post was just meant for those Thais, (or foreigners) who'd like to learn German in Ubon Ratchathani/Sisaket area.\

I'm offering my service to those who're already learning, or planning to learn this language.

It was never my intention to be a 'shining example of perfection'' at a school,,as I'm already working full time, teaching another language.

My point of view regarding many Thai English/German teachers was just my own personal opinion.

Unfortunately, I do not want to change this world and therefore won't fall from a great height. -wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

Even if I believe there is a certain demand of German speaking Thais here out of my experience it is almost impossible to teach the correct German grammar- and then it just sounds awful.

Well, honestly you shouldn't teach them lower Saxony German, or Bavarian. High German, without any slang, or dialect is necessary. I've met many students who were exchange students at a German high school, only being there for one year, with a very good command in German.

Honestly,it's very similar to any English speaking countries regarding grammar. Many Germans can't speak proper grammar.- Guten Tag.-wai2.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for your great advice. My post was just meant for those Thais, (or foreigners) who'd like to learn German in Ubon Ratchathani/Sisaket area.\

Not sure if this English forum is a good place to advertise, but it might be worth having a word with any local Germans (like Frank in Livin' in the Past, for instance)?

Best of luck.

Where does the demand come from?

The only Thais that are interested in learning German are ladies with the immediate prospect of visiting Germany for marriage-purposes. Thais are aware of the fact, that English is the universal-language.

I have 2 Thai-Stepdaughters, asking me to teach them German. My reply was swift:

- Improve your English AND

- Start learning Chinese (Mandarin) and forget about all the rest!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Are you quiet sure about the same(easy) grammar especially when it comes to" der,die,das" and things like the difference between dativ and akkusativ,are you?

I never said that German grammar is easy to learn. What about the difference between nominative and genitive?

Please feel free to check this link:: http://german.about.com/library/blcase_acc.htm wai2.gif

The only Thais that are interested in learning German are ladies with the immediate prospect of visiting Germany for marriage-purposes. Thais are aware of the fact, that English is the universal-language.

I have 2 Thai-Stepdaughters, asking me to teach them German. My reply was swift:

Cheers.

I'd think Thais speaking "Switzer Dietsch" would be very hard to understand, roughly speaking.

The Chinese learning process at Thai schools doesn't seem to be very successful.

Ever thought about your stepdaughters speaking three languages perfectly and the better chances to get a good paid job?-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

I personally know Sirchai and endorse his post. You want to learn what he offers then go for it. thumbsup.gif

Thanks transam. Why do I have the feeling that I'd declared a war,by just offering a service?

I personally know Sirchai and endorse his post. You want to learn what he offers then go for it. thumbsup.gif

Thanks transam. Why do I have the feeling that I'd declared a war,by just offering a service?

Remember, those who are NOT interested in your service will post some perhaps negativity,BUT those who are interested will take stuff on board. AND, l have backed you up regarding your service. smile.png

• Like 1

Hey sirchai,no offense intended go for it.every additional language to your first one is a great improvement.may some English folks should think about it.I am just saying that perfect German is almost impossible to learn due of the tricky grammar. Even my grandma hasn't got it right after 53 years...just saying.anyway go for it and some people will be very grateful.

• Like 1

Cheers.

I'd think Thais speaking "Switzer Dietsch" would be very hard to understand, roughly speaking.

The Chinese learning process at Thai schools doesn't seem to be very successful.

Ever thought about your stepdaughters speaking three languages perfectly and the better chances to get a good paid job?-wai2.gif

Not to worry, I would not teach them "Schweizer-Deutsch", I would actually teach them "Hochdeutsch". (Can do!)

At any rate, my "Hochdeutsch" will always be better than some "Aussie-Outback-English" or Londoner "East-End"-English that some people have the audacity to teach (and sell) to Rural-Thais, claiming this is "English". Reputable English-Language-Schools in Bangkok (that supply work-permits), insist on English-english teachers or American-english teachers these days.

In my younger years, I also felt, that the more languages one knows, the better. So I learned French and Spanish also. Except for ordering breakfast and booking a hotel room on short vacations to those countries, I never had any use for those languages. The business language in those countries is also ENGLISH.

Unless having definite relocation plans and opportunities to relocate to a specific country, the learning of a "side-language" (of no international importance), is a waste of time and effort. I am afraid, that neighter "Schweizer-Deutsch" nor "Hochdeutsch" qualify as a "Wold-Language".

This is what I explained to my 2 stepdaughters, and they understood.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Not to worry, I would not teach them "Schweizer-Deutsch", I would actually teach them "Hochdeutsch". (Can do!)

At any rate, my "Hochdeutsch" will always be better than some "Aussie-Outback-English" or Londoner "East-End"-English that some people have the audacity to teach (and sell) to Rural-Thais, claiming this is "English". Reputable English-Language-Schools in Bangkok (that supply work-permits), insist on English-english teachers or American-english teachers these days.

In my younger years, I also felt, that the more languages one knows, the better. So I learned French and Spanish also. Except for ordering breakfast and booking a hotel room on short vacations to those countries, I never had any use for those languages. The business language in those countries is also ENGLISH.

Unless having definite relocation plans and opportunities to relocate to a specific country, the learning of a "side-language" (of no international importance), is a waste of time and effort. I am afraid, that neighter "Schweizer-Deutsch" nor "Hochdeutsch" qualify as a "Wold-Language".

Cheers.

Your right swissie,i come from out back australia and neighter and wold dont come from where we come from.smile.png

• Like 1

Cheers.

Cheers.

Your right swissie,i come from out back australia and neighter and wold dont come from where we come from.smile.png

I know that Aussies have a good sense of humor. I also know that Aussies are sometimes equipped with a rough outer skin but have a inner disposition that includes straightforwardness, down to earth honesty, and if one has an Aussie-Friend, one might have a friend for live, regardless of what happens.

This is confirmed by my brother, that lives in Australia since 1982. Good on him.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Your right swissie,i come from out back australia and neighter and wold dont come from where we come from.

Your writing is in jest I hope?

Your right vs You're right vs You are right ??

As for Thais seeking German language skills I know of a larger village not far from us where German is sought after predominately by the ladies of the second order who learn some basics in Pattaya.

Finding a target market locally that are prepared to pay for some education in this area might be the path to take.

One point that I consider is lost within those for whom teaching language is their prime focus is that casual learners need a rough framework and achieve early success with useful words around which the detail of grammar and tense verbs are added in time with increasing skill. When building a car you start with a rough body shell not from the tires, followed by wheel nuts then brake assemblies....

Your right swissie,i come from out back australia and neighter and wold dont come from where we come from.

Your writing is in jest I hope?

Your right vs You're right vs You are right ??

As for Thais seeking German language skills I know of a larger village not far from us where German is sought after predominately by the ladies of the second order who learn some basics in Pattaya.

Finding a target market locally that are prepared to pay for some education in this area might be the path to take.

One point that I consider is lost within those for whom teaching language is their prime focus is that casual learners need a rough framework and achieve early success with useful words around which the detail of grammar and tense verbs are added in time with increasing skill. When building a car you start with a rough body shell not from the tires, followed by wheel nuts then brake assemblies....

You're right,just having a joke with swissie.And my english is not good,left school when i was 15.thumbsup.gif

I have a German friend who teaches German at the language school opposite Robinsons on Chiang Kun Road. Previously it was one student that came in from Sisaket purpose was to learn before going abroad to study. However last time I saw my friend he stated that the school is preparing 20 students for a class. Demand does exist but not to the level of English for obvious reasons. Good luck with your business any language that will assist the students is certainly welcome.

• Like 1

I have a German friend who teaches German at the language school opposite Robinsons on Chiang Kun Road. Previously it was one student that came in from Sisaket purpose was to learn before going abroad to study. However last time I saw my friend he stated that the school is preparing 20 students for a class. Demand does exist but not to the level of English for obvious reasons. Good luck with your business any language that will assist the students is certainly welcome.

Thanks for letting me know where to find them! Will do it for a little less............. If I were Thai. laugh.png

Wouldn't post such "details" about your friend, regarding wp. Auf Wienerscnitzel.-wai2.gif