Promenada: Best Movie Experience In Town

Greenside

While I don't want to make light of that, when was the last time you or anyone you trust checked the doors at Major? The only way to be really satisfied about the exit situation is to check them every time you sit down to watch a movie.

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

Let's not repeat the whole Locked Doors thread here - it's still running on page 2. It's an important issue but only one of the many dangers we face here that we'd let the State manage for us if we lived in a more developed country and my point in starting a new thread was just to let you know that aside from that it's a really good place to go to see a movie.

Let's not repeat the whole Locked Doors thread here - it's still running on page 2. It's an important issue but only one of the many dangers we face here that we'd let the State manage for us if we lived in a more developed country and my point in starting a new thread was just to let you know that aside from that it's a really good place to go to see a movie.

I have not seen a movie there but was out there looking around.

How did the seats compare with the ones at Airport Plaza?

They had their super duper high priced sofa on display and they did not even come close to the ones at Airport Plaza in theater 7.

Do you have to go to the Promanada and hope to find the movie you want to see when you are there or do they have a website set up now. Or a phone number with an English speaking person there?

I don't think the locked exit doors by the screen are a big problem for several reasons:

1. The theater employees open the doors at the end of the show, not totally sure there were locked or just closed.

2. If the lower exit doors were locked anyone could unlock them from the inside within seconds.

3. The doors where you enter are always open and provide an easy exit all the time.

4. Finally, it is my understanding that the theater management has been made aware of this problem and may have changed it's policy on the exit doors.

• Like 1

Hi,

I wasn't really impressed with the cinema to be honest. I also went to see World War Z in screen 4 I believe. I was disappointed in a couple of things. Firstly, it wasn't a digital projector and it was actually slightly out of focus. Secondly the seating wasn't the best, width wise they are very good with a decent space between you and the people sitting next to you but leg space was terrible. I'm not tall, only 5ft 10", so quite an average height, even so I had to position my knees exactly between the two seats in front so that my knees didn't keep banging the chair in front. Because of this, the person behind was always nudging my chair throughout the movie.

On the plus side, the sound was very good and the popcorn was very salty, how I like it!

Maybe I was just unlucky but from first impressions I would definitely say that Majorcineplex is the better cinema.

Edited by Pillion

While I don't want to make light of that, when was the last time you or anyone you trust checked the doors at Major? The only way to be really satisfied about the exit situation is to check them every time you sit down to watch a movie.

Well said.

And here's another point. Years back there was an old massive theatre complex in Bkk, since demolished, I think it's now Discovery Centre.

They went through a routine of unchaining the doors just when every movie was about to begin.

But what most customers didn't realize was that on the outside there was lots of pallets of various goods right up against many of the doors, often two or more levels high, and cars parked bumper to bumper, as close as possible to the building, at other doors.

The door locking put me off. I'll stick to Major until they stop that nonsense.

Go to many movies at the airport grab a seat in the back row,

have yet to see people get up and check the fire exits they all just sit where they are during and after the announcement of where they are.

I* am still trying to figure out why every one was using the fire exit instead of the main one at the Promanada, At the airport they use the main exit.

have yet to see people get up and check the fire exits they all just sit where they are during and after the announcement of where they are.

I* am still trying to figure out why every one was using the fire exit instead of the main one at the Promanada, At the airport they use the main exit.

The reason I used the exit at the Promanada was because the ushers opened both exit doors at the end of the movie and signaled for everyone to exit that way. It seems for some reason they did not want anyone to exit the way they came in. This may be to prevent people from getting out of one movie and then ducking into another without paying, but that is just a guess.

The reason I used the exit at the Promanada was because the ushers opened both exit doors at the end of the movie and signaled for everyone to exit that way. It seems for some reason they did not want anyone to exit the way they came in. This may be to prevent people from getting out of one movie and then ducking into another without paying, but that is just a guess.

You must have missed the thread where the poster said the emergency doors were locked and some how the guy at the head of the line managed to unlock them by playing around with them.

You could very well be rite as to the reason for using the side doors. Or they might be playing the movies so close together they have a big crowd out side the main entrance.

I don't know but I for sure will be going to a movie there as soon as I can figure the schedule out with out going there.

Went to see World War Z today at the Airport. Sat in the honey moon section seats were comfortable. But They could have had a little more leg room. I see from one of the earlier posters that the leg room at the Promenada could be a bit more accommodating.

Any other opinions on comfortable of seats. I already know I don't like their 350 baht ones and it is not because of the price.

Edited by hellodolly

Saw World war Z at the Airport Plaza today .A really dire movie i thought .People exited by the same doors we came in .Good seats ,great sound system and quality viewing for B150 though ..

OP sounds like a shill. Did you see Superman in 3D over there? It's all about the visual experience and as an aside, the seats at Airport Plaza are fine. I wonder what could bring a more enhanced experience. I guess I will have to go and post a review.

To be fair if your that worried about health and safety then your probaly living in the wrong country wink.png

There is a big difference between being aware of unsafe areas / things vs handing your life over to idiots you lock you inside a fire trap.

Being aware and making informed decisions keeps you alive. Throwing caution to the wind and trusting Thais to do the right thing will make you another statistic and one more foreigner accidentally killed in Thailand.

Besides, why risk being locked in a theater when I can see the same movie at Major (which has been renovated) where they don't lock anything? No brainer.

I wasn't really impressed with the cinema to be honest. I also went to see World War Z in screen 4 I believe. I was disappointed in a couple of things. Firstly, it wasn't a digital projector and it was actually slightly out of focus.

It wasn't a digital projector? That's kind of shocking. I thought that all new theaters were digital. I can't imagine the extra cost and work that dealing with reels has to be compared to digital. I'm not doubting you but that's really incredible.

I'm behind I guess but are they locking the emergency exits? No, I don't check the emergency exits when I visit a theater but the whole point of an emergency exit is to provide an exit in an emergency. The idea that you would be in a darkened theater with a fire and the doors you run to would be locked is a bit crazy.

Hi,

I wasn't really impressed with the cinema to be honest. I also went to see World War Z in screen 4 I believe. I was disappointed in a couple of things. Firstly, it wasn't a digital projector and it was actually slightly out of focus. Secondly the seating wasn't the best, width wise they are very good with a decent space between you and the people sitting next to you but leg space was terrible. I'm not tall, only 5ft 10", so quite an average height, even so I had to position my knees exactly between the two seats in front so that my knees didn't keep banging the chair in front. Because of this, the person behind was always nudging my chair throughout the movie.

On the plus side, the sound was very good and the popcorn was very salty, how I like it!

Maybe I was just unlucky but from first impressions I would definitely say that Majorcineplex is the better cinema.

Thanks for the information about the seats. I was mentally planning a visit there with the family after reading the OP but I am 6ft 5 and would have no hope at being comfortable.

Do they have seats where there is an aisle in front for people to walk across the cinema? I might be able to stretch my legs there.

OP sounds like a shill. Did you see Superman in 3D over there? It's all about the visual experience and as an aside, the seats at Airport Plaza are fine. I wonder what could bring a more enhanced experience. I guess I will have to go and post a review.

Well if you do post a review, you might try to make it intelligible.

I mentioned why I liked it - seats good for me (although I'm only five seven and don't have a bum the size of Bangkok), great sound, clean, new and they don't have the most noisy and obnoxious area on the planet for people buying tickets and waiting to get in.

Just thought the info would be handy for some of you rather than crap about Carl's Jnr.

Really, this place....

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

I mentioned why I liked it - seats good for me (although I'm only five seven and don't have a bum the size of Bangkok), great sound, clean, new and they don't have the most noisy and obnoxious area on the planet for people buying tickets and waiting to get in.

Just thought the info would be handy for some of you rather than crap about Carl's Jnr.

Really, this place....

Completely agree with the obnoxious waiting area at airport plaza, an assault on the ears!

Hi,

Thanks for the information about the seats. I was mentally planning a visit there with the family after reading the OP but I am 6ft 5 and would have no hope at being comfortable.

Do they have seats where there is an aisle in front for people to walk across the cinema? I might be able to stretch my legs there.

There was a row like that although I don't remember the which row. As I said before, it could have just been the screen I was in but I doubt it.

Really, this place....

Ha! You got TV'd. To be TV'd means that you tried to do a public service and instead got grief from people because... well it can be for any reason.