Jealousy.......

theblether

Thai. 200 families in the village. I would say 6% only not overtly jealous of what I have bought to the village, even though I have added significant wealth locally (in comparative terms) And a lot of them have benefitted. They just don't get it.... And this I put at the door of a very poor education system.

That said, believe me I love living here..... I can forgive their jealousy, as, I might well be the same as them if the circumstances were reversed. I totally get that.

Farang. Don't start me on the down and outs that wish they could have achieved something tangible in their lives. I don't forgive them. They are from the west, they are educated to a certain level, and they could have made a better life for themselves. Nuff said.

Point to note..... no one in my CM condo is jealous of me. ......Go figure.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, of the many emotions that I feel when I come to Thailand ...

... jealousy is not one of them.

I suppose that, at heart, I'm fairly happy with my lot.

I see guys with girls prettier then mine ... but my gal's my best friend

and I wouldn't give that up for all the rice in the pledging scheme

and man ... that's a hell of a lot of rice ... w00t.gif

Guys are younger ... but I'm more hansum (so she tells me)

and I have experience on my side.

People have more money ... but lot's have lot's less.

Doesn't mean that I don't covert or desire for anything.

... but Jealousy ... Hell No !

i never see a girl more PRETTIER than mine as i love her so much ...

Thai. 200 families in the village. I would say 6% only not overtly jealous of what I have bought to the village, even though I have added significant wealth locally (in comparative terms) And a lot of them have benefitted. They just don't get it.... And this I put at the door of a very poor education system.

That said, believe me I love living here..... I can forgive their jealousy, as, I might well be the same as them if the circumstances were reversed. I totally get that.

Farang. Don't start me on the down and outs that wish they could have achieved something tangible in their lives. I don't forgive them. They are from the west, they are educated to a certain level, and they could have made a better life for themselves. Nuff said.

Your compassion overwhelms me

Jealousy is a disease. It can affect people in different ways and can lead to disastrous consequences..How many murders have been committed because one partner believed their partner was misbehaving without any proof. Jealousy rears it ugly head and logic flys out the window

I'm jealous of Andy's self control.

I wish I had the mental strength he has.

And my big dog is jealous of my little dog.

You're being silly.

You're upset because I've told everyone that you were banned previously as DIDDUMS and HUMBUGGED.

You'll get over it. Be strong.

Edited by andrew

I'm definitely the jealous type: My TGF said she would never leave me for anyone .... except Michael Schumacher.

But that was almost 10 years ago. Michael S. has not shown up yet so she's still around.

I am jealous only on my own self. I was taught such way.

One day i am in hubba bubba mood, the other I could saw off the guy I see in my bathroom mirror, with a shotgun.

Asking blether, do you have such a low life that makes you ask such a question to others. ?

I am jealous to none . . . if you are rich and show it around, so what. I know poor paupers, they have a better life than a lot of the riches.

Looking around, I'd say a lot of jealousy is going round. Otherwise I cannot explain the amount of gold chains around necks and red plates on cars.

Not to mention village talk, the topic always is directed by jealousy

Your compassion overwhelms me

Do you think anyone reading your posts is Jealous or just most everyone else ?

I'm fortunate in as much that I am never Jealous of someone better off than me,and I can honestly say I can always view friends big houses,new cars and luxury items and honestly feel pleased for them,that they have done well for themselves. What really lets me down,if someone were to make a play for my wife (or even hint at it),then things could really turn nasty!

Someone mentioned keeping up with the Jonese's,for me they all died sometime in the sixties i'm pleased to say.

• Like 1

One day i am in hubba bubba mood, the other I could saw off the guy I see in my bathroom mirror, with a shotgun.

Asking blether, do you have such a low life that makes you ask such a question to others. ?

I am jealous to none . . . if you are rich and show it around, so what. I know poor paupers, they have a better life than a lot of the riches.

Looking around, I'd say a lot of jealousy is going round. Otherwise I cannot explain the amount of gold chains around necks and red plates on cars.

In a word,"Yes"!

On another note,how exactly is this thread Thailand related?

I'm fortunate in as much that I am never Jealous of someone better off than me,and I can honestly say I can always view friends big houses,new cars and luxury items and honestly feel pleased for them,that they have done well for themselves. What really lets me down,if someone were to make a play for my wife (or even hint at it),then things could really turn nasty!

Someone mentioned keeping up with the Jonese's,for me they all died sometime in the sixties i'm pleased to say.

Jealousy is oddly enough not confined to people who are better off than others , I have always found it exceptionally odd that a fairly high or at least higher than it seems sensible to me would exist , number of people are jealous of people who are actually much worse off than them , people who are disabled or poor and on welfare with no real education or hope in hell of any decent life who are "lazy and refuse to work" or some other explanation that would tend to indicate jealousy sometimes rather than disdain some of the other times. People sometimes say things like " I wish I was on unemployment and didn't have to work " Or I wish " I was on food stamps " or similar things that are really absurd in reality and they would change their mind real fast if they found themselves in those situations.

• Like 1

I'm sorry.......I forgot you were so illustrious, all future topics will be passed to you for approval before posting. facepalm.gifcoffee1.gif

What really lets me down,if someone were to make a play for my wife (or even hint at it),then things could really turn nasty!

Is she pretty? wink.png

But of course, and no you can't come around for a Beer biggrin.png

One can desire money - ideally not directly but for the things it can buy.

One can even be "greedy" about that level of desire, what or who you're willing to sacrifice for that goal.

All without having any feelings of "jealousy" or "envy" behind your motivations.

Those negative emotions are indeed inherently harmful IMO.

When I learn that my friend or acquaintance has landed a great job I am genuinely happy for them. I may feel a twinge of "wouldn't that be nice" and yes that may inspire me to achieve the same goal, but I would only use these emotional terms for those who actually wish to deprive the other of their rewards or to to beat them in some kind of imaginary competition.

Sometimes fleeting is enough eek. Many a person will have suffered at the explosion of jealous rage. I wonder how many members have been of the receiving end of jealousy by their partners? sad.png

Exactly why we wouldn't want to put others through the same, and can see the harm it does to the person with those feelings too.

At their root is insecurity, the feeling that you're "not good enough", probably from poor parenting pattern in early life.

Or maybe a previous Wife/Husband or Partner has let them down very badly,which has left permanent scars?

Edited by MAJIC

No wonder if people are jealous in a thai-western relationship if it started in a bar. If my gf was a former bargirl that thought it was ok to sell sex for money, and I was ok with buying the same service then I guess it would be a challenge trusting each other for not repeating our former actions.

Sometimes fleeting is enough eek. Many a person will have suffered at the explosion of jealous rage. I wonder how many members have been of the receiving end of jealousy by their partners? sad.png

My wife would let the Gestapo look like unskilled interrogators !

• Like 1

I don't experience jealousy in Thailand because nobody views me as a threat. I never display any wealth and I stay in a simple Thai hotel. I don't flirt with the men, so Thai women don't pay much attention other than to look at my hair.

• Like 2

I don't experience jealousy in Thailand because nobody views me as a threat. I never display any wealth and I stay in a simple Thai hotel. I don't flirt with the men, so Thai women don't pay much attention other than to look at my hair.

What are you talking about, Dear???

You lost me or I lost you?

"I don't experience jealousy in Thailand because I vew no one as a threat - I'm the wealthiest, the most beautiful... etc. so My man doesn't pay attention to other women" - arguable, but makes sense.

On the other hand, the way you put it,-

"Nobody views me as a threat, therefore nobody feels jelous about me, - because I'm poor, or ugly or old and never flirt with men, etc...." - I doubt this, but it would make sense.

The way you put it - I cannot see the logic, sorry. facepalm.gif

ABCer wrote:

rene123 wrote:

What are you talking about, Dear???

You lost me or I lost you?

"I don't experience jealousy in Thailand because I vew no one as a threat - I'm the wealthiest, the most beautiful... etc. so My man doesn't pay attention to other women" - arguable, but makes sense.

On the other hand, the way you put it,-

"Nobody views me as a threat, therefore nobody feels jelous about me, - because I'm poor, or ugly or old and never flirt with men, etc...." - I doubt this, but it would make sense.

The way you put it - I cannot see the logic, sorry. facepalm.gif

ABCer I don't see the logic in your patronising and frankly offensive post. You have taken a straightforward, sensible and plausible post by Rene, misquoted it, inferred meanings that were clearly never intended and then claimed you don't understand.

What's all that about?

Edited by GooEng
  • Like 1

Farangs in Thailand seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs back home).

Incorrect. Farangs on TV seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs that actually have a life).

A remarkable admission after 6900 posts

• Like 1