Jealousy.......

theblether

I think the bigger question is, why do people assume that others are jealous.

I believe those are the truly insecure.

No need to assume anything. Just let people stew in their own juices. If they are jealous then that is their problem. If not then who cares. Just pay attention to your own actions and leave the rest to others.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many actual case histories here... we tried for a year or so to find a Farang for agirl we know, teaching her English amongst other things.We were happy to hear that she had found one. After a few weeks the guy takws her shopping and made the mistake of blowing a kiss at the sales lady on leaving. He got thrown out for that.

I think the bigger question is, why do people assume that others are jealous?

How about people assume that others are not jealous then get a shock when they find out they are?

Observe the replies about relationships being ruined by jealousy.

I think the bigger question is, why do people assume that others are jealous?

How about people assume that others are not jealous then get a shock when they find out they are?

Observe the replies about relationships being ruined by jealousy.

I guess I should have been more clear. I wasn't refering to personal relationships.

• Like 1

Farangs in Thailand seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs back home).

Incorrect. Farangs on TV seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs that actually have a life).

A remarkable admission after 6900 posts

Ahhhh... the quaint jealousy of the sub-five hundred 'Senior' member.

I'm jealous of Andy's self control.

I wish I had the mental strength he has.

And my big dog is jealous of my little dog.

You're being silly.

You're upset because I've told everyone that you were banned previously as DIDDUMS and HUMBUGGED.

You'll get over it. Be strong.

You seem fixated with your fantasies.

Are you jealous ?

Farangs in Thailand seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs back home).

Incorrect. Farangs on TV seem to be disproportionately jealous (compared with farangs that actually have a life).
go on then, 32 more replies to this thread and you are on 7000. I'm jealous..... Wish I had that many posts! Edited by iancnx

just a recent jealous incident that i experienced today and thought it would be good to share with you guys

i was in my usual pub earlier today and just as usual, i had fish n chips. what got me was the bloke 2 tables away from me who ordered shortly after me.

not only did he receive his meal first but was of a bigger portion at the same price. now, thats some serious jealousy going on inside me

That often happens to long time customers. There is a café I go to where I get extra service and the odd extra treat. The owners daughter will bring me a piece of fruit or a pastry no charge.

just a recent jealous incident that i experienced today and thought it would be good to share with you guys

i was in my usual pub earlier today and just as usual, i had fish n chips. what got me was the bloke 2 tables away from me who ordered shortly after me.

not only did he receive his meal first but was of a bigger portion at the same price. now, thats some serious jealousy going on inside me

Report to NanLaew immediately for detention!

There's a gory picture story in Phuketwan today that's all about jealousy.

A Belgium man didn't like the way his bargirl GF was flirting with a younger, better looking farang, so gave her a belting when back home. She responded by stabbing him repeatedly with an iron spike, She then took him to hospital with both covered in blood.

He's in a serious condition.

Edited by Old Croc

That's the truly dangerous end of jealousy Old Croc. One that I think a fair few guys here have seen.......

On a related note, Thai men can react wildly at the slightest provocation, real or imagined, in regards to their women.

Occasionally working construction (not on our condo or home developments... but on things like putting up fences, building walls around property, tiling, etc.) with my 300 Baht a day workers, which I try to do several times a year.... those periodic 'keeping up with the Lamsams' type feelings disappear pretty quickly with the dirt and sweat.

smile.png

Occasionally working construction (not on our condo or home developments... but on things like putting up fences, building walls around property, tiling, etc.) with my 300 Baht a day workers, which I try to do several times a year.... those periodic 'keeping up with the Lamsams' type feelings disappear pretty quickly with the dirt and sweat.

smile.png

Working side beside people does tend to break down barriers doesn't it.

go on then, 32 more replies to this thread and you are on 7000. I'm jealous..... Wish I had that many posts!

Without body language and intonation it's hard to know if this is an excellent play on the subject matter.

However I would still like to add quality over quantity! wai.gif

smile.png

Unlike pen pushers on a day off. whistling.gifwink.png

smile.png

Well, not quite as it's still like being a prince around his subjects... but it does help to remind me to appreciate what I sometimes take for granted.

smile.png

smile.png

Not if one wants to maintain a reasonable personal space. I don't intrude on my staffs' personal lives, and I don't expect them to intrude on mine.

SC

smile.png

Not if one wants to maintain a reasonable personal space. I don't intrude on my staffs' personal lives, and I don't expect them to intrude on mine.

SC

I wasn't including mixing managers and staff in every day office work, in my simple comment, but more in the lines of everyone working together to solve a common problem that affects everyone. I can't abide people who get their hands dirty to help everyone with a common problem.

smile.png

SC

I wasn't including mixing managers and staff in every day office work, in my simple comment, but more in the lines of everyone working together to solve a common problem that affects everyone. I can't abide people who get their hands dirty to help everyone with a common problem.

I'm guessing you missed a "will not" in there, and it should read "I can't abide people who will not get their hands dirty..."