Making sure you have the right cell phone plan?

applies only to Blackberry... Same as their iPhone plans apply only to iPhone users...

All your posts seem confusing. I do not understand the Blackberry and iPhone references? Do you have one or both of these devices?

I am pretty certain you can add a 200 SMS package for 150 baht each month to your existing AIS post-paid plan. Just ring AIS.

applies only to Blackberry... Same as their iPhone plans apply only to iPhone users...

All your posts seem confusing. I do not understand the Blackberry and iPhone references? Do you have one or both of these devices?

I am pretty certain you can add a 200 SMS package for 150 baht each month to your existing AIS post-paid plan. Just ring AIS.

I own neither a blackberry nor an iphone.

AIS has packages including SMS that are specific to blackberry and iphone, but do not apply to other devices.

The screenshot you attached seemed to apply specifically to blackberry devices (my mistake).

But since it was from the GSM advance page, it didn't apply to my 3G postpaid plan anyway.

And yes, I found the 200 SMS on top here:

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-postpaid/th/package-detail/14/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A1%20SMS%20MMS

Edited by manarak

Interesting that the TrueMove H bundles are available for pre-paid. I don't think I remember seeing a pre-paid bundle here before, other than some odd 'buffet' options.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/entry/616

That iSmart 499 package (1 GB/64 Kbps FuP/250 min) is pretty decent. I have 1.5 GB (64 Kbps FuP) + 180 minutes for 529/month from DTAC (post-paid).

But since it was from the GSM advance page, it didn't apply to my 3G postpaid plan anyway.

OK, I didn't know that you specifically had AIS 3G/2100 (AWN), but it is good that they offer the same 200 SMS/150 baht package with AIS 3G/2100 (AWN) and they did with GSM Advance (AIS).

I assume you just got confused by the snapshot I included which showed a "Blackberry" pull-down arrow immediately above the "SMS/MMS Lovers" option?

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

AWN have a ton of post-paid plans:

Xtra Pack: iSmart, iPhone, Smartphone Smartphone: 750 MB/150 min: 399 baht; 1.5 GB/300 min.: 599 baht, among two sweet-spot plans. iSmart: 500 MB/150 Min: 339 baht; 1 GB/150 min: 509 baht, again just two sweet-spot plans.

Xtra Talk: several voice only plans

Xtra Net: iPad, NETSIM

Xtra On Top: Internet, WiFi, SMS

AIS also have a discounted plans when you purchase a new phone.

The OP's advice is spot-on.

How do I activate one of these programs on my phone? I like the 399thb 750MB/150 min plan and I called last week and confirmed with AIS CS that it was available once we switched to 2100 but I can't find where I wrote down the code. Now I'm all switched over and called AIS CS back and they are telling me there are no plans that include voice and internet available.

I know that can't be right, I just need the code to activate the plan myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AWN have a ton of post-paid plans:

Xtra Pack: iSmart, iPhone, Smartphone Smartphone: 750 MB/150 min: 399 baht; 1.5 GB/300 min.: 599 baht, among two sweet-spot plans. iSmart: 500 MB/150 Min: 339 baht; 1 GB/150 min: 509 baht, again just two sweet-spot plans.

Xtra Talk: several voice only plans

Xtra Net: iPad, NETSIM

Xtra On Top: Internet, WiFi, SMS

AIS also have a discounted plans when you purchase a new phone.

The OP's advice is spot-on.

How do I activate one of these programs on my phone? I like the 399thb 750MB/150 min plan and I called last week and confirmed with AIS CS that it was available once we switched to 2100 but I can't find where I wrote down the code. Now I'm all switched over and called AIS CS back and they are telling me there are no plans that include voice and internet available.

I know that can't be right, I just need the code to activate the plan myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

So after searching the AIS site without luck I called the CS again hoping to get the code needed. This time I was told it's no problem to get the 399thb 750MB/150 min plan and with vat it's 427 +30th for switching plans. They gave me the code *777*51# and when I hung up I used the code, was charged the 457thb and received an sms saying I was activated.

So now I want to check how many calling minutes I have as the sms only mentioned the 750MB. Called the *121# and would only give me balance and net usage but said 0 minutes. Called AIS again (these calls are not free btw) and again on hold for like 10 mins and was told they see no 150 mins included in the plan. Was told they would research it and call me back and when they called back she had no more info from the last time we spoke. She didn't see any minutes and needs to escalate to the next level and I am supposed to receive a call back tomorrow. Of course I asked how about me placing calls until then and she said I'll probably be charged at the new rate and not use any of my just paid for minutes.

It's all quite a mess and I'm none to happy about it. I've been with AIS for over 10 years and always found them accommodating when dealing with the CS. I just hope this time it works out or I will just have the number ported over to DTAC or TRUE and be done with AIS.

AIS customer services seem to be sinking under pressure from English speaking customers.

If you call Customer Care, you will probably not be able to talk to anybody and you will have to leave a message, with the promise that they will call you back within one hour. Sometimes they call you back, but not always.

E-mails to Customer Care will get an auto response that they will answer within 24 hours.. They do not and not.

All their websites are in Thai with no English pages. Most of their Facebook pages have vanished.

I think they have big problems

So after searching the AIS site without luck I called the CS again hoping to get the code needed. This time I was told it's no problem to get the 399thb 750MB/150 min plan and with vat it's 427 +30th for switching plans. They gave me the code *777*51# and when I hung up I used the code, was charged the 457thb and received an sms saying I was activated.

Are you a pre-paid customer? Or post-paid? Do you have an Android phone? There is a new AIS app. in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ais.mimo.eservice

Is your balance being depleted when you make voice calls, assuming you've not exceeded your 150 minutes? Can you simply direct the AIS CSR's to the web-page/promotion?

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/promotion_detail.aspx?type=super_value&id=2

All their websites are in Thai with no English pages.

This is not unusual as during any major transition, in this case to 2100 MHz, web pages get created first in Thai then in English. I assume that they'll have English-language versions soon.

• Like 1

AIS Customer Care should not force you to leave a message and promise to call you back. Then nat call you back. They should not send auto replies to emails promising to answer within 24 hours and then not reply.

This is not Customer Service

Are you a pre-paid customer? Or post-paid? Do you have an Android phone? There is a new AIS app. in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ais.mimo.eservice

Is your balance being depleted when you make voice calls, assuming you've not exceeded your 150 minutes? Can you simply direct the AIS CSR's to the web-page/promotion?

http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/promotion_detail.aspx?type=super_value&id=2

All their websites are in Thai with no English pages.

This is not unusual as during any major transition, in this case to 2100 MHz, web pages get created first in Thai then in English. I assume that they'll have English-language versions soon.

Thank you for that. You posted the link to the page I spent so much time looking for but just couldn't find.

I did receive a callback and sms from AIS this morning informing me that to check minute balance use the code *121*2#

Not sure why they couldn't tell me that last night.

of course when I enter *121*2# it responds I have no free minutes. So now, back on the phone to AIS and they are forcing em to leave another VM for a return call. What's even more ridiculous is that calls to the AIS call center for AIS customers is not free.

Edited by Jayman

Are you able to determine if you are paying for voice minutes?

Can you use the Android app? Or even the web-based e-Services platform?

There are Android apps. which allow you to monitor voice, data and text usage, and which prompt you when you reach definable thresholds. I assume you want to know when you reach 150 minutes? Maybe so you cans top making calls?

Droid Stats is pretty good for this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nitro.phonestats&hl=en

Remember that minutes get rounded up. So a 61 second call represent two (2) minutes.

I used the android eservice app to see that the calls I have been placing since the plan started are not costing anything. So I do have free mins. It's just I can't figure out how to ask AIS how many free minutes are left. Evevery answer they have given me just reports 0 mins left.