who has ever seen this cement in Pattaya

Dirk_brijs

I am looking for this cement

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=16102

the reason I am looking for it is that it is widely used in the aquarium industry as it doesnt leak any chemicals in the water which could effect any life inside your tank.

Anyway I know it is available in Thailand as it is marked as a produced item on the official Thai BASF site.

I have the wife contact one of the numbers on the site but they seem very reluctant to talk to individuals and kept asking how many pallets I wanted to order??

So it must be available and might be available at any of the home centers or more specialized cement stores around maybe?

Has anyone ever seen this?

It could also come in a different kind of bags but is always called EMACO with different numbers

anyone maybe has contacts with any of the BASF plants and could me a more suitable number to call maybe?

it could have been the way the wife talked to them too you never know lol

I am currently not in town so maybe could have a look around.

Thanks

Yes Dirk, just ask for the cheapest BG and your thread will be hundreds of posts.

Of course, it's pretty rare stuff you are looking for.

Apart from that, you asked about a year ago the same question in another forum and that was a forum on fishery, tanks, ponds, etc.

Seems that you are just asking something weird.

Get your wife to call them again and give her this script:

Wife: "Hello, I want to buy xx bags of Emaco GP. Can I buy directly from you?"

BASF: "NO, we only sell by the pallet. How many pallets do you want?"

Wife: "I only want xx bags. Can you give me the name of a shop in (your location) that will sell me xx bags of Emaco GP please...?"

BASF: "Sure, try calling....."

Remember where you are - you gotta ask the right questions to get the right answers...

Failing that try calling their head office number in Bangkok yourself and ask to speak to someone who speaks English - I would be surprised if a multinational like BASF has no English speakers at their Emporium Tower office.

If that fails try filling out the "Contact Us" form on their website.

Or ask for German speaker, if I remember correctly Dirk can speak German. (BASF is a German company)

issue is that I am in Australia right now for the next 3 weeks

also the wife had asked the exact question but the office of BASF kept persisting how many pallets we wanted to order?

Order 5 pallets C.O.D. and when arriving..........take 2 bags, pay them and leave the rest on the truck.

mmm not too sure if that would work but thanks for the idea

it must be available somewhere though right?