Mcilroy still poor!

dogpoo

I don't think anyone doubts that nike clubs perfrom much differently, but I think the psychological issues could stem from knowing that you've changed clubs and playing something different. Are you really that obtuse that you don't realize it? I doubt anyone would say that a good swing with a titleist would put the ball on the green, and the same swing with a nike would give you a banana slice.. It's just the psychology of knowing something has changed.

I have no idea why you would post and refer to someone being obtuse! This is a discussion about the problems Rory is having, no one knows exactly what is going on, I am speculating because that is what forums are for and that is what some people do, if you have something to contribute then contribute without insinuating someone is obtuse!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do hope that Rory gets back on track soon.

How is Nike taking this, golfing star starts using their clubs and has a playing melt down, how can this help their sales?

It's all about the old sayin "90% of golf is played on 3 inches, the 3 inches between you ears" I hope he gets his head sorted soon.

Nike must have concerns, you don't shell out that sort of money without expecting results, he is under extreme pressure from all sides, yep it's all in the head, he is young so should be able to overcome the problems eventually, maybe the next two tournaments will be crucial!! Come on Rory!!

I would imagine Rory's super package would have to be performance based and maintaining world ranking?

If that is the case I guess he is already way down on financial expectations.

How is Nike taking this, golfing star starts using their clubs and has a playing melt down, how can this help their sales?

It's all about the old sayin "90% of golf is played on 3 inches, the 3 inches between you ears" I hope he gets his head sorted soon.

Nike must have concerns, you don't shell out that sort of money without expecting results, he is under extreme pressure from all sides, yep it's all in the head, he is young so should be able to overcome the problems eventually, maybe the next two tournaments will be crucial!! Come on Rory!!
I would imagine Rory's super package would have to be performance based and maintaining world ranking?

I am sure he will pull himself out of this rather long slump, if his contract is performance based then at some point Nike will pull the plug, as I said before you do not invest such a large amount of money without expecting the brand to be at the forefront!! lets hope his next outing is the start of his comeback!

I am sure he will pull himself out of this rather long slump, if his contract is performance based then at some point Nike will pull the plug, as I said before you do not invest such a large amount of money without expecting the brand to be at the forefront!! lets hope his next outing is the start of his comeback!

Rather long slump? What makes you think this is a "long slump"? From a professional golfing perspective I would rate it long when it exceeds 2 years, or something in that region.l

Why is this such a big deal for you? It's not as if the world comes to an end just because Rory's swing is messed up. And even i it is, why do you expect him to get back in form this year?

Tiger hasn't won a major in five years...

I don't think anyone doubts that nike clubs perfrom much differently, but I think the psychological issues could stem from knowing that you've changed clubs and playing something different. Are you really that obtuse that you don't realize it? I doubt anyone would say that a good swing with a titleist would put the ball on the green, and the same swing with a nike would give you a banana slice.. It's just the psychology of knowing something has changed.

I have no idea why you would post and refer to someone being obtuse! This is a discussion about the problems Rory is having, no one knows exactly what is going on, I am speculating because that is what forums are for and that is what some people do, if you have something to contribute then contribute without insinuating someone is obtuse!!

I wasn't actually replying to you. You seem a bit uptight.. How's your swing?

I wasn't actually replying to you. You seem a bit uptight.. How's your swing?

Ah so who was you referring to then? I have no idea how my swing is as I choose not to play golf any longer!! Me uptight, never!!

Rather long slump? What makes you think this is a "long slump"? From a professional golfing perspective I would rate it long when it exceeds 2 years, or something in that region.l

Why is this such a big deal for you? It's not as if the world comes to an end just because Rory's swing is messed up. And even i it is, why do you expect him to get back in form this year?

But Tiger has had two top ten finishes in majors and has won four tournaments, including a WGC event and The Players Championship, in 2013 alone.

Hardly a valid comparison to Rory's problems.

But Tiger has had two top ten finishes in majors and has won four tournaments, including a WGC event and The Players Championship, in 2013 alone.

Hardly a valid comparison to Rory's problems.

Yup, Tiger played his best golf between 2010 and 2011...

Not one PGA victory. Injury? Personal business?

Tiger has had two distinct periods of swing issues.

post-98752-0-63397000-1374812895_thumb.p

Edited by Rimmer
Baiting

I have not bothered about a couple of rumours on the tour....but, there is a lot of talk about Rory's girlfriend right now. Apparently, it's not the girl as such, but Rory's tendency to spend time between tournaments on airplanes to get to whatever location she's at.

If this is true, Rory's game is piss poor simply because he's not working hard enough.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is Rory's first real girlfriend...which would explain why he's so obviously obsessed with getting his stick polished...

I have not bothered about a couple of rumours on the tour....but, there is a lot of talk about Rory's girlfriend right now. Apparently, it's not the girl as such, but Rory's tendency to spend time between tournaments on airplanes to get to whatever location she's at.

If this is true, Rory's game is piss poor simply because he's not working hard enough.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is Rory's first real girlfriend...which would explain why he's so obviously obsessed with getting his stick polished...

Love can have a dramatic effect on everything, if this is the case then at some point he will come to terms with it and start playing well again, it would be a shame to see his golf continue to suffer all because of a women, he is young and can't be blamed for falling in love, good luck to him, as a follower I want him to be at the top again, maybe he needs his gf to be his full time caddie!! what a fantastic round of golf by Tiger!!

I did mention at the start of this thread that his gf might be the cause of his problems, he needs to sit down and think about how to make his golf and relationship work where both are not effected, easier said than done I am thinking!!

I did mention at the start of this thread that his gf might be the cause of his problems, he needs to sit down and think about how to make his golf and relationship work where both are not effected, easier said than done I am thinking!!

I thought your point was that the clubs should be blamed.

I thought your point was that the clubs should be blamed.

Initially that is what I thought, I think the equipment is a problem because he has a problem with his emotions, I am quite sure if there wasn't a women involved he would be back on top, obviously everything I say is my speculation, I don't know how you go about controlling your feelings where love is concerned, it's wrecked me a couple of times in my life, Rory comes across as a great young lad, he could become one of the all time greats but he has to learn like many other golfers who have gorgeous wife's or gf's to subdue his feelings whilst at work!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He'll be back. He has the talent, just needs to sort his short game and putting out...

Seems to me he is just going ever backwards! the problem now is he must be feeling very down and dejected, difficult to find motivation and a way out of this bad slump, there must be pressure from Nike, they took him on in the hope it would put there gear in the limelight(of course it already is with other golfers, since he switched it has only been shown in a bad light(for one player anyway, if I was the sponsors I would be seriously considering dropping him, how can you give a golfer all that money and not expect the very best performance, come on Rory sort it out before its too late!!

• 1 month later...

It can't be bad being Rory, he is not performing but still earning enormous money, what a great life for a young lad, the pressures of being in the spot light must be huge though, his gf is going through the same thing, stay strong Rory, ignore the press and keep plugging on, the form will return eventually!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app