Old Thai work permit & company

If you did not file any tax reports, the company will have been closed down. However, the managing director will subject to fines or worse.

If you did not extend your work permit (and it sounds like you didn't), it will have expired. The government might still be waiting for your last PND 91 though.

All in all, not a good idea to just leave the country without bringing your affairs in order.

• Like 2

So who would you contact in Phuket to be able to get that information?

What would be nice to know is if another company offers you a work permit how would you know if you can accept that work permit or not just so you would not get in trouble later on because of the old work permit.

Not sure if am making any sense but thanks anyway.

If you are the former company's owner, you will know whether you closed it down properly. If you were not the owner, it's not your problem.

As for your previous work permit, you will be the only one to know whether you filed a tax report, and whether you reported to the labour department when your employment came to an end.

I am not sure whether this is what you are asking, so I don't know whether you are making sense and I am just not getting it. If you want someone to check with the labour department and the tax department before you arrive in Thailand (and I would recommend that, if I understand your situation correctly), I would ask a lawyer to do that for you. They can be expensive but it sounds like that would be your only way to return to Thailand without the fear of getting arrested at the airport. You might be fine, who knows.