seed suppliers in Chiang Mai?

Hi guys,

First post here... Im staying outside Chiang Mai in the Maejo University area. Im looking for a place to buy small packets of seeds for a small garden. I want to find a store that has a large selection of vegetables, flowers, herbs, fruits, etc, as seed. I found a medium sized nursery north out past Maejo but they only has seedlings and live plants. I could not communicate with them because im pathetic and can barely speak a word of Thai (been here two weeks, etc, but im super awkward and shy). I was able to get a telephone number though and ill try to have a Thai speaker talk to them. I read in another post about AFM group, but im still not sure exactly where that is. I went biking last night and I think I may have seen it but im sure it was closed, ill check on Monday. Can anyone tell me a place with a large selevtion of seeds? Please provide major cross streets nearby or I will not be able to find it!

search Waroros Market chiang mai on http://maps.google.com they got all sorts of stuff in there.

have to go inside off the street. seeds may be for eating. not 100% certain but worth a shot and worth a look anyhows. search Chang Phueak market also worth a shot but you got to go there early morning as they close afternoon or before that even

Kam Chiang market (rear of big tesco-lotus, just off the super highway. #11) There are different sections of the market. One section deals mostly with water features, pumps pipes, hydroponics, etc. Most of those shops have a huge selection of seeds. Flower, veg, etc.

Off Trat Wong.

Google Earth: 18 48' 24.80" N 99 00' 47.53" E.

Regards.

search Waroros Market chiang mai on http://maps.google.com they got all sorts of stuff in there.

have to go inside off the street. seeds may be for eating. not 100% certain but worth a shot and worth a look anyhows. search Chang Phueak market also worth a shot but you got to go there early morning as they close afternoon or before that even

was at Chang Phueak market today around 11am and it was substantially closed, didnt see any seeds in the stalls that were open, doesnt mean that they dont have them somewhere. but you have to get there close to dawn to see it in full swing and fully open. prices are good. i think this market is a base supplier to other retailing outlets.

Edited by ttwitt

Please excuse me TF, my inability to type a degree sign ° has led you to Ankara in Turkey. Hope 'ya had a hard hat with you!smile.png

Try this: 18°48'24.80"N 99°00'47.53"E

Regards.

Edit: copy/paste into google Earth.

Edited by teletiger

• 2 weeks later...

above at somphet market down lane 6 off Moon Muang road

below Waroros Market closest to river

post-566-0-02821200-1373703658_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-00345700-1373703669_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-56983900-1373703681_thumb.jpg

from Waroros Market above then across the road under the red pedestrian bridge go inside then third or fourth isle on left

Edited by Tywais
Converted to attachments

Required info,

if you are still able to edit your post can you please resize your images

It means constant scrolling left to right to be able to read other people's posts

Converted to attachments now.

attachicon.gifWyyPo7O.jpg

above at somphet market down lane 6 off Moon Muang road

below Waroros Market closest to river

attachicon.giffFCRYrC.jpg

attachicon.gifB1ig39c.jpg

from Waroros Market above then across the road under the red pedestrian bridge go inside then third or fourth isle on left

if looking for particular seed this is the original order/layout. edited into above in this post.

Edited by requiredinfo

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, I forgot about this Co. in CM. I think these a the seed

used with the "Take Me Home" brand that's sold at The Mall

Hyper Mart stores. Not sure if they sell small packs or farm size

cans. Go to their seed link www.dutchgreenery.com

rice555