Suvarnabhumi Airport Customs seizes 11 million baht worth of crystal meth

webfact

Customs Dept seizes 11 million baht worth of crystal meth

cm.jpg

File photo: Crystal meth

BANGKOK, 1 July 2013 (NNT) - The Customs Department has seized over 3 kilograms of crystal meth or known as 'ya ice'. The 11 million baht worth of drug was confiscated at Suvarnabhumi Airport while being smuggled out of the country.

According to the Customs Department, the 3.1-kilogram crystal meth was found on a female passenger identified as Salinee Phuang-nin who was traveling to Laos's Vientiane. The drug was hidden in her suitcase.

An official said the arrest came after an intelligence report claiming there would be a female passenger carrying drug through the airport. The officials then made random searches and found Ms Salinee who was coming from Delhi and waiting for a flight transfer carrying 3.1 kilograms of crystal meth, worth up to 11 million baht in street value.

At this stage, she denies all charges and says the suitcase belongs to one of her relatives who asked her to deliver it to a Nigerian living in Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-01 footer_n.gif

She knew exactly what she was doing. "It's not my suitcase" is the worst excuse in the book. If you're carrying something for someone through an airport you better know whats inside because with the scanner technology your most likely going to get busted.

But if your going to risk it, why go with the suitcase? The scanners always catch that stuff, better to stick it up your bum and walk through the metal detector. But sooner or later Thailand will catch up and get the full body xray machine...

http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/airport_xray_scanner.jpg

She knew exactly what she was doing. "It's not my suitcase" is the worst excuse in the book. If you're carrying something for someone through an airport you better know whats inside because with the scanner technology your most likely going to get busted.

But if your going to risk it, why go with the suitcase? The scanners always catch that stuff, better to stick it up your bum and walk through the metal detector. But sooner or later Thailand will catch up and get the full body xray machine...

Quite right........what's the first question you are asked at check in........

" Did you pack the suitcase yourself? "

Reply yes and you're responsible for the contents. It's as simple as that.

I don't have as liberal an attitude as PoodMaiDai on this subject either. The vast majority of these drug mules know exactly what they are doing, and they do it voluntarily for the money.

They then all cry foul when caught, hell mend them.

Oldest trick in the book, sacrifice the decoy and run a truck load through while the BiB are celebrating. coffee1.gif

I would think that if she was thrown to the wolves they would have been more accurate in their description, rather than having Customs search everyone coming through.

"......she denies all charges and says the suitcase belongs to one of her relatives who asked her to deliver it to a Nigerian living in Thailand."

It seems she has been given a life sentence of terminal stupidity.

Some people are gullible enough to carry some one else's bags. Especially coming from a family member. But with drug dealer family doesn't matter. A mule is a mule.

Maybe they don't want it ? Many countries are not using those... on purpose.

Some countries that where forced to use it stopped years later.

Its not the person killing themselves with meth that particularly saddens me, that is people making their own choices. What saddens me is that they tend to bring down lots of other people (particularly family) with them. And the family is really powerless to do anything except stand by and watch the disintegration. They have no choice.

• Like 1

Its not the person killing themselves with meth that particularly saddens me, that is people making their own choices. What saddens me is that they tend to bring down lots of other people (particularly family) with them. And the family is really powerless to do anything except stand by and watch the disintegration. They have no choice.

there is a choice pete albeit a not very loyal one,,grass them up when buying it get em put away maybe that might help,,mmmm but under the law here if you agree to re-hab you dont go away,,,just shot meself in the foot there,if only i was wearing my amulet,,,,,,,,w00t.gif

Thailand has the body ex-ray machine, we have all seen the condoms in the stomachs in drug bust articles here on TVF, from the airport.

Oldest trick in the book, sacrifice the decoy and run a truck load through while the BiB are celebrating. coffee1.gif

3kg is a bit much for just a decoy. 100 gr would've done the trick as well!

How much do you think it was actually worth? 100,000 baht maybe? 200,000?

The police in my home town are notorious for inflating the value of busts, to make themselves look good. My pals run a counterfeit DVD operation, they make 10,000 copies for pennies, when the police seize the goods the figure is always 10,000 x the retail value. Complete nonsense.

People that know how this drug game works know sacrificing decoys and a bit of product is the cost of doing business, and soaping the BiB is part of it too. A big bust like this makes the police look good and gets the superiors off their backs. Don't be kidded, this drug game is managed by the police. In some cases for kick backs, but more often managed in the " correct " sense........they would rather allow certain people to control the drug supply so that they can keep tabs on what's happening rather than create a free for all, which is a nightmare for them.

That free for all is where the violence occurs, and the police would rather allow controlled dealing than spin around the cities followed by hearses every day.

• Like 1

I seem to recall that 1.3 tons of crystal has be confiscated over the past year,

so if my memory is correct, the 3 kilos are a drop in the bucket.

And could have very well been a decoy.

I don't have as liberal an attitude as PoodMaiDai on this subject either. The vast majority of these drug mules know exactly what they are doing, and they do it voluntarily for the money.

Ah sure, I've been travelling a fair bit so far, and only 3 times I got the questions if I packed my bags or left them unattended somewhere...

The girl is very likely a mule and was maybe even forced into this mess.

So, before stating she was well aware of it, make sure you know the complete story before you hang her with your self righteousness...

Ah sure, I've been travelling a fair bit so far, and only 3 times I got the questions if I packed my bags or left them unattended somewhere...

The girl is very likely a mule and was maybe even forced into this mess.

So, before stating she was well aware of it, make sure you know the complete story before you hang her with your self righteousness...

Only 3 times you say? garbage. laugh.png

Now give us all a laugh and tell us how many flights you've taken. coffee1.gif