Top 3 little known but amazing attractions of Thailand!

I am in Nakhon sawan and last April I was offered a 5 day trip to the Phuket area. We travelled overnight by tour coach, the first place we visited was a revalation and would recommend this for a place to visit, just of route 401, west of Surat Thani. 12 kms north of the 401 was the Ratchoprapha Dam. You are taken by boat from a point to the east of the Dam wall north, spectacular scenery, warm water and you swim with the fish, well worth a visit.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about Phi Mai Historical Park Craig. Well worth visiting.

Quite a few years ago my Thai family and a few others including monks went on a Wat crawl to Chiang Mai visiting every Wat between Chonburi and Chiang Mai . We visited this ancient city somewhere west of the main highway. It could have been near Kamphaeng Phet and it was sacked by the Burmese a few times over the past 800 years . It had these massive walls on three sides and a pretty wild river on the forth side. It could have been 2 or 3 km from wall to wall and had quite a few buildings still standing . Amazing place but nobody thought it was relevant to say where it was. Can anybody give me a name or location.

The third place worth visiting is Prapadaeng on the other side of the Chao Phraya River opp Khlong Toei . I have yet to go to the Sri Nakron Khruen Khan Park but i have been told that it is a jewel in the heart of Bangkok.

Doi Inthanon -- highest mountain in Thailand. Ride all the way to the top on a motorbike if possible. Wonderful ride, weather, air, views, etc.

Hot Springs National Park at Fang. Don't know the name, but it's the only one there. Neat little cabins overlooking the Springs for rent cheap if you book off season. Great massages there, too.

Forget the name of the 3rd place. It's a large Royal Project around 20 KM SSW of Fang. Ang (?) Something. But it's the only one up there and it's right on the Myanmar border.

Would the third place be this ?

Royal Project Foundation,สถานีเกษตรหลวงอ่างขาง,ดอยอ่างขาง,Mon Pin,ม่อนปิ่น,ฝาง,fang,Chiangmai,เชียงใหม่ 19°54'4.20"N 99° 2'33.00"E