Khao Kheow Golf: rip off on single golfers

henry2109

I have not played the Khao Kheow golf course for a long time, so today I decided to play a round and went there. For Wednesday, they have a special green fee, which is 800 Baht (+ caddy fee + tipp).

As I wanted to pay my green fee, they wanted to charge me 2'000 Baht (+ caddy + tipp), and the reason was that I came as a single golfer. They explained "800 Baht is special price only for 2 players, not for 1". I told them that I would be happy to join any flight, but that would not change anything. By the way, the course was totally empty, I could have easily played alone without disturbing anyone.

When I asked for an understandable reason for such policy, one lady in the proshop quickly asked "you pay or not?", which I answered with no and left.

Obviously they do not want single golfers as customers, and luckyly, there are plenty of other golf courses around.

So the Wednesday special is actually 800 Baht (+ caddy fee + tipp) for groups of 2 or more players?

Many courses have similar specials. Some give discount vouchers that only apply if you play in a group of 4, and only one person in the group can use the discount voucher.

• Like 2