Ford ranger wildtrack 2012. Retracting roller tonneau covers?

Boots

Hi all, I saw a retractable, lockable, tolling metal tonneau cover on a new model wildtrack. It was at the service stops between Bangkok and pattaya, could find the owner to asked where they sourced it.

I have the ute and I'd like one of these covers. Does anyone know who or where a supplier of these may be found in Bangkok. They seem very practical and useful. These are hard, not soft btw, like a horizontal roller door.

Cheers Garry

Thanks for those links guys. Much appreciated. I see some rangers are offered with these as standard in some countries. The product is manufactured in Denmark by mountain top. I emailed them for a price and it was ballpark 1300 euro plus freight and import tax. Very exy but great looking quality.

The company also told me that ford Thailand had some limited units in stock but I am yet to chase a price down. The ration lock models seem reasonable, I can't quite work out where their drain hoses lead to though.

I wonder how watertight they are as water would just sit on the top. A small amount of water gets into my Carryboy ... and yes I wouldn't buy another Carryboy!

I have the raitonlock roller cover on my Wildtrack and yes it also leaks. Yet to test a full storm but the installation requires the use of silicone along the sides. As mentioned above there were also four drain pipes installed which allow for water on top of the cover to be drained underneath. If I know what I know now I wouldn't have installed it but then again if you want to keep the Wildtrack rear bar and side rails there aren't any other options (to my knowledge) available locally.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just re focusing your knowledge and experience with this little new ford ranger issue. Has anyone else had / have this problem.

A loud clicking from in behind the dash. Last 4 or 5 seconds. Happens randomly.

From my research I have found it is a mixer cover for blending hot/cold air in the venting system in behind the dash.

I really don't want a ford technician to pull my whole dash apart after my last ford service experience. Has anyone else had this problem? And better still, had it rectified?

My friend in Oz has his in the ford dealer at the moment with same issue. Looking forward to all your ideas. Cheers Boots.