Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

This a warning to all the silly, insensitive people on this forum who post messages which in any way condone what Adolf Hitler did during WW2, or make light of it, or turn it into some kind of joke. If I see posts like this in future I will report you to the moderators. For your information, there were millions of people who suffered during WW2 as a direct result of the barbarians led by Hitler. This is not something to be laughed about. This is not, as one poster stated so stupidly, to be regarded as: "it's funny". People all over the world suffered from this Devil called Hitler, notably in France, Poland and Russia - and above all, of course, it was Jewish people who suffered and were killed. Some of the comments here are seriously offensive, and I would request that people who make them should be banned from this forum. "Adolf Hitler" was not some "funny" guy that we can mention as a joke. He was a fascist dictator who brought untold misery to millions of people throughout the world. I would suggest that if you visited one of the death camps, as I have done - Dachau or Auschwitz (Oświęcim), which have become 'museums' - you might gain some insight into what happened during WW2. Maybe after that you would stop making your silly, offensive comments.

what you have said is all fair comment, but in applying this the same thing must apply to any comments on Chairman Mao, Josef Stalin, Mussilini, Julius Cesear, Pol Pot etc etc...as all are guilty of similar acts of genocide as the man in question

• Like 1

Hah, what a great idea! Why doesn't someone educate those guys that if Hitler was here, ALL of Thai population would have been slaughtered because they're not 'of the pure race'. Did anyone think about that? Idiots.

Actually they would all be growing rice to feed the workers who were building Greater Germany.

• Like 1

Ah yes, Bluespunk

Going for the brass ring on that goddamned Hitler thing are we ?

Well while you're talking genocide and wallowing in "winner's history" how about giving us your version of what. Israel's "Children of the Dream" are doing to the men women and children in Gaza.

What on earth makes you think religion has anything to do with my views on genocide. It is evil no matter who carries it out.

This is argumenteum ad logicam or an embarrassingly obvious straw man argument.

Nobody was saying anything about religion, now were they ? Until ****you**** decided to bring it up here.

Genocide is wicked no matter who does it.

Nobody . . . . . No-bo-dee! gets a pass on ethnic cleansing and/or genocide in my books.

Facile claims of "self defense" are the favored old canards of the warmongering class.

If that is the case then your original post makes no sense to me, what in my post made you claim I gave anyone a 'free pass on genocide', please do tell.

Hah, what a great idea! Why doesn't someone educate those guys that if Hitler was here, ALL of Thai population would have been slaughtered because they're not 'of the pure race'. Did anyone think about that? Idiots.

May I suggest you read up a bit more on Hitler's ethnic cleansing and who it was directed at . . . it could save you from being termed and 'idiot'.

• Like 2

Hello,

This a warning to all the silly, insensitive people on this forum who post messages which in any way condone what Adolf Hitler did during WW2, or make light of it, or turn it into some kind of joke. If I see posts like this in future I will report you to the moderators. For your information, there were millions of people who suffered during WW2 as a direct result of the barbarians led by Hitler. This is not something to be laughed about. This is not, as one poster stated so stupidly, to be regarded as: "it's funny". People all over the world suffered from this Devil called Hitler, notably in France, Poland and Russia - and above all, of course, it was Jewish people who suffered and were killed. Some of the comments here are seriously offensive, and I would request that people who make them should be banned from this forum. "Adolf Hitler" was not some "funny" guy that we can mention as a joke. He was a fascist dictator who brought untold misery to millions of people throughout the world. I would suggest that if you visited one of the death camps, as I have done - Dachau or Auschwitz (Oświęcim), which have become 'museums' - you might gain some insight into what happened during WW2. Maybe after that you would stop making your silly, offensive comments.

I agree with you. My grandfather was a prisoner at Auschwitz. It's not funny. There was nothing funny about the genocide or what went on at the camps.

But I am curious about why there seems to be a fascination among some people in Thailand about Hitler. I believe that I read about nazi fashion there, and recently I watched "Jakkalan," which seemed to portray a character as something of a caricature of Adolph Hitler. While the caricature was not one that glorified Hitler, I wondered why anything related to Hitler might be portrayed in comedy. Hitler was not funny at all. Hitler chicken is not funny either. It's been mentioned that their icon looks like they used Colonel Sanders from KFC, and pasted Hitler's head on him could be a problem, couldn't it? Maybe especially if Thailand has any KFC?

But I think making "Chaplin Chicken" would be better, but not portrayed as Hitler, but as Charlie Chaplin. There does seem to be a lack of awareness of who Adolph Hitler was. I wonder how many people are wearing the Nazi fashion clothes just because it is popular, but have no idea what is wrong with it.

Hello,

what you have said is all fair comment, but in applying this the same thing must apply to any comments on Chairman Mao, Josef Stalin, Mussilini, Julius Cesear, Pol Pot etc etc...as all are guilty of similar acts of genocide as the man in question

Please educate yourself... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque Citing other despots does nothing to diminish the ridiculousness of this restaurant, nor the education system which make such establishments seem edgy and cool to the local populace.

But I think making "Chaplin Chicken" would be better, but not portrayed as Hitler, but as Charlie Chaplin. There does seem to be a lack of awareness of who Adolph Hitler was. I wonder how many people are wearing the Nazi fashion clothes just because it is popular, but have no idea what is wrong with it.

Not a bad idea. As a compromise they could depict Chaplin satirizing Hitler and then maybe everyone would be happy. But probably not!

post-37101-0-00891300-1373093438_thumb.j

• Like 1

This will be a long discussion, and perhaps that´s all that those Chicken people really wanted, create a scandal. Mission accomplished. The fact of the matter is, while Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot and associated dealt in the same business, they were not all in the same Geographic environment. To kill each other at some stage, and to forget and move on later, is an Asian thing. The newfound prosperity with Flatscreen TV and shiny car here is so much more important than to regurgitate the past endlessly (and profitably for the Movie makers...) We cannot bring the dead back anyway, can we? I find that quite endearing in a way. Hence the way that they deal with Hitler. The reverse applies in Europe, where it is a cultural item... the other key difference of course is that Mao didn´t lose a war, and that matters in the hindsight that the World takes

I dont see why anyone should be upset. The only thing that makes him worse than any other world leader is that he lost the War.

Really, that's all you see wrong with the genocide this man was responsible for?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Hello,

Please educate yourself... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque Citing other despots does nothing to diminish the ridiculousness of this restaurant, nor the education system which make such establishments seem edgy and cool to the local populace.

Of course the restaurant is in bad taste, but the fact remains Thailand is not alone is using depots in their advertising, whether for vodka, or chicken, the tone of this thread is suggesting that only Thailand guilty in doing things like this, but this is factually not true..and similar things have occurred in some so-called western educated countries...per the links I provided earlier

Stalin vodka

Chairman Mao's chicken in the US

US bikers wearing nazi iconography because they think its "cool"

this "news" item is such a load of old <deleted>.

the "journalist" concerned rehashed old photos from an unrelated story and could not even be arsed to get a photo of the place while it was open, let alone have words with the proprietor.

yet we are 14 or 15 pages on in a discussion about nothing.

Talking of the history of Siam. Surely everybody knows that Thailand has never been conquered. Because they threw their hands in cahoots with the filthy murderous evil Japs in WW2. wai2.gif

I'm sure I read that the Thai PM, of whatever his title was during WW2, wanted Thailand to side what the Japanese, and was stopped by the Thai people themselves.

A bit more complicated than that. Thais were happy to support the Japanese as 'partners' at first when they thought they were backing the winning side but things changed later when the Japanese showed their true colours.

Not every country was as principled as Britain. Thailand was looking after number one and understandable in a way considering even the 'neutral' Swiss were happy to help the Nazis whilst there was money to made.

• Like 1

"If you want to bash other countries that you don't like, star a new thread. While your at it do some research of facts. Look at Belgium's record in the Congo, how the US treated Native Americans, the Turks treatment of Armenians, Russia's record against Poles, Cossacks and even deliberate starving of its own people; France's record in North Africa and French Indo-China, etc etc"................ha ha ha ha ha

Do as I say, not as I do !

And joeaverage, I am beginning to think that some of your comments are very "average"

• Like 1

"If you want to bash other countries that you don't like, star a new thread. While your at it do some research of facts. Look at Belgium's record in the Congo, how the US treated Native Americans, the Turks treatment of Armenians, Russia's record against Poles, Cossacks and even deliberate starving of its own people; France's record in North Africa and French Indo-China, etc etc"................ha ha ha ha ha

Do as I say, not as I do !

And joeaverage, I am beginning to think that some of your comments are very "average"

thanks mike, i appreciate your attention.

having read your contribution to the thread, it is great to see what an exceptional poster like yourself can achieve with just a few words.

it is good to have that gold standard to aspire to.

• Like 1

Posters v Imposters

Not always straight forward distinguishing the honest posters from the dishonest imposters; differentiating the ones who are writing their views from the ones whose purpose is to be controversial, just for the sake of it.

I guess Notoriety beats Anonimity.

• Like 1

the "journalist" concerned rehashed old photos from an unrelated story and could not even be arsed to get a photo of the place while it was open, let alone have words with the proprietor.

Well your posts have certainly contributed nothing... Move along, Joe, if you think it's <deleted>. It seems many others are interested.

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)
I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Words of wisdom, live for the now. Hitler was years ago and this is Thailand.

Teenagers are rebellious - I wore a swastika t-shirt 30 years ago as Sid Vicious did.

Personally, I'd be more offended if it were Maggie Thatcher's or Gorge Bush's head on the Colonel Saunders guy.

It's only a little shop-house 'gai thot' restaurant anyway.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

Well your posts have certainly contributed nothing... Move along, Joe, if you think it's <deleted>. It seems many others are interested.

tom, do you not believe that a conscientious reporter would have actually stopped by the place when it was open?

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Words of wisdom, live for the now. Hitler was years ago and this is Thailand.

Teenagers are rebellious - I wore a swastika t-shirt 30 years ago as Sid Vicious did.

Personally, I'd be more offended if it were Maggie Thatcher's head on the Colonel Saunders guy.

It's only a little shop-house 'gai thot' restaurant anyway.

i would be more concerned if they were committing hate crimes rather than serving chicken

• Like 1

"In a 2002 BBC poll in Britain, Cromwell was selected as one of the ten greatest Britons of all time."........................................

Why does this comment not surprise me ? whistling.gif

And when I think about a despicable dictator I do not think of chicken, I think of Dubai.

tell me why it doesnt surprise you im very very interested in your thoughts,,,,,daisy,,,,