Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I am off to Pattaya, the mrs is doing some ironing, she has my Dammed, Ramones and Motorhead t shirts piled up in front of her, will I be ok to wear my Motorhead Cross of Iron t shirt?

Oh shit, she has just told me the Lemmy shirt has been ironed, if you want to confront an angry Thai woman with a seering hot iron, feel free, if you see me in Pattaya next week, please feel free to ignore me.

You allowed your wife to iron a Lemmy shirt? Sounds like you need to go home to Bon Jovi land. Paint your nails before you do....

Brilliant stuff, she couldnt understand why I once threw a pair of jeans in the bin, the same ones she had ironed with a crease straight down the middle, thankfully these cultural differences have now been "ironed out".

Thankfully she hadnt yet got her hands on my Stranglers, Hawkwind or Pink Fairies t shirts.

Tomorrow I am off to Pattaya, the mrs is doing some ironing, she has my Dammed, Ramones and Motorhead t shirts piled up in front of her, will I be ok to wear my Motorhead Cross of Iron t shirt?

Oh shit, she has just told me the Lemmy shirt has been ironed, if you want to confront an angry Thai woman with a seering hot iron, feel free, if you see me in Pattaya next week, please feel free to ignore me.

You allowed your wife to iron a Lemmy shirt? Sounds like you need to go home to Bon Jovi land. Paint your nails before you do....

Brilliant stuff, she couldnt understand why I once threw a pair of jeans in the bin, the same ones she had ironed with a crease straight down the middle, thankfully these cultural differences have now been "ironed out".

Thankfully she hadnt yet got her hands on my Stranglers, Hawkwind or Pink Fairies t shirts.

Mister, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging or the mighty 'Priest will snatch your children...

Post #490,

the mighty 'Priest will snatch your children..

Dont worry, I am sure old Adolf would have sorted good old Rob Halford out.

BTW, the mrs is still ironing, any requests, right now i am listening to Pink Fairies version of, waiting for my man, brilliant stuff.

BTW, if you want a pair of levis 501s 34/34, they are to be found in a skip in Bang Kapi.

Post #490,

BTW, the mrs is still ironing, any requests, right now i am listening to Pink Fairies version of, waiting for my man, brilliant stuff.

BTW, if you want a pair of levis 501s 34/34, they are to be found in a skip in Bang Kapi.

Nice one. Spray 'em with Pledge and they will be as good as new. Now get off your arse and get into Candlemass if you appreciate classical music.. Edited by baboon

Post #490,

Nice one. Spray 'em with Pledge and they will be as good as new. Now get off your arse and get into Candlemass if you appreciate classical music..

No chance, already told you the mrs <deleted>***ed them up.

As for clasical music, to me that means, Hendrix, Cream or Zepp.

Post #490,

Nice one. Spray 'em with Pledge and they will be as good as new. Now get off your arse and get into Candlemass if you appreciate classical music..

No chance, already told you the mrs <deleted>***ed them up.

As for clasical music, to me that means, Hendrix, Cream or Zepp.

Either include Black Sabbath on your list or I will have you arrested when you try to leave the country. I know a couple of quite senior police here in Chumphon who enjoy their music. It will just take a quick call to inform them someone who hates the Scorpions is attempting to flee..

Hitler fried chicken. Vee hav vays of making you buy it.

What are the odds on some other ignorant entrepreneur opening a shop trading under the name of Tojo Pad Thai right across the street?

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.
At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?

Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.
It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Have to disagree. Some things can never be forgiven and should never be forgotten. There are people still living with what pol pot and his murderous regime did. The revulsion at the evil actions hitler and stalin as well as pol pot carried out is something we can never let go of. To forget diminishes us as people.

Ask any Thai who Pol Pot is. They have no idea Edited by angiud
fixed quotes

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)
I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

I notice that you left out Bin Laden from your list, is that because Bin laden targeted Americans by any chance?

So you think that murder is not worth caring about? let alone mass murder.

You truly are a quality person. Well, I suppose if you experience it within your family one day, you may reflect back on your posts here with some form of remorse. Let's hope karma works in this particular situation.

Edited by klubex99
  • Like 1

you guys have totally lost me, isn't there another forum where you can discuss fairies and ironing? The guys here are discussing a lunatic mass murderer and his name.smile.png

I was looking for a poll in Der Spiegel in regards to young Germans knowledge of WW11 that I read a few years ago,but could not find the related article.

What I do remember was my astonishment at their total lack of knowledge about Hitler.

What I did find in my search was this article,

www.haaretz.com/news/hitler-was-a-german-soccer-coach-kids-tell-u-k-poll1.4621

So while Thai education has its failings in regards to history,the same can be said about many other countries education has its failings in regards to history.

It hurts me to say this but the ironing has become more interesting than the original topic. And who is going to start a thread about ironing ?

One of the reasons I like to read TV forums is because so many of the stories about the poster's wives and girlfriends are ones I can relate to.

I bought my missus a new iron and ironing board and she still managed to burn a hole into the carpet in our condo. Apparently it was not her fault. w00t.gif

Most Americans don't do ironing.

Sorry.... I was thinking of irony.

• Like 1

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

Would just like to point out that AnotherOneAmerican is not alone in his attitude of immediately forgiving and forgetting anything bad that happens in this world.

Apparently goldfish do it too.

Goldfish is understandable, its a fish with tiny brain, what is AnotherOneAmerican excuse?w00t.gif

He might be an Arian Nation member or something like that...

'Quote' 'Ask any Thai who Pol Pot is they have no idea'

The Thais in Bangkok may have no idea who he was, but here in Buriram where Khmen is spoken they certainly do. When I first came here every morning you could hear the guns going off as the Cambodian Army were shelling the Khmer Rouge. One morning I heard on the BBC radio that Pol Pot had died. I mentioned this to my wife and she said 'we knew about that three days ago'

Very Sad to say but this is not new......There has been a Hitler chicken here in Ubon Ratchathani for at least three years now. Also, people are often seen wearing T- shirts with the Nazi swastika (not Buddhist one), on them. I agree that it is the education system; they hae no idea what they are representing!

Does the name "Hitler" still exist today? Just curious if it still a family name amongst some people throughout the world and if it does would it be acceptable if they used their birth name in business?

He had relatives of course. I don't think it was ever a common name even in Austria, was it?

They traced relatives to the USA living under new names.

Bizarrely Hitler had a half brother who lived in Liverpool in the UK. It is claimed that Adolf Hitler visited Liverpool for a few months just before the First World War when he was dodging the draft! In the UK census of 1911 Alois Hitler was using the name Anton Hitler, working as a waiter in a Jewish cafe in Toxteth Liverpool! The house the Hitlers lived in was destroyed in one of the last German air raids on Liverpool which i suppose is poetic justice of sorts! Fascinating stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alois_Hitler,_Jr.

• Like 1

Something else to consider (not the Nazi thing) is that old Adolf pulled Germany out of a pretty serious recession in the 20's and gave the world the beetle.

I don't think he was elected (initially) on a policy of hatred...that came later and as a true politician sold this idea to the populace

He got the country working again..people found jobs

Great point! He also gave Germany the Autobahn

Only one tiny little flaw in that: the "jobs" he created were mostly such excellent things like weapon- factories and the Autobahn was not meant for speedy driving in fancy Porsches.

They were made, so tanks could drive on them.

War always is a great business- opportunity , isn't it!

Oh Adolf...you economic genius...

I wish some of you people would at least sometimes know, what they are talking about!

Hitler reconstructed the German economy my nationalizing the banks.

The tanks you speak of we're used to "invade" neighboring states that the Allies had forced Germany to relinquish after WWII

Your jive@$$ autobahn thing is propaganda.

Tanks are transported by rail :-)

The autobahn is graded and its curves are banked for driving ease.

You are just spouting propaganda.

Little bundle of joy, aren't ya'?!

You may have noted the undertone of sarcasm...or couldn't you see that, because it is dark, where your hjead is?

Hitler promised to give jobs and wealth to the Germans. And jobs he gave them. In the Army, in the weapon- factories and building roads and rails.

Yes, I know that tanks are transported by train, thank you very much!

How many cars were there in Germany in 1938, that Hitler had to build new Autobahns for them to drive on "eased"?

Lighten up buddy and don't pretend (yes, pretend!) to know everything!

• Like 1

My guess is they know but it's just they think he was a cool dictator. Nothing wrong with that. But kinda tacky.

BTW, I don't know why everybody gets "offended" by the sight of Hitler. He was a German nationalist. He did what he did. It's history and he's long dead now. I mean, would you be offended by the sight of a picture of Genghis Khan? I wouldn't.

• Like 1