Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an ignorant piece of marketing.

Has anyone asked the owner why he did it? He is probably (and very sadly) completely ignorant of any offence it may cause.

Now if he said."Hitler is my hero", then I would be very worried. Right now, I just feel sad that someone could be quite so ignorant of the world to innocently use this type of person as a marketing tool.

• Like 2

Does the name "Hitler" still exist today? Just curious if it still a family name amongst some people throughout the world and if it does would it be acceptable if they used their birth name in business?

Does the name "Hitler" still exist today? Just curious if it still a family name amongst some people throughout the world and if it does would it be acceptable if they used their birth name in business?

He had relatives of course. I don't think it was ever a common name even in Austria, was it?

He had relatives of course. I don't think it was ever a common name even in Austria, was it?

They traced relatives to the USA living under new names.

I don't know. If relatives use their family name of Hitler on a business sign would that be wrong as it is their birth name?

They traced relatives to the USA living under new names.

Yeah, I remember that and who could blame them?

Something else to consider (not the Nazi thing) is that old Adolf pulled Germany out of a pretty serious recession in the 20's and gave the world the beetle.

I don't think he was elected (initially) on a policy of hatred...that came later and as a true politician sold this idea to the populace

He got the country working again..people found jobs

Great point! He also gave Germany the Autobahn

Only one tiny little flaw in that: the "jobs" he created were mostly such excellent things like weapon- factories and the Autobahn was not meant for speedy driving in fancy Porsches.

They were made, so tanks could drive on them.

War always is a great business- opportunity , isn't it!

Oh Adolf...you economic genius...

I wish some of you people would at least sometimes know, what they are talking about!

Hitler reconstructed the German economy my nationalizing the banks.

The tanks you speak of we're used to "invade" neighboring states that the Allies had forced Germany to relinquish after WWII

Your jive@$$ autobahn thing is propaganda.

Tanks are transported by rail :-)

The autobahn is graded and its curves are banked for driving ease.

You are just spouting propaganda.

The Nazis followed the Roman model of road building to facilitate troop movements. I doubt Porsche's Volkswagens ever needed banked roads as they could be pushed quicker than driven.

Off topic, but it's interesting that the US Highway system was based on the German system. "Eisenhower gained an appreciation of the German Autobahn network as a necessary component of a national defense system while he was serving as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during World War II."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Highway_System_(United_States)

Has anyone asked the owner why he did it? He is probably (and very sadly) completely ignorant of any offence it may cause.

Now if he said."Hitler is my hero", then I would be very worried. Right now, I just feel sad that someone could be quite so ignorant of the world to innocently use this type of person as a marketing tool.

I semi agree with you point, but the owner did find the name and all the details, so the owner clearly knows who and what the person was.

If it was some bad English word, i would bite the ignorance excuse for not knowing the full meaning, but in this case, no doubt the "word" is very clearly explained all over the place, not to mention been discussed on national TV a few times.

The most recent one from memory is a wax museum in Pattaya who thought it would be good marketing, though quickly learned it was not

PS. Another fact to keep in mind is that the owner used KFC logo as well

Edited by lemoncake

Interesting, that the British are complaining the most. Don't they remember they themselves were responsible for genocide in Africa, India, Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth countries where the British imperialistic conquerors set foot.

but this sort of arguement just going round and round....

The US comitted genocide in Japan by dropped atomic weapons on civilian popuation centers, the Aussie committed genocide in attempting to wipe out the native inhabitants of Aussie...Juilus Ceasar commmitted genocide just about wiping out all the gauls etc etc

Only it was not Aussie but British

Its was Aussie's as well...but yes the British were involved as well...

The British empire was one of the most brutal in existance since the Romans...

Talking of the Romans they Colonised England for 400 years,among other Colonists!

Seems as tho Thai's aren't the only ones.

In India, Businesses Named After Hitler Defend Their Decision

What’s wrong with naming your business after Adolf Hitler?

So asks Rajesh Shah, the co-owner of Hitler, a menswear store in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, which opened earlier this month.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/in-india-businesses-named-after-hitler-defend-their-decision/

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

So asks Rajesh Shah, the co-owner of Hitler, a menswear store in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, which opened earlier this month.

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/in-india-businesses-named-after-hitler-defend-their-decision/

Interesting attitude, and yet when one Indian is assaulted in Australia, Indian government spits a dummy like Thai government about discrimination and lack of understandingblink.png

Interesting. I'm pretty amazed that there are even 500 Jews in one city in Gujarat India. I know about the history of Jews in Goa but most of them left already.

UPDATE:

OK, I thought 500 sounded high.

Turns out only 125 Jews there and the Hitler store has agreed to change its name.

Ahmedabad Jews also said they were happy to learn that the clothing shop in their city that carried the name Hitler had agreed to change its name.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/religion/article/jews_of_ahmedabad_india_welcome_torah_scroll

Edited by Jingthing

Well my old man fought the bastard in WWII and that's good enough for me to say:

"It's Thailand, nothing in this country has meaning unless its a name brand, and soon Hitler will be a name brand"

Edited by metisdead
Large font in odd color reset to forum default font.

Well my old man fought the bastard in WWII and that's good enough for me to say:

"It's Thailand, nothing in this country has meaning unless its a name brand, and soon Hitler will be a name brand"

Could you write in larger and more red please, could not read your post

Can someone give me the exact location so I can go and burn it!

Thanks in advance

Probably not a wise thing to do but I understand where you are coming from. The government would of approved of the business name when they registered it.

Advert ideas:

Hitler Fried Chicken

With a name like Hitler, it doesn't have to be good!

Hitler Fried Chicken

Nothing special about the chicken!

Hitler Fried Chicken

Mein Kampf ... Your Chicken

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I semi agree with you point, but the owner did find the name and all the details, so the owner clearly knows who and what the person was.

If it was some bad English word, i would bite the ignorance excuse for not knowing the full meaning, but in this case, no doubt the "word" is very clearly explained all over the place, not to mention been discussed on national TV a few times.

The most recent one from memory is a wax museum in Pattaya who thought it would be good marketing, though quickly learned it was not

PS. Another fact to keep in mind is that the owner used KFC logo as well

I don't think that proves the owner had any idea of the atrocities carried out under Hitler's orders. It's hard to believe but there really are people that ignorant in the world.

Hey, maybe he's a Thai supremacist. But I go with he's more likely to simply be an ignorant fool. You want marketing stuff, go to a print shop and ask them to draw a cartoon Hitler.

They have no idea what they are doing. Probably.

. . . or Schiklgruber . . .

I think both Adolf and Hitler are names that are now very rare - no surprises there

If I worked at Hitler Chicken, I wouldn't mention that on my resume! w00t.gif

I had a few "jobs" like that.

Someone asked what is an anti-semite.

That would be ... Hitler! thumbsup.gif

I just spat out my drink over the "resume" remarkblink.png

You owe me a rum and cokewhistling.gif

,,,,,,,,,,,And maybe a new laptop keyboard!

PS, thanks for making me laugh tonight tongue.png

Tomorrow I am off to Pattaya, the mrs is doing some ironing, she has my Dammed, Ramones and Motorhead t shirts piled up in front of her, will I be ok to wear my Motorhead Cross of Iron t shirt?

Oh shit, she has just told me the Lemmy shirt has been ironed, if you want to confront an angry Thai woman with a seering hot iron, feel free, if you see me in Pattaya next week, please feel free to ignore me.

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

If the Chinese people ever get the right to publicly criticise and debate maos revolution, I don't think he'll be on the currency for long.