Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

The root cause of this is the lack of world education in Thai schools. For thai people, Hitler is a comical character and I'm pretty sure that they find this methamphetamine-fuelled speeches and body gestures pretty funny. Maybe they just want to take the power away, I dont know. But still, its the lack of world history in Thai schools that cause this.

I mean, this is how Thai people view the world anyways:194829_450115971711029_608072602_o.jpg

Credit to the local artist.

Edited by HoudiniXLogic
  • Like 2

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)
I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Probably don't care about the slaughter of young children in American schools either. still takes all sorts

Do we learn from the lessons of history?

We do for a while, but I reckon it takes only a generation or two for those lessons to be ignored and then off we go again.

Each subsequent generation thinks it's the smartest of them all.

I

our peril.

I reckon it takes the passing of three generations to forget those lessons

this "news" item is such a load of old <deleted>.

the "journalist" concerned rehashed old photos from an unrelated story and could not even be arsed to get a photo of the place while it was open, let alone have words with the proprietor.

yet we are 14 or 15 pages on in a discussion about nothing.

Well your posts have certainly contributed nothing... Move along, Joe, if you think it's <deleted>. It seems many others are interested.

tom, do you not believe that a conscientious reporter would have actually stopped by the place when it was open?

Ok, that is a fair point and a worthy contribution, Joe. It definitely would have been interesting to hear the proprietor's views, especially before all the media attention.

Still, I don't think we've had 15 pages of nothing.

Talking of the history of Siam. Surely everybody knows that Thailand has never been conquered. Because they threw their hands in cahoots with the filthy murderous evil Japs in WW2. wai2.gif

I'm sure I read that the Thai PM, of whatever his title was during WW2, wanted Thailand to side what the Japanese, and was stopped by the Thai people themselves.

a declaration of war was sent to the USA, THE Thai ambassador simply did not deliver it as he supported the resistance what little there was, Also he was in America and realised odds were not in Thailands favour, and as we all know they need them at least 10-1 in favour.

Give it up guys. This doesn`t deserve this much attention.

The good thing about freedom of speech is that you have the freedom to express your opinion whatever it may be. The bad thing about it is that others do too.

coffee1.gif

Hello,

This a warning to all the silly, insensitive people on this forum who post messages which in any way condone what Adolf Hitler did during WW2, or make light of it, or turn it into some kind of joke. If I see posts like this in future I will report you to the moderators. For your information, there were millions of people who suffered during WW2 as a direct result of the barbarians led by Hitler. This is not something to be laughed about. This is not, as one poster stated so stupidly, to be regarded as: "it's funny". People all over the world suffered from this Devil called Hitler, notably in France, Poland and Russia - and above all, of course, it was Jewish people who suffered and were killed. Some of the comments here are seriously offensive, and I would request that people who make them should be banned from this forum. "Adolf Hitler" was not some "funny" guy that we can mention as a joke. He was a fascist dictator who brought untold misery to millions of people throughout the world. I would suggest that if you visited one of the death camps, as I have done - Dachau or Auschwitz (Oświęcim), which have become 'museums' - you might gain some insight into what happened during WW2. Maybe after that you would stop making your silly, offensive comments.

what you have said is all fair comment, but in applying this the same thing must apply to any comments on Chairman Mao, Josef Stalin, Mussilini, Julius Cesear, Pol Pot etc etc...as all are guilty of similar acts of genocide as the man in question

Please educate yourself... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque Citing other despots does nothing to diminish the ridiculousness of this restaurant, nor the education system which make such establishments seem edgy and cool to the local populace.

Of course the restaurant is in bad taste, but the fact remains Thailand is not alone is using depots in their advertising, whether for vodka, or chicken, the tone of this thread is suggesting that only Thailand guilty in doing things like this, but this is factually not true..and similar things have occurred in some so-called western educated countries...per the links I provided earlier

Stalin vodka

Chairman Mao's chicken in the US

US bikers wearing nazi iconography because they think its "cool"

You make an interesting point. But, still, I don't agree that the tone of this thread suggests only Thailand is guilty of such things.

You may disagree, but what irks me most about this is that Hitler has become a pop icon in Thailand, much the way of Che Guevara in the west. It's so pathetic.

Edited by aTomsLife

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

And people wonder why history repeats and people get duped into tyranny & subjected to violence, brutality & genocide, and vicious dictators arise again & again. Imagine if you can, "forgiving" (and forgetting!) Hitler. 'Makes you wanna' cry.

• Like 1

It's near Khao San Road and is very cheap. The Israeli back packers are in a terrible dilemma.

Stupid and idiotic remarks like that are just antisemitism with a little disguise.

The good thing about freedom of speech is that you have the freedom to express your opinion whatever it may be. The bad thing about it is that others do too.

coffee1.gif

What freedom of speech? Do you mean like Henry Ford saying, "You can have any color you want as long as it is black"?

So may we assume that you don't care about the fate of all the valiant US Forces who died because they did care? Prince Harry was at the time a know nothing young <deleted> who was rightly taken to task. What is your excuse?

coffee1.gif

What freedom of speech? Do you mean like Henry Ford saying, "You can have any color you want as long as it is black"?

blink.png

- No, not like that. That was the freedom to buy any car you wanted as long as it was a Ford.

Of course some posters deserve some hammering, but this particular topic is getting boring when so many posters are obviously trolling.

Soldiers follow orders, so if anyone to blame are the ones giving out orders

It's surprising 'I was just obeying zee orders' didn't go down better at Nuremberg then.

Are you for real? how many soldiers were jailed? officers issuing orders- plenty but how many soldiers?rolleyes.gif , please enough already with your nonsense in every post you make

dont you people SEE,,hes winding you up,and your taking the bait big time,,,clue yourselves up,,,,,,coffee1.gif ,,,i expected better from you lot on here,,,,

Never, ever forget. I hope that The American Legion puts out a contract on you. Many of my generation made the ultimate sacrifice to give you your freedoms and they must turn in their graves, many of them unmarked, to know you abuse their efforts. You, and anybody holding similar views, should be ashamed but then you are so wrapped up in your pathetic little self contained worlds, that you would never, ever, experience such an emotion.

Hello,

This a warning to all the silly, insensitive people on this forum who post messages which in any way condone what Adolf Hitler did during WW2, or make light of it, or turn it into some kind of joke. If I see posts like this in future I will report you to the moderators. For your information, there were millions of people who suffered during WW2 as a direct result of the barbarians led by Hitler. This is not something to be laughed about. This is not, as one poster stated so stupidly, to be regarded as: "it's funny". People all over the world suffered from this Devil called Hitler, notably in France, Poland and Russia - and above all, of course, it was Jewish people who suffered and were killed. Some of the comments here are seriously offensive, and I would request that people who make them should be banned from this forum. "Adolf Hitler" was not some "funny" guy that we can mention as a joke. He was a fascist dictator who brought untold misery to millions of people throughout the world. I would suggest that if you visited one of the death camps, as I have done - Dachau or Auschwitz (Oświęcim), which have become 'museums' - you might gain some insight into what happened during WW2. Maybe after that you would stop making your silly, offensive comments.

yes yes weve know the history,your a bit late,,a warning you say eh,,,,,,,,scary,,,,,,grow up its a forum everyone is having a go on here,,,so you dont need to tell sir,,,,

Never, ever forget. I hope that The American Legion puts out a contract on you. Many of my generation made the ultimate sacrifice to give you your freedoms and they must turn in their graves, many of them unmarked, to know you abuse their efforts. You, and anybody holding similar views, should be ashamed but then you are so wrapped up in your pathetic little self contained worlds, that you would never, ever, experience such an emotion.

I hear your message of hate, yet disagree.

My grandparent's generation suffered greatly during WW2, many Americans gave their lives also. Please, have some decency by acknowledging their sacrifice and bravery. Lest We Forget.

So what your saying only Americans were killed in WWII ?....now that is offensive...BTW "Lest We forget" comes from the British...

so we should we only acknowlege the Americans sacrifice and bravery and screw everyone else....your post is just as bad as the topic being discussed..

The post didn't say that. I'm a Brit and I do not feel that bashing Yanks is warranted in this case.

Bluespunk said

Wrong. I can and do criticise all acts of genocide. What country have you decided I come from by the way? You clearly have made a decision. However that is not the point. I condemn all acts of genocide regardless of who commits them. Where I am from and my country's history is irrelevant.

Oh good.

So you're with me on that Gaza thingie, then.

If you bothered to read all the posts on this topic you would see that I have said I condemn all genocide, though to be honest if you just bothered to read the replies I made to you would show that. I think you just have a thing about Israel.

An answer to the question in post #372

And people wonder why history repeats and people get duped into tyranny & subjected to violence

Perhaps you should address your comments to the facist dictatorship that is the EU, history repeats itself because the spineless politicians refuse to listen to the voters.

No wonder right wing groups are on the rise in Europe, people in the UK cant understand why they cant deport a terrorist (Qatada), how much has this fiasco cost the taxpayer, but oh no, his human rights must be respected.

They, the uniforms, where Hugo Boss originals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss).

Hello,

I agree with you. My grandfather was a prisoner at Auschwitz. It's not funny. There was nothing funny about the genocide or what went on at the camps.

But I am curious about why there seems to be a fascination among some people in Thailand about Hitler. I believe that I read about nazi fashion there, and recently I watched "Jakkalan," which seemed to portray a character as something of a caricature of Adolph Hitler. While the caricature was not one that glorified Hitler, I wondered why anything related to Hitler might be portrayed in comedy. Hitler was not funny at all. Hitler chicken is not funny either. It's been mentioned that their icon looks like they used Colonel Sanders from KFC, and pasted Hitler's head on him could be a problem, couldn't it? Maybe especially if Thailand has any KFC?

But I think making "Chaplin Chicken" would be better, but not portrayed as Hitler, but as Charlie Chaplin. There does seem to be a lack of awareness of who Adolph Hitler was. I wonder how many people are wearing the Nazi fashion clothes just because it is popular, but have no idea what is wrong with it.

So now would be a bad time to say My Grandfather was killed in Auschwitz to....he got pissed and fell off the Guard Tower!

Tilac2 you happen to be on a site supposedly frequented by adults, yet your rant sounds like that of a bawling school child. When I read your first sentence I cannot get the voice of Biggus Dickuss from Monty Python's the life of Brian out of my head 'Centuwian get wid of this wuffian'. 'I will weport you to the modewators' because it's not funny?? Nobody is saying it is funny,but this thread is about a fast food joint IN SE Asia with a picture of Hitlers head on a logo, that is it, yet we are now being lectured about genocide and the "it is not funny my Grandfather was in Auschwitz stories". Can everybody give it up. The only questions should be 1. Should KFC sue and 2. Is the chicken as crap as their branding. That is it. It's the weekend, we don't need lectures on the morality of war the thread is about a crass fast food joint. Why don't you all go to world news and lecture on the morality of war in some threads that deserve it such as Syria or Afghanistan. And of course Thailand has KFC, do you actually live here or have you even visited here at all?

No it's not about those things at all, if you think it is then how would it go down in the US if someone were to open an Bin Laden Burgers joint in New York and start advertising 9/11 burgers!

BTW I pressed the Like button in error.

• Like 1

No it's not about those things at all, if you think it is then how would it go down in the US if someone were to open an Bin Laden Burgers joint in New York and start advertising 9/11 burgers!

Good comparison thumbsup.gif

Hello,

I agree with you. My grandfather was a prisoner at Auschwitz. It's not funny. There was nothing funny about the genocide or what went on at the camps.

But I am curious about why there seems to be a fascination among some people in Thailand about Hitler. I believe that I read about nazi fashion there, and recently I watched "Jakkalan," which seemed to portray a character as something of a caricature of Adolph Hitler. While the caricature was not one that glorified Hitler, I wondered why anything related to Hitler might be portrayed in comedy. Hitler was not funny at all. Hitler chicken is not funny either. It's been mentioned that their icon looks like they used Colonel Sanders from KFC, and pasted Hitler's head on him could be a problem, couldn't it? Maybe especially if Thailand has any KFC?

But I think making "Chaplin Chicken" would be better, but not portrayed as Hitler, but as Charlie Chaplin. There does seem to be a lack of awareness of who Adolph Hitler was. I wonder how many people are wearing the Nazi fashion clothes just because it is popular, but have no idea what is wrong with it.

So now would be a bad time to say My Grandfather was killed in Auschwitz to....he got pissed and fell off the Guard Tower!

Tilac2 you happen to be on a site supposedly frequented by adults, yet your rant sounds like that of a bawling school child. When I read your first sentence I cannot get the voice of Biggus Dickuss from Monty Python's the life of Brian out of my head 'Centuwian get wid of this wuffian'. 'I will weport you to the modewators' because it's not funny?? Nobody is saying it is funny,but this thread is about a fast food joint IN SE Asia with a picture of Hitlers head on a logo, that is it, yet we are now being lectured about genocide and the "it is not funny my Grandfather was in Auschwitz stories". Can everybody give it up. The only questions should be 1. Should KFC sue and 2. Is the chicken as crap as their branding. That is it. It's the weekend, we don't need lectures on the morality of war the thread is about a crass fast food joint. Why don't you all go to world news and lecture on the morality of war in some threads that deserve it such as Syria or Afghanistan. And of course Thailand has KFC, do you actually live here or have you even visited here at all?

BTW I pressed the Like button in error.

Yikes, you pressed the like button in error!! the world is coming to an end. See, you are so enraged you don't know where to press. Just to help you from your near fatal mistake you can go back and press 'unlike', it's easy.

This is nothing like starting a burger joint in the US called Bin Ladens burgers is it? That is just plain stupid. 9/11 happened in the US, such a store would last 10 mins before it was pulled down by a redneck. Hitler happened in Europe and this store is........7000 miles away in SE Asia. Are the locals likely to have a personal gripe about this store the same as local residents in the US would have about a Bin Laden burger joint...No! Now if the shop in question had been opened in Berlin or Tel Aviv you might have a good comparison. Perhaps you should start getting enraged that one of the Bush Families closest business partners is Bin Laden Construction, yes the one owned by Osama Bin Ladens father.

Espen

No it's not!

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

hahhaha I just revisited this thread after 24 hours. Two things that strikes me are :

The religious "Gods chosen people type " ( select Jews or Muslims...your choice) will never give up in their demands that the rest of the world will accede to their demands that they are...well...Gods people and whatever happens to them is a result of somebody else's hatred and the rest can go to hell.....

.and the second thing is...nobody else cares.

• Like 2

Something else to consider (not the Nazi thing) is that old Adolf pulled Germany out of a pretty serious recession in the 20's and gave the world the beetle.

I don't think he was elected (initially) on a policy of hatred...that came later and as a true politician sold this idea to the populace

He got the country working again..people found jobs

Edited by Mudcrab