UK's Prince Harry qualifies as Apache Commander

News_Editor

I am amazed that some of you believe Harry reached the top by hard work. Harry got where he is by birth, not ability, this is not jealousy, just old fashioned scepticism.

You are making an assumption there with no facts offered to back it up. Judging by his Uncle Edward's failure in the forces, I'm more inclined to the view that the Royals have to earn their stripes and wings the same as others do.

Actually it is much harder for them because not only their troops, instructors and family are watching their progress, so is the whole damn worlds press who are ONLY too eager to find a fault and try to belitte them much as johna is trying and failing miserably.

• Like 2

As every member of the royal family enjoys guaranteed advancement through the military you could be forgiven for thinking they were all military geniuses, rivals to Alexander or Nelson. The truth is much simpler, the wheels have been greased since the day they were born.

As every member of the royal family enjoys guaranteed advancement through the military you could be forgiven for thinking they were all military geniuses, rivals to Alexander or Nelson. The truth is much simpler, the wheels have been greased since the day they were born.

See my post 31 above yours and stop talking <deleted> as usual about something you have no knowledge about.

• Like 1

See my post 31 above yours and stop talking <deleted> as usual about something you have no knowledge about.

To be fair, why is your opinion more valid than his?

Two opinions, they differ. There is no way to know which is correct

To be fair, why is your opinion more valid than his?

Two opinions, they differ. There is no way to know which is correct

Actually it's not that difficult.

Johna's chippy, unsupported comments are not based on any fact and furthermore he probably has no experience or knowledge of the military beyond hours of "joystick" time on Call of Duty etc, and hanging out with his fellow "ex-SF" types.

It's akin to the same sad, chippy folk who drone on about Zara Phillips' success in eventing as being down to her family, when the same people have never had the cajones to do anything quite so demanding or challenging in their pathetically insignificant little lives.

If you are going to make contentious comments some evidence never goes amiss, unless the intent is one of a trolling nature...

• Like 1

Again, how do you know johna has no military experience . . . this debate is a matter of one side saying yes and the other no . . . and the only ones to know are the subjects themselves

From his posts it is crystal clear.... Zero military experience in HM forces for sure, unless he for sone reason fell short of good conduct and military discipline = plausible reason for the chip. And Sing I would guess you have not served in the military either.... Maybe I am wrong. Have you?

There's proof positive that you are ever so wrong . . . Lt in the navy . . . but then I guess you feel I have zero experience also

Well if you went through BRNC you have my respect. So I am at a loss as to why you question HRH achievements. Perhaps you had a bad experience with a foreign student? Also Lt suggests a Short Service Commission Interested to hear why you left so early?

• Like 1

Again, how do you know johna has no military experience . . . this debate is a matter of one side saying yes and the other no . . . and the only ones to know are the subjects themselves

You are correct and I have no idea if johna has any military experience or not. The same goes for you but you have come up with the fact that you have military experience.

johna on the other has maintains silence on that.

At least I have proof of my service of 25 years, boy and man.

• Like 1

There's proof positive that you are ever so wrong . . . Lt in the navy . . . but then I guess you feel I have zero experience also

Well if you went through BRNC you have my respect. So I am at a loss as to why you question HRH achievements. Perhaps you had a bad experience with a foreign student? Also Lt suggests a Short Service Commission Interested to hear why you left so early?

You see, this is the problem when you only see what you want to see. Please do show me where I questioned his achievements. I merely stated - possibly for the third time - that no-one knows aside from the ones affected and anything else is pure conjecture - both ways. I shall let you roam the pages until you find my statement that he has done well. I will expect a retraction on your part regarding my 'questioning' his achievements.

My apologies, but what do foreign students have to do with anything?

Short? Yes. Followed the family tradition and then accepted one of the offers on hand that also allowed me to do my MBA.

Same as for my brothers . . .

This is the same guy who cheated on his Uni exams, spends his free time butt naked in Las Vegas, and we are now expected to believe he has earned his wings, lol

For those wondering where did some of the less than stellar comments about Harry and his achievements start, it was with this post. I think we have exhausted that subject and I strongly suggest you continue posting on topic.

Thanks.

You have no idea how tough and resilient you have to be to become an officer in HM Forces let alone serve as a Forward Air Controller in battle. Additionally he is a qualified Tank Commander with the Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry Regiment. I have followed his career with interest and he has displayed exemplary leadership in service, when he could so easily have called upon a silver spoon! Now he is a qualified pilot of a very sophisticated war fighting machine and holds all the credentials to be the upstanding member of the Royal Family that he is. Hats off to HRH; he is a far better man than me!

The OP/press release is simply "Royal News" - its not a big deal one way or the other.

To try to put both these posts in perspective, as they are at opposite ends of the spectrum and equally mis-informed:

He was not an FAC during his first tour in Afghanistan, he was a watchkeeper - radically different jobs.

He is not a "qualified tank commander" - as has been pointed out, the Blues and Royals is a recce regiment not a tank regiment; the majority of tank commanders are also NCOs, not officers, so its a bit meaningless anyway.

Nobody has "guaranteed advancement through the military", whoever they are.

Promotion is based on merit and in competition with others and all officers still have to pass promotion exams. For immediate members of the Royal family (the "magnificent seven") promotion beyond Major / Lieutenant Commander / Squadron Leader is extremely unlikely as their public royal commitments mean that they simply cannot devote sufficient time to the military however much they may want to or however good they may be at their military job; the only Royal to have done so recently was the Duke of Kent, who made Lt Colonel in 21 years in the Army.

In Prince Harry's case, as a 28 year old captain, his military career is "average", which is only to be expected under his circumstances - to have got further would be unusual, particularly given the restrictions on his operational roles and his royal commitments, and any less would have been even more unusual.

• Like 2

The bloody day Harry was witness to an horrific war crime: Prince was just 220yds away when US Special Forces trooper fired machine gun at Afghan goat herders

Prince Harry was no more than 220 yards away when a US trooper standing aboard an armoured vehicle cocked a .50 calibre machine gun and fired successive bursts at Afghan shepherds tending their goats, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The shocking incident, which was confirmed last night by the Ministry of Defence, triggered a war crimes investigation by US military police.

It took place on Harrys first frontline tour of Afghanistan, which, until today, has been shrouded in secrecy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362684/Prince-Harry-witness-war-crime-US-opened-Afghan-goat-herders.html